Anything Goes

Chapter Two.

The two girls looked in awe at the man who had made such a grand entrance. His attire was that of the period yet he carried an air of the bohemian about him, his hair unkempt, stubble ordaining his cheeks. Yet the two girls couldn't take their eyes of him.

Sherlock Holmes had just burst into the window.

"Halloa- what's this?" he asked. The two girls looked at each other and then down at the policeman who was still struggling to remove himself from the chair. The girls looked up at Sherlock, knowing that his brilliant mind would have deduced what had happened in a matter of seconds.

"Let me rephrase the question. What is an indecent policeman tied to my chair and why exactly are you wearing his clothes? For fun?"

"We, uh-" Bene started, unable to think of a decent explanation.

"We wanted his clothes because we liked them," Roxy explained, a little too fast for her to convey a sense of calm.

"Exactly what makes you think that's the kind of thing to do. I assume, as ladies of your stature that this is most irregular of your behaviour. Or am I mistaken?"

"No," Roxy said dejectedly, "but it was just a spur of the moment thought!"

"Ah yes, but that feeling isn't always the best one to choose," he said matter-of-factly, the two girls looked down at their feet in shame. Hardly able to believe that they had embarrassed themselves so much in front of the man they were desperate to meet.

"I believe it would be the best option if you return this man's clothes and allow him to go home," the girl's nodded solemnly and followed the orders of the man. Eventually the police man was set free and he looked at the girls, fuming. It was clear to see that his only wish was to take them to Scotland Yard and give them a good thrashing for what they'd done. Sherlock Holmes noticed this, and appeared to, as an act of kindness, usher the police man on his way. Once he was out the door the houses occupant turned towards the two girls, a look of humour in his eyes.

"It's a wonder how you got him through to this room. How exactly did you get in, if you don't mind my asking, which of course you wouldn't seeing as you so desperately wanted to grasp my attention. Which you now have successfully achieved," he said in a deep persuasive voice, the girls couldn't help but blurt out everything.

"We -well I- used a cleverly defined unlocking device, and as I was placing into it's proper position, this one," she motioned her head towards Bene, "kicked the door open. Simple."

Bene nodded, still stunned into silence.

"For some reason that reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it just yet," he pondered, "why don't you follow me and we can discuss this with Watson."

"Watson? As in Dr. John Watson?"

"Yes, that's his profession. What of it?" The girls just squealed to themselves. Sherlock looked at them disdainfully before turning on his heel, opening the door as he went, but not holding it for the two following him. They were capable enough to open a door themselves, especially if they had broken into his home.

After a short period of time, filled with quickly hushed whispers and the echoing footsteps of the man in front of the duo, they reached an oak door similar to that of Sherlock's. Sherlock turned the handle and opened the door without hesitation. The girls could her a small outcry from the room before they were ushered in by the detective.

"This, young ladies, is Dr. Watson," Sherlock introduced, not knowing the names of the two girls.

"I'm Bene, and this is Roxy," Bene said, somewhat in awe of the man's moustache.

"Now, my dear Watson, I wished to discuss the matter of these two girls," he started. A dull thud ensued and three heads looked around for the source of the noise. They looked at the floor and there, lying motionless, was Roxy. She'd fainted.

"Why Watson, I do believe you have an admirer," the detective concluded before turning back to face his comrade.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's alive!
Bene and I would love your thoughts on this story.
It makes us update faster.
xo