Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Homecoming

Jill is sitting in the driver's seat of Mike's truck waiting for me to get into the truck. We drive to the airport and step out of the truck. We see the guys waiting outside the gate.
"Hey guys," I say as I go up to kiss Tre. We load up the truck and head back to their apartment.
"Guess what," Billie says as he unloads the truck. "We're going to record another album."
"Congratulations." I pick up a drum and carry it inside, "What are you going to call it?"
"Kerplunk!" Mike says, carrying his bass up the steps.
"Answer my question," I say, looking at Billie.
"Kerplunk!" Tre repeats.
"Oh, you're calling the album Kerplunk. That's a cool name," I say, looking at Jill, who's laughing at my clueless-ness.

"I'm losing what's left of my dignity, a small price to pay to see that you're happy, Forget all the disappointments you have faced, open up your worried world and let me in," Billie sings the next week at their gig. Jill and myself are sitting at the bar watching them play. They finish playing and they come join us.
"Was I sexy?" Tre asks in a whining voice.
"Dead sexy," I say as I wrap my arms around him and kiss his soft lips. After a while of hanging out at the bar Tre looks around.
"Oh, they're doing acid!" he exclaims, pointing at some people at a table. "I've been wanting some."
"Tre," I say, hoping he'll change his mind, but he doesn't. I turn to Mike. "Can you drive me home now?" He looks over at Jill and says,
"I guess, I'll be back in a bit." The drive was silent until he pulls up to my house.

"Why'd you want to leave all of a sudden?" he asks, looking straight ahead.
"I don't like dealing with Tre when he's on acid," I say, opening the truck door.
"Have you told him this?"
"Sort of."
"What do you mean sort of, you either did or you didn't?"
"I told him I don't trust him when he's on acid, hence I don't sleep over when he's on the stuff and I also told him to cut down."
"Well, that's not the same; you have to be very specific with Tre sometimes," Mike says, finally looking at me.
"I guess you're right," I say as I walk toward my house and Mike drives back to the club.

I walk up the steps to the apartment the next evening; I open the door to see Tre, Mike and Jill sitting in front of the T.V.
"What happened to you last night?" Tre asks as makes space on the sofa for me.
"That's what I want to talk to you about." I then look at Mike hinting for some privacy.
"Jill, let's go get some coffee," he says, grabbing the keys to his truck. They both leave the apartment and I sit next to Tre.
"The reason I left yesterday was because you left me at the bar so you could go do acid. I hate it when you're on acid. I mean when you're drunk or have been smoking pot, you're foolish, but when you're on acid you're insane, and it scares the crap out of me." I sputter these words out on the verge of crying.
"Well, okay," Tre says, taking what I said into consideration, "I'll stop."
"Really?"
"Yeah, besides I like waking up next to you." I lean over him and kiss his lips gently.
"Thank you."
"Where the hell is Mike?" Billie asks, walking out of his room. "We have to be at the club in five minutes!"
"Don't worry, he just went to get some coffee," I say, getting off Tre and sitting back down in my respected seat. Billie shakes his head finding humor in the whole situation.
"Ahh, Mike and his coffee, he should just open his own coffee shop."
"That's not a bad idea," Mike says, walking into the apartment in one hand a cup of coffee and his other arm around Jill's waist. "I'll call it Rudy's Can't Fail Café."
"Nice," Tre says, nodding in approval.
"We have to leave now," Billie says, picking up his guitar.
"They have a drum set there, right?" Tre asks while trying to locate his drum sticks.
"Yes Tre. Jeez, you're acting as if we never played there before," Billie says, rolling his eyes.

Their show was awesome and the after party was insane. Beer as far as the eye can see. I came to the conclusion that Billie must be part Irish, because for a fairly small man he can really pack in the liquor. We stumble back to the apartment in the wee hours of the morning piss drunk and rowdy. We finally make it inside the apartment and we all flop down in front of the T.V.
"Yay! Ferrlis Booler!" Tre slurs. I look at him confused.
"Ferris Bueller," Billie says, pointing at the T.V. The five of us start to watch the movie. Mike and Jill decide to go to bed after about five minutes, Billie went to bed ten minutes after that. It was just Tre and I piss drunk sitting on the couch watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"Will you marry me?" Tre asks after watching the scene where Ferris proposes to his girlfriend.
"Sure," I say, flopping back on the couch, "can I go to bed first?"
"I guess," Tre says, picking me up and carrying me to his room; he places me on the bed gently and lies next to me.
"Have I told you that you remind me of a pixie?" he says, sounding practically sober.
"Mmm-hmm," I murmur as I doze off. I wake up with the most sickening feeling in my stomach. I let out a groan, "Tre, I feel sick."
"Okay," he says as he helps me up and guides me to the washroom. I puke my guts out while Tre sits on the edge of the bathtub waiting patiently for me to finish. I flush the toilette and step over to the sink to rinse out my mouth.
"Sorry you had to see me like this," I say as I walk with him back to his bedroom.
"Nah, I don't mind, you're the sexiest puker I've ever seen." I laugh at his remark.
"I seriously doubt anyone looks sexy when they're puking."
"Well you do," Tre says as he lifts the blankets on his bed as I slide under next to him.