Anything Goes

Chapter One.

“And this is why you don’t trust puppets with deep voices.” Bene stated, trying, but failing to cross her arms.

“I know. And you know that trying to cross your arms while upside down won’t work.” Roxy said knowingly.

“I’m just trying to make my point more dramatic. If the fact that we are hanging upside down from a tree isn‘t obvious enough as it is.”

“I know, know. We‘ve learnt our lesson.”

The girls hung in silence pondering upon the predicament that they found themselves in at the present moment, when Roxy suddenly yelped from being poked in the leg.

“Ow. What was that?”

“And that boys and girls,” a poorly Australian accented boy began, walking carefully to the girls, “is how you cautiously approach the creature that is the teenage girl.”

“Was there really a need for the poke?” Roxy asked turning herself to face the startled flock of wild looking kids.

“It speaks!” one exclaimed pointing dramatically at them both.

“The great Pan has done it again!”

The rest of the kids went into a roar of cheers throwing whatever they were holding into the air.

“Why, I do, I do, I do believe I did!” The boy from before sang, joining in with the celebration.

“Do you think they meant Peter, as in Peter Pan?” Bene whispered to Roxy, who turned her gaze momentarily to the crowd of shouting children.

“I do, I do, I do believe it is!” Roxy sang laughing at Bene’s raised eyebrow. “I couldn’t help it. It was just begging to be done.”

Bene shook her head at Roxy’s grinning face. “Whatever you s-”

A scream erupted from Bene as the rope attaching her to the tree suddenly came undone and sent her hurtling towards the ground.

“Peter! Make it stop! Make it stop!” A little boy shouted, covering his ears from Bene’s high pitched screams. “Even walking the plank would be better than having to endure this!”

“Don’t worry about it Cubby,” Peter chuckled raising from the ground slowly. “Just a little bit of pixie dust will sort this out.”

As Bene came nearer to Peter, he smiled as he blew some pixie dust towards Bene and Roxy. They began to cough slightly as the dust entered bodies and spread quickly through them. A bubbly feeling arose in the girls, as their bodies began to feel lighter and more flamboyant than ever. The rope attached to Roxy released her too, but like Bene she didn’t go hurtling to the ground, she remained floating where she had hung before.

A grin leaped on to Roxy’s face as she flew speeding towards Bene. “WE CAN FLY!”

“We can fly?” Bene asked looking at Roxy puzzled.

“WE CAN FLY!” Roxy exclaimed shooting into the air and twirling.

A smile crept onto Bene’s face as she copied Roxy. “WE CAN FLY!”

Down below, Peter Pan’s face was illumined with a smile as he watched the two girls up in the air flying to their hearts content.

*****

“Who would have thought flying could make you so hungry.” Roxy said before biting into her freshly made peanut and butter sandwich. Bene grunted in agreement as she continued devouring her own.

The girls turned their attentions to Peter as he cleared his thought, a pride filled grin plastered on his face. Unable to contain himself any longer he ripped the cover of something.

“Look and behold!” He exclaimed looking back at the girls expectantly.

“And thats supposed to be...?” Roxy asked.

A huge grin spread across his face as he leaped into the air and shouted. “The Timey Wimey Machine!” The girls exchanged a look, then looked at the overly excited Peter.

“You interrupted my feasting to show us a playground roundabout with a random wardrobe in the middle?” Bene asked.

“You can hardly call that a feast.” Roxy interjected.

Bene shrugged. “Eating anything is a feast to me.”

“Oh Bene. What will we do with you?”

“It’s not just any roundabout,” Peter firmly stated, “It’s a magic roundabout that goes round, and round, and round.” All the while peter was going round in circles around the ‘magic roundabout’.

“You do know that you are the one going around in circles.”

Peter stopped suddenly and looked at Bene with watery eyes. “You’re such a kill joy Bene! I’m going to tell you off to Tink!” he ran into the woods ballowing his eyes out.

Roxy just gawked at Bene. “You just made the Peter Pan cry.”

