Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Routine Unfolds

The next morning I spread my arms out and realize I'm alone. I get up and see that I'm still wearing my "show clothes" and I still can't get over how incredibly comfortable Tre's shorts are. I walk out of his room and into the living room.

"Hey B. B., did you sleep well?" Tre asks from the tiny excuse of a kitchen.
"Yeah, these shorts are really comfortable." Tre laughs then says,
"I made you breakfast, Pop Tarts a la Tre." he says passing me a plate with two pop tarts on them. I bite into it and realize he took two strawberry pop tarts and but chocolate spread in between them.
"Interesting combination, quite tasty." I say in a very dignified manor.
"I knew you'd like it." He says in a cheesy voice. Billie Joe walks out of his room.
"Is that pop tarts a la Tre?" he asks happily.
"Why yes it is," Tre says with glee, "But Bianca just ate the last serving."
"Oh yeah, make me look like the bad guy."
"It's okay, I'll eat waffles a la Billie" he says poking his head into the freezer to retrieve a box of frozen waffles. He pops two waffles into the toaster and rummages around the kitchen and brings out the jar of chocolate spread and a box of Lucky Charms. When the waffles are cooked he spreads a thick layer of chocolate spread and covers the chocolate surface in Lucky Charms.
"Tadaa, waffles a la Billie" he says proudly, "would you like some?"
"Maybe just a taste." I say intrigued on how colorful he can make a waffle. He cuts a bite- size piece and forks it over. To be truthful it wasn't half bad.

Mike walks in rubbing his eyes.
"Can you three be any louder this early in the morning?" he asks groaning, "Oh, is it specialty breakfast morning?"
"Yes." Tre says smiling. "Would you like to join us?"
"I would, but I'm going over to Jill's."
"Oh can you give me a lift home then?" I ask hopefully.
"Yeah, no problem."
"What you're leaving?" Tre exclaims dramatically.
"Well I have to go home and shower."
"Shower here! With me!" I laugh at his suggestion.
"Tempting but I need to get a change of clothes..."
"Borrow my clothes, you seem to like them." he insists as he sits on the floor and hugs my leg.
"Half an hour, and I'll come back" I say pulling him off, "that's all just half an hour, can you handle that?"
"I guess" Tre says pouting.
"Well, Juliet, I'm leaving now, so say goodbye to Romeo." Mike says as he pulls on his shoes and grabs his keys.

In the truck I look over at Mike who seems fairly distracted with his driving.
"So what's your specialty breakfast?" I pester.
"Pancakes a la Mike."
"Oh, so your specialty breakfast has more than two steps to it?"
"Indeed, it has several steps. It's basically pancakes with M&M's in it." he says laughing to himself.
"Sound good."
"They are, but I only make them on special occasions, due to the fact it has more than two steps to it."

Mike drops me off at my house. I take my shower, get dressed and beautify myself before leaving to return to the apartment. I take the bus and when I get off I see Tre sitting at the bus stop with his drum sticks drumming on every available surface.
"Hey Frankie." I say sneaking up behind me.
"So you did remember me from elementary school." he says pretending to be upset.
"Awe, don't be like that" I say pinching he's cheek, "You were so cute."
"Were cute? What am I now?" he says still pretending he's upset.
"Dead sexy." Tre laughs and picks me up and carries me up the apartment stairs. He drops me on the couch and I see that Jill is sitting next to me.

"Hey Jill" I says turning my head, "so Mike came back awfully late last night, what could have possibly happened to him?"
"What about you?" she says evilly, "I called your house this morning and you weren't there."
"I slept over"
"Well Mike and I stayed up and watched that TV movie."
"Oh, my god. Doesn't Tre have the most gorgeous ass ever!" Tre says sneaking up behind us, speaking in a girlish voice. "Your girl talk is boring and we want to play you gals a song."
"Okay, but don't you need Mike and Billie" I ask looking at the instruments set up next to the couch.
"Mike, Billie! Get your butts over here so we can play Christie Road!"
"I'm in the bathroom!" Mike yells as Billie walks out of his room mischievously.
"Hello ladies, I umm would like to umm play you a nice little song... It's based on this street right here... If you umm well look out this particular window here... You can umm see the... The Christie cookie factory." Billie says this to Jill and I in a very spastic nerd voice which make us laugh uncontrollably. Mike walks out of the washroom and picks up his bass.
"So let's play." he says looking over at Tre and Billie as they scuttle to their instruments.

Staring out of my window
Watching the cars go rolling by
My friends are gone
I've got nothing to do
So I sit here patiently
Watching the clock tick so slowly
Gotta get away
Or my brains will explode

Give me something to do to kill some time
Take me to that place that I call home
Take away the strains of being lonely
Take me to the tracks at Christie Road

See the hills from afar
Standing on my beat up car
The sun went down and the night fills the sky
Now I feel like me once again
As the train comes rolling in
Smoked my boredom gone
Slapped my brains up so high

Mother stay out of my way of that place we go
We'll always seem to find our way to Christie Road

If there's one thing that I need that makes me feel complete
So I go to Christie Road
It's home...


Jill and I clap and whoot like crazy ladies.
"That was awesome." I say.
"Oh shucks, you're too much." Billie says in a girlie voice.
"She was talking to me Honey-Bunny." Tre says as he squeezes Billie's ass. The five of us spend the day in the apartment. Jill and I end up sleeping over. The next morning we got to have Pancakes a la Mike.