A Kid in the WWE

Apologies

Image

"And the winner of this match by pin fall, Charlotte!" Lillian yelled through the microphone.

"Woo!" Ted stood up and ran into the ring. He picked me up in a bear hug and swung me around. "Congrats, Divas Champion!" He laughed.

I looked at Maryse lying on the mat clutching her side where I kicked her. The ref was at her side asking her if she was ok, then he motioned that they needed a stretcher for her.

"What have I done?" I whispered in Ted's ear as he hugged me again.

"What the hell where you two talking about?" He whispered back.

We walked towards the exit/entrance and were greeted by Randy and Cody. Randy picked me up bridal style and kissed me, which earned hoots and boos from the crowd. He then carried me backstage to the locker room.

"What the fuck, Charlotte, was going on out there?" Randy yelled.

"Chill out! I learned something that I think I needed to hear. I need to go talk to Maryse." I said and left the room.

"But I saw you talking to her on the screen! Haven't you said enough?" He yelled down the hallway.

I flipped him the bird and ran to the room where I saw the paramedics take Maryse. I stood at the doorway and watched as a couple paramedics wrapped body tape around her ribcage and put a large icepack on her.

"Charlotte, we need to talk." She lifted up her head and motioned for me to come in.

"Maryse, I'm...I'm so sorry. I had to make it look real. I didn't--"

"I don't deserve your apology." She simply said. "Look in my duffel bag. The money Adam gave me is in there. I didn't spend it because after you caught Mike and I, I felt horrible and almost threw it away."

I picked up the bag and opened it up. Inside was another bag.

"Well, the checks in my purse..."

I opened her purse and found the crisp rectangular paper with Adam Copeland on the top in bold print. In the amount of money part, there was $1,000 written in neat handwriting to a Maryse Ouellet.

"Thanks, Maryse." I said.

"You’re welcome. And again...I'm so, so sorry about what I did. I feel terrible and I can't forgive myself." She started crying again.

"Hey, you can and will forgive yourself because I don't blame it all on you anymore. And I guess...I guess it's time for me to forgive Mike. I also forgive you. So please forgive yourself. Now I just need to talk to Adam."

"Thank you Charlotte." She smiled. We shook hands then I left back to the locker room.

"Well?" Randy asked.

I told him, Ted, and Cody all that happened and showed them the check that Adam had given Maryse.

"So what are you gonna do?" Cody asked.

"I'm gonna go pay Adam Copeland a visit." I said.

Image

0 0 0

♠ ♠ ♠
Two more chapters to go, I'll post them tomorrow.