Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

What is Love?

"So what's up with you and Tre? I mean for the past week you've been on him more, I don't know...aggressively than usual," Jill asks as we walk to the guys' apartment.
"Aggressively?" I ask laughing at her choice of words. "Well he said he'd give up acid for me."
"Awe, you've got him whipped!" she yells as she makes a whipping noise with he tongue.
"NO! I just told him he's insane when he's on the stuff, he chose to quit on his own."
"Sure," she says laughing. "Just try not to pounce him when he's playing at the show tonight."
"I won't!" We walk into the apartment to see the guys passing around a joint.

"Darn it! Now we have to share six, no sorry, five ways!" Tre complains, crossing his arms.
"It's okay; I'm not in the mood for a joint today." I say sitting on Tre's lap.
"Don't you guys have a gig tonight?" Jill asks as Mike snuggles his face to her neck.
"Oh yeah," Billie Joe says putting down the joint. "When's that again?" I look at my watch.
"In an hour."
"Good, I have time to rest," he says as he puts his head back on the sofa and shuts his eyes. Tre wraps his arms around my waist and begins to sing.
"I got my pixie here, she's nice to me, I like her a lot, but now I have to pee." I get off him and he makes his way to the washroom still singing, "She is so pretty, especially naked . . ."
"TRE!" I yell.
"Sorry!" He shuts the bathroom door and continues to sing, "I like when she dances, she looks like a princess, oh pixie of mine, oh I love my pixie." He walks out of the washroom.
"I love you too Tre," I say looking up from the sofa.
"I love you Pixie," he says, sitting back down on the sofa and puts his arm over my shoulders. Billie starts humming the tune of the pixie song.
"I miss Adie."
"We know," I say, patting him on the shoulder, "she misses you too."
"She was supposed to call today," he says miserably.

I try not to act to lovey-dovey with Tre in front of Billie, but Billie falls asleep on the couch so I start to kiss Tre's neck but the phone rings. I get up to get it since no one else is moving from their spot.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me Adie."
"Hey Adie! Billie's been moping around for the last little while about how much he misses you."
"Oh he's so cheesy, but I miss him too, so can I talk to him?"
"Yeah hold on I'll try to wake him up." I walk over to Billie and pinch his nose. He gasps for air and wakes up.
"What do you know, he's awake. Adie's on the phone for you," I say as he grabs the phone and walks into his room, making the phone wire cross the living room. Half an hour later, Mike pulls Jill's arm to look at her watch.
"Hey Bill! Enough phone sex, we have to get to the club!" Jill slaps his arm as she rolls her eyes. Billie remains in his room for another five minutes before he comes out of his room with the phone.
"Let's go," he says quietly picking up his guitar and heading out the door.

The concert was pretty good; they played quite a few songs that they were going to record on Kerplunk. The after-party was pretty cool as well; we got to meet some of the guys' friends, Eggplant, Roadie Shawn and Lucky Dog. Later on in the night Jill comes up to me and pokes me on the shoulder.
"Didn't you say Tre quit acid?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, look over there." She says pointing toward a corner of the club where Tre is obviously on an acid trip. Jill winces, noticing this is disturbing news to me.
"Okay then," I say disappointed as I finish up my beer, leave the club and catch the bus home.

The next morning I feel miserable, so I sleep in and when I finally do wake up I stay in bed past noon. I get up and make my way to the kitchen for something to eat when the doorbell rings. I open the door, still wearing my pajamas, to see a very sorry looking Tre.
"Tre, I don't feel like talking to you right now," I say as I close the door.
"Please, just let me explain myself," he pleads.
"You have one minute," I say opening the door again.
"Eggplant gave me gum, and I didn't know it had acid on it."
"Okay," I say letting him in. We walk up to my room to talk since it was the coolest room in the house, and this particular summer day is a scorcher.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday," he says looking at his feet.
"You said it's not your fault and I believe you," I say, trying to look at his eyes.
"I know, but still, I shouldn't have taken gum from someone like Eggplant without asking if it had acid on it." He finally looks up at me with his big blue eyes. "I got you something." At this moment I can't resist any longer, I pull him by his collar towards me and start to kiss his lips but he pulls back.
"Don't you want to see what I got you?" he asks, his arms supporting his weight over me.
"I thought you were my present," I say giggling. He shakes his head and pulls a small rectangular box out of his pocket and hands it to me. I open the box slowly and see a beautiful necklace with a little pixie charm on it.
"I love it," I say as I take it out of the box. Tre takes the necklace out of my hand and attaches it around my neck.
"I promise you, I'll always love you," he whispers in my ear, "which means no more acid for me." I pull him close to me again and begin to kiss his neck.
"I love you Tre."