Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Choices

I wake up the next morning and see that my dad had ordered breakfast to the room, but already left to go to his meetings. I eat some pancakes and head down to the hotel's pool for a morning swim. After about twenty minutes I see the offspring squad come to the pool.

"Oh, hi Bianca, we called your room but you weren't there," Caitlin says in her nasal voice. "We wanted you to come swimming with us, how come you came alone?"
"I like the tranquility of swimming," I say as they make there way into the pool. I look over at Oliver who's staring at me. "Take a picture it will last longer!"
"Honestly Oliver, she's off limits," Jules says in my defense. I excuse myself and head back to my hotel room.

The offspring squad was really annoying me now, and I missed Tre. I spend the day watching crappy sitcoms and my dad returns around 6 o'clock.
"We wrapped up all the meetings, so we can leave early, first thing tomorrow morning." He says as he takes off his shoes. A rush of delight zooms through me, not another day with the offspring squad and I get to be back with Tre sooner.
"Sounds good," I say as I start packing up my duffle bag. "So what are we going to do about supper?"
"Dinner with my co-workers." He mutters as he starts flipping through the channels. "Your friends will be there, what are there names, Jules, Stewie?"
"Jules, Steven, Oliver, and Caitlin," I mutter.

We drive home the next morning and my father drops me off at the guys' apartment. I scurry up the steps and see Eggplant walk out. I fumble to get the door open, so I put my bag down and push the door open with all my weight.
"Tre? Billie? Mike?" my voice bellows through the seemingly empty apartment. I walk up to the kitchen counter and I pick up a Ziploc bag with two small tablets in it. "3 doses" is written on the bag. All of a sudden Tre stumbles out of his room.

"You're not Eggplant!" he yells as he starts rubbing against the wall. I watch him carefully as he waves his arms in front of him. He starts muttering to himself, "The colors love me, they're hugging me. Hey put down my bag of happy!" I walk up to him and slap him hard across the face.
"You promised!" I yell as he stumbles to the floor. I run out of the apartment, tears streaming down my face. Billie Joe is walking up the stairs and he stops me.
"What happened?!" he demands holding onto my arms. I struggle out of his grasp and run out of the building. I get three feet out of the building when I realize I left my bag in the hall. I run up the stairs and grab my bag. I hear Billie yelling form inside the apartment.
"Tre, you really fucked up this time! You managed to get her to forgive you the first time you slipped up, but this time I don't think she'll be so understanding!" I run home and lock myself in my room.

I whip the pixie necklace off my neck and toss it in the waste bin. I grab the letter from the New York dance school and dial the phone number at the bottom of the page.
"Hello, this is Bianca Sylva. I'm calling about the scholarship I was offered."
"Yes, well you're calling a bit late to register but I'll see if we have anymore space," a woman's voice tells me. "Oh here we are, there's an open dorm space. Okay, courses start Monday, so we suggest you get here by Friday."
"Thank you very much," I say as she gives me more details about the scholarship. I make my way to my dad's room, where he's working at his desk. I clear my throat.

"Dad."
"Yeah sweetie," he says not looking up from his paper work.
"I've decided to go to the dance academy." He turns around to look at me.
"Really, well do you want me to call the school?" I shake my head.
"I already called, I have to be in New York by Friday." He nods and walks up to me and gives me a hug.
"I'm proud of you."

The next morning I'm woken up by the sound of the doorbell. I look out my bedroom window and see the person at the door is Tre. I ignore the door and take my shower and basically get ready to go to Jill's. An hour later I look out the window and see Tre still sitting on the steps.
"Why won't he leave?" I mutter to myself as I put some pop tarts in the toasted. As I eat my breakfast I see him walk away from the house.
"Finally." I open the front door and see that Tre left me a bouquet of flowers. I roll my eyes and throw the flowers in the garbage can on the curb. Tre is sitting on the curb next to the garbage can. I say nothing to him and walk away.

"Bianca, wait, can we talk about this?" he asks walking beside me.
"Okay, tell me the truth, did you know that gum had acid on it that night at the club."
"Yes," he mutters quietly.
"You're a fucking liar, and I'll be happy if I never talk to you again." I say as we come near Jill's house. I knock on the door.
"Please! You don't know how sorry I am. I just slipped up."
"Slipped up! You had three doses in that bag! That's not a slip up! That's a hobby!" I yell as I hop over the fence because Jill is taking to long to answer the door. Tre doesn't follow me; I open the back door and walk in.

"Jill! Are you here? I need to tell you something!" I walk into her kitchen and see her sitting at the table with her head in her hands. I forget all about Tre and sit next to her.
"Jill, what happened?"
"Nothing," she says wiping tears out of her eyes, "what did you want to tell me?"
"Jill, you're crying, that isn't nothing! What happened?" I demand. She looks away from me and mutters,
"I think I might be pregnant." I stare at her for a few moments expecting her to yell "JUST KIDDING!" but she doesn't.
"How could this happen? Don't you and Mike use a condom?"
"It ripped, and I'm late." I wrap my arm around her shoulders.
"What did Mike say?"
"Well at first he freaked out, and then he calmed down and told me he'd stick by me, no matter what I decided to do with the child, if I chose to have it."
"Consider yourself lucky you have such a dependable boyfriend." I say trying to find the silver lining. She just nods. "Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?"
"No, my mom works at the pharmacy, remember. So even if I go during her lunch hour, her co-workers know me."
"If you want, I'll go in and buy it for you." I say patting her on the shoulder.
"Thank you," she says looking up at me.

We walk to the pharmacy when we know her mom's on her lunch hour and I quickly go in and buy the pregnancy test. We decide to head to my house, because her mom might stop by her house on her lunch hour.
"Says here you have to wait five minutes before the result shows up." I say to Jill from outside the bathroom door. She paces back and forth impatiently as the minutes pass. She looks at her watch and yells.
"Time's up!" she picks up the informative piece of plastic and let's out a huge sigh of relief. "Negative." I hand her the phone.
"Call Mike, he's probably going nuts." She dials the number and waits patiently as the phone rings.

"Hi Mike...guess what, I'm not pregnant." They talk on the phone for another five minutes before she comes up to me.

"Mike said you got pissed at Tre." I nod. "What did he do?"
"Acid" I mumble, "And it wasn't a slip up, he had a bag with two more doses."
"Oh, I'm so sorry," Jill says coming to sit next to me. "So what are you going to do?"
"I'm going to the dance academy." She looks at me and realizes I'm serious. "I leave Thursday night."
"So, that's it then, it's over between you and Tre?" she asks as she becomes aware of the suitcase on my bedroom floor.
I nod and say, "He lied to me. He choose acid over me, I choose dance over him."