Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Start of Tour

I pull my duffle bag out of my closet and commence to roam around my room to pack my stuff. Tre is lying on my bed watching my every move.
"You know what I realized, you sleep over at my place almost every day, but I've never sleep here."

"That's because I don't think my father would approve." I say tossing a t-shirt into the bag.
"But he approves of you sleeping at my place?"
"I guess he figures I'm sleeping over at Jill's."
"So he has no problem with you having lesbian sex?"
"TRE! I don't have lesbian sex! Besides, he knows I'm heterosexual." Tre shifts his weight as he thinks of more annoying questions to ask.

"When you don't sleep over, don't you get over-whelmed with loneliness that you must come over?"
"Well in case you haven't noticed the only time I don't sleep over is when you're on acid trips, I don't trust you when you're on that stuff." Tre shrugs his shoulders.
"I'm glad you're coming with us, even if it's only for two weeks," he says as he gets up to hug me from behind.
"Yeah, I'm glad I could come along," I say turning around to kiss him. "But if I'm going to come you have to let me pack my stuff."
"Okay," he says pouting. He walks up to my desk and starts looking at photos.

"Is this your mom?"
"Yeah."
"What happened to her?"
"She died."
"Oh." He continues to rummage through my stuff when he comes across my walkman.

"What tape is this?" Tre asks putting the headphones on. All of a sudden a grin whips across his face. "This is our tape! It's 1039 smoothed out slappy hours!" I nod grinning.
"I just can't get enough!" He turns off the walkman and embraces me. "I'll never finish packing with you here." He smiles as he starts kissing my neck. "Tre, do you want me to come or not?"
"Fine!" he says as he slumps back on the bed. "Pack quicker!"
"That's everything," I say zipping up my duffle bag.
"Good!" he says pulling me onto the bed. The front door slams.
"Crap, it's my father," I say under my breath trying to pull away from Tre.
"So?" he says pulling me closer.
"Lemme go," I say finally pulling away.

"We'll drive the truck and you guys take the bookmobile," Mike says pulling Jill a little closer. Tre, Billie and I pile into the bookmobile with all the instruments and duffle bags. Billie is self-proclaimed driver.
"So where are you stopping first?" I ask still not sure where this tour is headed.
"Salt Lake City," Billie says confidently. The drive seems dreary and I end up falling asleep leaning on Tre.

"Wake up" he whispers in my ear. "We're here." I open my eyes to see a bar with a bunch of people lined up outside. I step out of the car and see Jill and Mike park across the street from us. Billie opens up the back of the bookmobile and pulls out his guitar and picks up one of the smaller drums.

"Let's go," Billie says nodding at the rest of us. We all carry the stuff inside the bar and help set up. Tre runs up to the mic and says,
"Testies, testies, one...two...THREE!?" I look up when I hear him say the "three" with such alarm and realize he's grabbing his crotch area.

"What? Did you sprout another one?" I yell to him, he just laughs and nods. The bar filled up with loads of people, but Jill and I managed to keep our spot in front of the stage. After a few songs Billie Joe starts to work the audience, meanwhile Mike is playing a constant riff on his bass and Tre keeps the beat on his drums. Billie starts working the side of the opposite side of where we're standing. I get the sudden idea to flash Tre. I know he saw because he missed a couple of beats and started laughing. After the show the five of us find ourselves sitting at the bar.

"I am SO glad you came along," Tre says smirking pervertedly.
"I know," I say laughing. Mike walks up to me with one arm around Jill and whispers into my ear,
"I saw what you did." Jill starts laughing uncontrollably at this comment. I turn red.
"But how? When I flashed you were concentrating on your riff."
"Peripheral vision darling," he says laughing. Billie comes back to the bar from the washroom.
"So did I miss anything?" The four of us laugh at the fact Billie had no idea what happened when he was working the audience. "What do I have something on my face?"
"No, there's nothing on your face," I say as I attempt to stop laughing.
"Bianca flashed Tre!" Jill yelps and I give her a dirty look. Billie starts laughing hysterically.
"So that's why Tre messed up the drum beat!"
"Yessums, I got distracted," Tre says in an innocent voice.
"Hey, I saw them too and I didn't mess up my bass riff," Mike says mocking Tre.
"So am I the only that didn't see 'em?" Billie says disappointed.
"Hey I'd switch places with you in a second," Jill says slightly disturbed at the topic of conversation. "God knows, I'd rather have not seen them."

"Can we please change the topic of conversation?" I suggest wanting Tre and Billie to stop staring at my chest.
"Fine then," Mike says looking at Jill. "How about you, are you going to flash me?"
"I was going to but it wouldn't be original so the answers no," Jill says laughing at Mike's disappointment.
"How about you guys?" Jill suggests as I nod in agreement. They all look at each other and lift up their shirts. We laugh uncontrollably and I finally manage to say,

"We meant we wanted to see your commando squad not your man-boobs."
"Next time be more specific," Tre says crossing his arms over his chest.
"MAN BOOBS? We're as flat chested as they come!" Mike says apparently upset.
"Awe she didn't mean it," Jill says rubbing Mike's chest.