Status: Please be patient, you all know what it's like to have writer's block.

Ghost Adventures: Application

GDI

"Aaron, pull over." I said coolly, not looking away from the little demon girl that was sitting across from me. I was not having a good night, and this was not something that I seriously wanted to deal with. I took the chance to glance over at Aaron, never letting the little girl leave even my peripheral vision.

Aaron, thankfully, took the hit and pulled over, not questioning my methods.

I had told her earlier that I was well versed in the arts of exorcism, when she threw me. If she took me seriously or not, I didn't know. When the van was stopped, however, I crawled my way into the back, avoiding kicking Nick on my way. I had taken a messenger bag with me in the case that something spiritually dangerous did happen; it included a couple vials of holy water and a bible, things that I didn't quite believe in, but had to use in the case that I seriously needed them.

After pulling out the holy water and bible, I returned to my seat. "I don't want to do this to someone so young." I said, shaking my head at her. "But you're really pissing me off." I uncapped the holy water, to her dismay, and dashed some across the seat, beginning the chant that I had memorized from when I had the training at my mother's request. It wasn't the normal protocol for women to know the arts of dispelling spirits, as the job only belonged to a priest, but I was a... special case. My chants stayed at a steady pace and every so often I would dash another lien of Holy Water onto the girl, making her image writhe and being to fade away quicker each time.

By the time that she was gone, and she had put up less of a fight than I thought she would have, my energy was nearly drained, and I relaxed, unintentionally falling back against Nick as I capped the bottle of Holy Water so as to not spill it. "I hate demons like her..." I muttered, shaking my head and curling up against Nick's chest. "They're stupid and talk too much..."

I felt Nick laugh softly, before that is, I fell asleep against him.
***
"Don't you ever make her do something like that again!" I woke up to Kas' angry voice in the living room seeping through my bedroom walls. I wondered briefly who she was yelling at, but my questions were answered nearly before I finished asking them.

"It was her decision to make," Zak explained calmly. "While we were investigating she wouldn't let me take the attention of the girl off of her. She was determined to keep this little girl away from me." He sighed, pretty loudly if I could hear it from my bedroom. "I tried to tell her not to, but she did anyway. And when she realized the demon was in the car with us she didn't even tell us, she just screamed and whipped out her holy water and a bible."

"Let me rephrase that then," Kas said, her voice past levels of fury that I had ever heard it like before. "Don't ever let her do something like that again. Ever again!"

"Kas..." I groaned, getting out of bed and stumbling into the living room, ignoring the dizziness that had formed from getting up too fast and not having eaten in what felt like days. I almost wanted to laugh at the sight that I saw, Zak, Nick, and Aaron all lined up on the couch like schoolboys that were in trouble, and Kas with her hands on her hips towering over them.

She looked back at men when I emerged from my room, her expression changing immediately from angry to sympathetic. "I'm sorry," She muttered, more hushed than before. "Did I wake you?"

"Of course," I brushed the issue aside, shaking my head in an attempt to clear it. "But it was my choice, they had nothing to do with what I did last night and I don't want Zak to be at blame at all for anything that I did." She moved to make an argument but I held my hand up to stop her. "Now shut up and stop arguing. We're going to Denny's.*"
♠ ♠ ♠
*I honestly have no idea if there are Denny's restaurants in Chicago, but what the hell, if there aren't any, google it.

Wanted to update before the weekend so I could make a Valentine's chapter~ Hope you enjoy, thanks for all the feedback <3