Bene just shrugged getting up and walking to the ‘Timey Wimey Machine‘. “That’s what you get when you interrupt Bene and her food. You coming?”

Roxy just shook her head following Bene into the Timey Wimey Machine, and what was inside took the girls by surprise. The inside was an exact replica of the Tardis. It was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.

The girls grinned at each other, an idea popping into both of their heads. “Sherlock Holmes!” they exclaimed running in to the middle of the TWM that contained all the controls.

“Now how do you suppose we work this thing?” Roxy asked looking at the numerous buttons and leavers and hammers and what nots flashing up at them.

“That is a good question.” Bene said looking around for some type of manual.

“How about we just say ‘221b Baker street’, and see what happens?” Roxy suggested after their failed attempt of finding one.

“Okay. You say it.”

Roxy rolled her eyes at Bene’s cowardliness. “Fine. Here goes nothing.” She paused a bit, looking unsure about it, before clearing her thought and saying, “221b Baker street.”

A moment of silence followed as the girls waited to see what would happen next.

“Destinaton 221b Baker street.”

The girls yelped at the computer generated voice that answered.

“Please enter year.”

“Do you know what year Sherlock Holmes lived in?”

Bene breathed in some air as if she knew something, but let all out as she simply stated. “No.”

“In that case,” Roxy turned to the screen, “Sherlock Holmes time then.”

“Year, Sherlock Holmes time. In that case, I’d advice you to buckle in. It going to be a bumpy ride!

The girls gripped onto the control table as the TWM began to go round and round.

“Who would have thought,” Roxy smiled shouted over the hum of the machine. “It does actually go round and round.”

*****

“Who goes there?” The police man asked moving closer to the pile of crates stacked by the river. The mist that forever dominated the streets of London didn’t do him justice in seeing the intruders. The fact that it was pitch black didn’t help matters either. “This here is private property. Show yourselves this moment.”

“Now!” Two figures emerged from the pile startling the policeman. They jumped on him like a pair of wild monkeys confining him to the ground.

“Unhand me you fiends!” he said struggling under their grip. “It is against the law to attack a policeman!” the pair just giggled at his attempt to escape. “Stop this I say! This is such savage behaviour!” the pair continued to giggle as they began to undress the unlucky police men.

“I think we went a bit too far.” Bene mused, a grin still on her face

“It was all in good fun. No-one got hurt.” Roxy answered, attempting to pick the lock.

“Could you be a bit quicker? I don’t think I can hold him anymore.”

“Patience isn’t your thing is it?”

“Not really, especially when we are breaking an entry after kidnapping a policeman and stripping him down to his undergarments. I’ve turned into a criminal in less than half an hour.”

Roxy just chuckled at Bene’s little rumble. “It was your idea to take his clothes.”

“But that was only because I wanted his hat…and clothes.”

Roxy shook her head. “Oh Bene, what shall we do with you.”

“Are you done yet?”

“Almost, there, just, gotta-” Bene’s foot kicked the door and sent it flying open. “Now why didn’t you do that in the beginning.” Roxy mused standing up, helping Bene to carry the policeman.

“Never crossed my mind.” Bene shrugged leading the trio, slowly, up the stairs.

“Did we really have to tie him to a chair?” Bene asked playing with the confined policeman’s hat.

“Not really, but it seemed fun.” Roxy grinned trying on the policeman’s cloak. “If I do say so myself, I look quite dashing in this attire.”

“By George, old chap. I must agree with you.”

A body crashing through the window stopped the girls laughing. The person picked themselves up and dusted of the pieces of glass that were clinging to his cloak.

He bent down to pick something off the floor and smiled with glee as he propped it into his mouth. “Still as good as new.” He turned and dropped it again as he saw the scene that played before his eyes.

“By George.” he exclaimed, his eyes wide with shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haza! Its out. =D
Took a while but its here! I hope you enjoyed it XD.
Come back soon for the next instalment!
Over you to you Speedy G!