Status: Please be patient, you all know what it's like to have writer's block.

Ghost Adventures: Application

Chancing lies.

"Alright now make sure you stay, because I might come running back, claiming fear of heights, blah blah blah." I nodded to Kas once, sure I had gone over the instructions for her to wait for the plane to take off over ten times. I'm sure my instructions were getting a little annoying, but that's just the way that I was when it came to plane rides. Had to be there two hours early, had to be in line at the right time, etc. etc, and this time, I was running late due to heavy Chicago traffic.

I hugged her tight once again, and watched as Kas turned and walked back out to the car that resided in the airport parking lot. I had only packed a decent sized pulling suit case and a messenger bag for my carry-on, but I felt weighed down, I wasn't used to carrying all of this. On top of the physical weight that was pushing and pulling on me, there was the obnoxious weight of all the spirits that were still roaming in the airport for no reason.

Go away! I wanted to shout it at them, but the action would lead several hundred people to stare at me with obvious expressions of-

"What the fuck?"

"Oh jeez, I'm sorry dude." I pulled my sunglasses off my face, having been oblivious to my surroundings during my inner spiel. I hadn't noticed the man in front of me stop dead in his tracks, so I may have accidentally run into him. I looked up at his face, it was bearded, and pudgy much like himself. He had what looked like a permanent frown until I saw the slight smile lines that were covered by the beard. He was bald, or maybe that was a shaved head, either way, his dome shined in the reflection of the sun.

I knew instantly who this guy was. "Oh hey, you're Aaron Goodwin aren't you?" I casually flicked my hair behind my ear and scratched the back of my neck, Aaron Goodwin was in Chicago at the moment. That means Zak had to be as well.

Aaron smiled at me and I felt kinda at home with him there, he took the nerves off of me. "Hey, yeah I am, are you a Ghost Adventures fan?"

Right at that moment, I told the biggest lie of my life. "Yeah I am." I smiled at him and nodded. "You're one of my favorite tech dudes. I've been studying film and stuff." Not a total lie there, I'd been studying film for college, after I got out I didn't really do anything with the knowledge, and now I suddenly want to more than anything.

Aaron nodded. "Cool, thanks." He smiled again and scratched the back of his neck like I had earlier, he was about to say something when another question interrupted itself. "Hey, what's your name by the way?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I smiled and held out my hand. "Mae Collins." I said, nodding. "Nice to meet you."

Aaron shook my hand briefly before another voice came into earshot. "Aaron!" It called, and I recognized the deepness of it. "Hey! Did you get everything?" As it came closer, I was afraid to even look at the speaker, I put both my hands in my hoodie pockets, having been released from Aaron's handshake, and hung my head slightly, afraid to look at him.

"Yeah." Aaron said, nodding. He motioned toward the cameras, the equipment, all of their luggage, then his eyes locked on me. "Oh yeah-"

"Hey," Zak interrupted Aaron. "Who's this?"

I saw his hands go in his pockets, a gesture that I had come to know when I was a kid, that he did when he was intrigued with something and not on the job. I trailed my eyes along his arms, up his torso, he'd grown exceptionally well, almost more than I had changed since I was thirteen. When my gaze finally locked onto his, I could tell his mind was churning. Where had he seen my eyes before? Those deep, hazel-golden eyes that almost knew everything? I decided to break the moment. "Hi." I said, holding out my hand and shaking his before I told the second biggest lie of my life, and hoped that Aaron didn't say anything about it. "My name is Anderson, Samantha Anderson."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait and the shitty chapter, though I did get something established with the plot line in this one!