Status: Please be patient, you all know what it's like to have writer's block.

Ghost Adventures: Application

Well damn.

Relief came quickly on the heels of leaving the building later that night.

Aaron and Nick had met up with Zak and I in one of the hallways, after a long and terrible moment where the shuffling and footsteps in the pitch black was too much to bear, and we soon realized that it was almost daybreak by the time on Aaron's camera. Zak voted that we all went back to the base.

An hour or so later, we had all of our equipment packed up and were back in the van.

"Hey Mae," Zak said, turning around in the passenger seat to look at me. "Is your back alright?"

"What happened to her back?" Nick asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

I shrugged, shaking my head. "It was nothing, I just got thrown." I smiled up at Zak and then shrugged again. "It's fine right now, though I guess I'll be feeling it like hell later."

"Woah woah woah." Aaron didn't stop looking forward, as he was the one driving, but glanced back at me in his mirror. "You got thrown?"

Truthfully, I didn't understand what was so shocking about it, but I guessed that to someone like me, someone who faced this every day and interacted with spirits every waking moment of my life, it wasn't that surprising as it was to someone like Aaron who only faced it every so often. "Yeah..." I said, blinking.

"By what?" Nick and Aaron both asked at the same time, their eyes going wide. Yeah, they weren't used to this sort of thing. They investigated spirits all of the time but they had never faced something like what I face all the time. I interact with spirits of dead men, women and children, even pets, all the time. I feel them, talk with them, sometimes help them move on. The Ghost Adventures just like to prove that the spirits are there in the first place.

"A little girl..." I sighed, shaking my head. "She was a bitch too."

"I heard that."

The familiar voice made me jump and practically scream, I edged back against Nick, pushing him against the door of the car, avoiding with all of my might the little girl that sat right next to me, her whole being glowing slightly red, though there was an air of innocence around her. "What the fuck?!" I half screamed, practically flattening myself out against Nick to avoid touching the girl.

"What happened?!" Zak's alarm drew my eyes over to him. "What happened Mae?"

"She's here!" I squealed, pointing to the little girl in the seat, sitting so innocently yet leering at me like she knew all of my deepest darkest secrets. "She's right fucking there! She followed me! The little bitch followed me!"

"Now that's not very nice." The little demon girl said, pouting up at me. "I do have a name you know."

"I don't care about your name!" I gasped, clinging to Nick as she moved closer to me. "I just want you out of my life!"

"But you opened up to me!" She said, pouting more than she had last time. "I need a friend and you're the only one here that I can actually see into." She sneered. "I know your feelings for him." She pointed at Zak and I couldn't help but follow my eyes over to his shocked expression. "I know you love him~"

I tore my eyes from Zak back to the little girl, glaring hard at her. "I do not love him!" I shouted, lying through my teeth. It took their registered gasps to realize that I had just said that out loud, obviously lying to myself and the little demon girl, whose giggles were starting to really piss me off.

The silence that followed was nearly deafening.

I just practically admitted to loving Zak Bagans... while I was in a car with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was debating not doing the chapter like this because I wasn't sure what kind of response it would get if she followed them home or not..
Tell me if you like ^__^