Girl Next Door

Home

Kylie Summers sighed as she parked her car in front of her childhood home. She was returning home for Christmas break. This Christmas was going to be different than the past few. Not only was she returning home, but her two other siblings were as well. Cole, who was twenty eight was coming home with his wife Tori. They were expecting their first child together. Kylie's other brother, Cyrus, who had just turned twenty six and broke up with his girlfriend of four years was also coming home.

Kylie was the baby of the family, twenty three years of age, though she was still treated as if she was three or four. She hadn't lived at home since she was nineteen years old. She was going to school part time, and during the rest of the time she was modeling. A few agencies were showing a lot of interest in her, but she knew not to get her hopes up. The chances of her becoming a decent paid model was very slim. She planned on getting herself a degree in primary education to fall back on. She only had one more semester left.

She stepped out of the car and began walking towards the house where she had grew up. She saw Cole's car already parked in the drive way, so she knew he and Tori were inside. Cyrus would be late, like always. She opened the door, and as soon as she walked in the scent of her mother's famous Apple pie smashed her in the face. She breathed in the smell like it was a drug. She and her brothers had actually got into fist fights on numerous occasions over the pie when she was younger. They didn't take it easy on her, despite her being a girl, so she hardly ever won.

"Is that my baby sister?" Cole said, a goofy grin plastered upon his lips.

She laughed and welcomed her brother into a hug. He reminded her so much of her late father. He had the same facial structure. She and Cyrus took after her mothers side of the family. She hugged Cole, and then walked over and hugged Tori. She was six months, but looked as if she was ready to go into labor at any minute.

Kylie turned around when she heard a loud scream of delight. She smiled as her mother came rushing over and hugged her. She smiled, and placed a kiss on her mother's cheek. She had visited just three weeks ago, so she really didn't see what the big deal was.

"I'm so happy you're here, Ky." Her mother said, "It's just not the same without you kids here."

"Mom, I've been gone for four years. . ."

"I know, but with your father gone now. . . It just isn't the same." Her mother frowned.

She frowned also. Her father had only been gone for two years, leaving her mother all alone in the four bedroom house. She had thought about moving home after he had passed, but she really didn't want to give up her independence. She was a bit of a party animal at that point, and she felt like her mother wouldn't approve of her habits. She had grown out of the partying stage, and became more serious about both school and her modeling career.

"So, I hear you're modeling a bit." Tori said.

"Yeah, some. Nothing big time, but a few little ads here and there." Kylie said.

"I'm not looking forward to going to jail for beating the guys off you once you become a Victoria's Secret angel." Cole winked.

Kylie rolled her eyes, "That will never happen, Cole. I assure you of that."

The door flung open, revealing her brother Cyrus. His dirty blond hair was short and cropped to his head. He was wearing a large camo jacket, and a pair of baggy jeans. He looked as if he had just stepped out of some lame gangster movie rather than the streets of Huntington Beach, California. Cole seemed to notice his apparel as well, he began cracking up.

"Cy, what the fuck are you wearing?"

"Shut up." Cyrus said quickly, "It's all I fucking had clean."

"You're wearing a jacket, and we live in California. . ." Kylie said.

"It's also fucking December, idiot." Cyrus said, and then smirked, "Come here." He said to his little sister pulling her into a bone crushing hug, "I've missed you." He said.

She smiled. She had always been close to Cyrus. He was her bigger brother, but he was also the guy she could always count on for everything.

"So, I think Cyrus has an announcement to make." Rachel, Kylie's mother said.

"What's that?"

"I'm moving back home." He said weakly.

"You're moving back?" Kylie asked.

Cyrus had lived two hours away with his girlfriend. They had broke up weeks ago, so she just assumed he found himself another apartment. He went into explaining how he had been staying with friends and couldn't find him a good apartment. He also said he had got laid off his job at the garage he had been working at. It just so happen that her uncle was best friends with the owner of the garage.

"That's bullshit, man." Cole said.

"I know, but what can I do? Mom needs someone with her anyways."

"Now if only Kylie would move back home." Rachel frowned.

"Mom!" Kylie sighed, "I only live thirty minutes from here."

"And your school is just fifteen minutes away." Rachel reasoned with her, "It would make more sense to come back home."

"But-- I have an apartment."

"Come on, sis." Cyrus said, "Move back in. It'll be like old times. We'll make sure to give mom hell."

She sighed, "I'll think about it."

Brian Haner Jr walked up the steps of his father's home; his childhood home and knocked on the door. It was the seventeenth of December, but he thought he could pay him a visit before Christmas officially got here. The truth behind his visit was he couldn't tolerate Michelle at the moment. He was just annoyed with her constant bitching. She was now bitching because she didn't have enough presents under the Christmas tree. He knew it was something stupid to bitch about, considering there were still some days of shopping left, but she bitched anyways.

As he waited for her father to open the door, he looked over at the neighbors house. It was the Summers residence. He had grew up with Cole Summers, and even befriended his younger brother Cyrus. They had a younger sister, though he couldn't remember her name. He did remember how ugly, over weight, and just plain annoying she was. He remembered her stringy dirty blond hair, and her huge gold framed glasses. Her nose was too big for her face, and her lips were thin. She was short with a squeaky voice. He would tease her all the time through the fence that separated the property. He always told her that Cole and Cyrus got all the good genes while she was stuck with the bad ones. He chuckled, as he remembered how she would always run back into the house bawling her eyes out.

After nearly five minutes of waiting, he realized his father wasn't home. He turned around and began walking down the steps, only to hear a voice from his past.

"Brian Haner?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image