Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

The Plan

I knock franticly on Jill's door, when she finally comes to answer she lets me in and says,
"I'll be right with you, I'm on the phone with Mike." I push past her and grab the phone which is sitting on her kitchen table.
"Hi Mike, it's Bianca, call back in half an hour, great, thanks." I hang up the phone and look over at the now infuriated Jill.

"What the hell was that about?!"
"I won another state competition!"
"SO? That's no reason to end my call with Mike!"
"I won more than enough money to send me, you and Adie to England so we can visit the guys!"
"WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Jill says as I hand her the check. "You are fuckin serious!"
"But I've got a plan. We tell them we're sending them a 'care package' and that the have to pick it up at the airport, so we'll surprise the hell out of them."
"Okay and what about Adie?"
"We'll buy her a ticket over the phone and she'll meet us there."

I pull Adie's phone number out of my pocket and dial the number and explain the situation. We then go on to calling the airline to book the tickets after everything is settled we wait for Mike's call. The phone rings exactly half an hour after I hung up with him. I pick it up.

"Hello."
"Hey B. B." Tre's voice cries out from the other end of the line.
"Tre, why do you call me that?"
"It's your screen name isn't it?" I refuse to comment on this.
"Guess what, one of my dad's friends is going to England so I'm sending over a care package to you."
"Oh, a care package you say; sounds sexy."
"Yes it is. Jill is sending Mike a care package too."
"So how do I receive this care package?" Tre says in a very James Bond sort of voice.
"Go to the airport at 3:30 England time on Tuesday. My dad's friend has firery red hair and a bushy goatee; he also wears a pink and purple tie." While I make up this description of this made up person, I'm also trying to get Jill to stop laughing. "And his name is Spanky Jass."
"Hmm, interesting name, what nationality is it?" Tre asks laughing his head off at the description of this strange person.
"No nationality, his parents were eccentric hippies."
"Okay, airport, Tuesday at 3:30." Tre repeats as Billie is heard in the background telling Tre to get off the phone. "Gotta go" he hangs up the phone and I turn to Jill who's still trying to calm down.
"Spanky Jass? Did he actually buy that?" she asks still laughing uncontrollably.
"I think so." I say as I begin to giggle. "Our flight is tomorrow evening, I should go pack my stuff" I leave Jill's house and walk home.

"Bianca, hurry the hell up! We have to catch the next bus or we won't make it to the airport on time!" Jill yells from the living room the next day.
"Hold on, I'm just writing a note to my dad!" I yell back as I place the note on the kitchen table.

Dad,
I have several competitions this week, so you won't be seeing much of me. Jill's house is closer to school so I'll be sleeping there so I can get to morning rehearsals on time and cause she helps me out with my routines and all that jazz.
Bianca


We get to the airport and the lady who checked our bags kept looking at us funny.
"Is there a problem?" I ask
"No, no. You just look a little young to be traveling on your own, how old are you, fifteen?"
"If you looked at our passports you'd see we're seventeen." Jill says also pretty annoyed with this lady.
"Well then, enjoy your flight" she says handing us our boarding passes.

The flight was long and I ended up sleeping through most of it. I was awoken when the captain made the announcement that we would be landing momentarily. My heart started beating a million miles an hour at the thought that I was actually going to spend the week with Tre. It's as if it had only truly sunk in now, I went across an ocean to see him.

"Look there's Adie." Jill says pointing at the coffee place in the airport. We walk up to the table where she was sitting at.
"So are we going to surprise the guys now?" she says looking up from her coffee.
"Yeah, they should be waiting up front." I say as Adie diwns the rest of her coffee and picks up her bag.

We get to the main door of the airport and we see Mike and Billie leaning against the wall impatiently and Tre holding a sign that says "Spanky Jass" Adie looks at me confused at the name on the sign, I look at her laughing to myself and say,
"Don't ask." We walk up to the guys and smiles whip across their faces.
"You didn't tell us you were coming!" Billie says wrapping his arms around Adrienne.
"We thought we'd surprise you." Jill says embracing Mike as Tre comes up to me and gets me in a bear hug, lifting me up.
"I like this care package" he says smirking.

"Oh Adie, ask Billie to show you his new tattoo." Tre coos.
"New tattoo?" she says with interest as she backs away from him.
"Yeah, I got it last week." He says sort of embarrassed.
"Well can I see it?" she asks lifting the sleeves of his shirt trying to find the tattoo.
"You're looking in the wrong place!" Mike says smirking evilly. Billie rolls his eyes, and he lowers his pants slightly to show a tattoo on his hip. The tattoo was the number 80.
"Hmm," Adie says touching the tattoo with her finger, "I like it"
"So where are you guys staying?" I ask as we put are bags in their rental car.
"With these totally awesome people that live upstairs from a bar." Tre says excitedly.