Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Epilogue

"Okay Lisea...Mark and I will see you at the theatre in one hour." I hang up the phone as I pick up my plate and put in the sink. The bell rings, so I make my way to the door of my apartment. I look through the peep-hole and see a patch of blond hair and familiar blue eyes.
"Oh my god! Tre is that you?!" I say whipping the door open and embracing him in a hug.
"Yeah, it's me," he says as he hugs me back gently.
"I missed you, it's been too long." I realize we're still standing in the hallway of my apartment building. "Come in, come in. So what brings you to New York?"
"Well we're on tour for our new album, Dookie, I don't know if you heard about it."
"Heard about it? I own a copy of it! I love it!"
Tre laughs. "I also went to see your show yesterday." He says staring at me, "as always you were awesome."
"Thanks, did you come to get your shorts back?" I ask laughing.
"Oh no, keep them, I bought a new pair." He sighs then says, "I was going to talk to you last night after the show but I chickened out. I came to tell that I've been acid-free for six months now, I still smoke pot though."
"That's great Tre, but I can't take you back, I have a boyfriend." I say feeling like the biggest bitch in the world.
"No, no, no, you got it all wrong I never wanted you to take me back," Tre says chuckling to himself, "I came to catch up on old times, to be your friend again. Just to see how you were doing. So you said boyfriend, tell me about him."
"Well his name is Mark Hoppus; he plays bass for a band called Blink 182. His band members are complete assholes by the way." Tre laughs at my comment, "They just released their first album." I ramble a little while longer then look Tre straight in the eye, "What about you?"
"Meh, nothing much, I had one real girlfriend since you left, our relationship lasted a month and now I'm single." He says motioning for me to continue.
"Well Mark, is my second boyfriend since you, it took a year for me to get over you. But enough about that, how's everyone else, I know Jill and Mike broke up a few months ago but what else?"
"Well, Billie just proposed to Adie, Mike got a new girlfriend last month, I haven't heard much from Jill but she's going out with some guy she met at college. And that's about it," he says checking off each piece of information on his fingers.
"Billie and Adrienne are engaged?!"
"Yup, a couple of weeks ago. And they're getting married July something I can't remember. Oh yeah, Bill and Aidee said they want you to come."
"Well tell them I'll be coming for sure, as soon as you give me the correct date." I look at my watch,
"Tre I have to meet Mark and my friend Lisea at the movie theatre now."
"Oh, okay I'll leave," he says heading for the door.
"No wait, Lisea always complains she feels like the third wheel, you could come along and make her feel a little less awkward."
"I would like that," he says smiling.