Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Lonely to Lonely, Phone Me

"It's been two weeks already?" Jill says in slight disbelief as the two of us load up the truck to return to Rodeo.
"Why do you have to leave?" Tre pouts as he wraps his arms around me.
"I've got a whole bunch of dance competitions coming up."
"Oh, but I won't get to see you for like ever!" Tre whines.
"In three weeks you get to come back to Rodeo, and until that time you can do all the acid you want." I say poking at his stomach.
"But we only return to Rodeo for a week before we get shipped off to tour in Europe."
"Hey, let's not think about that. Enjoy being on tour."
"Yeah, I guess" he says miserably. I wrap my hands around his neck and kiss him goodbye. I sit in the driver's seat of Mike's truck and Jill slides in next to me as we drive home.

"What are you wearing?" Tre asks over the phone later that week.
"Nothing at all."
"Really?"
"Nope, I'm wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt."
"Party-pooper." Tre says laughing.
"Jill is going insane without Mike; she keeps talking about how much she loves his nervous habits and all that stuff. It's kind of annoying because I really don't want to know how good a kisser Mike is."
"Well you probably annoy her about how sexy my butt is," Tre says in a mocking tone.
"Maybe," I say slyly
"You miss the way I shake it, don't you," I have no response except pure laughter.

When I finally stop laughing I ask him.
"So how's everyone else?"
"Billie met this girl named Adie and now he's madly in love. He even wrote these songs for her called Minnesota Girl, and 2000 Light Years Away he keeps singing them over and over, it's aggravating the hell out of me! Now he wants to bring her on tour with us, I mean she's real nice and all but he just met her."
"Oh poor you."
"Don't worry, I wrote two songs for you and I'm singing them just as much as he sings Minnesota Girl."
"Really? Can I hear them?" I ask, intrigued by Tre's song writing.
"Nope, you need to see my facial expressions when I sing them, so I'll show them to you when I get back."
"I miss you," I whine.
"I miss you too, acid trips only numb the loneliness for so long." He complains.
"How often are you on these trips?" Tre doesn't answer. "Tre, I asked you a question, how often." A few moments pass and still no response.
"Daily," he squeaks out.
"Jesus Christ! Tre! You need to cut down!"
"I know . . . it's just," Tre stammers not really getting to the point.
"Just cut down okay." I say calmly as I hang up the phone.