Girl Next Door

Unfair

Kylie sighed as she opened the last box and began unpacking everything away in her old room. It was now the seventh day of January, and she was officially moved back in. She wasn't in a good mood, considering she knew she had lost some of her independence. Why did she even agree to moving back in with her mom? She shook her head as she walked down the stairs and saw Cyrus sitting on the sofa. Cole and Tori had returned back to their home, which was about thirty minutes away. They promised to visit at least once a week, which was a good thing. Kylie had really missed seeing her family so much.

"What are you doing?" She asked, as she took a seat next to Cyrus.

"Waiting for Brian to come over." He said.

"You invited that asshole over?" She asked.

"Kylie." Cyrus said, looking at her like she was the worse person in the world, "I know you don't like him, but give the guy a fucking break. His best friend was just buried yesterday."

"Someone died?" She questioned, feeling sad. Death always made her sad.

"Jimmy Sullivan."

"Tall Jimmy? The one who always hung out next door?"

Cyrus nodded his head. He had also knew Jimmy, but only through Brian. He didn't know him nearly as good as Brian had. Cyrus had lost one of his best friends a couple of years ago due to a motor cross accident, so he what Brian was feeling.

"Is Brian okay?" She asked, knowing how close the two of them were.

"I don't think so." Cyrus said, "It's going to be awhile before he's really okay again. You know, Ky. . . The guy isn't as bad as you think. If you would just give him a chance."

She was just about to open her mouth and say yet another one of her nasty remarks about Brian, but there was a knocking at the door. Cyrus quickly fumbled over and answered it. In walked a man that she knew quite well, but didn't recognize.

Instead of the smirk or smug grin that was usually plastered across his lips, they remained in a straight line. His eyes were coated over in a cloud, and had a red lines around the chocolate circles, not to mention, he had large brown bags which had formed under them. His face was drained of all color. He was too white, sick looking. When he had finally spoke, telling her brother thanks for inviting him over, he sounded different. He sounded like he was in pain.

He followed Cyrus into the living room and sat down quietly. His hands together in his lap. Kylie could tell he was suffering from his loss. She stood up and walked out of the room, giving him and Cyrus some time alone. She walked into the kitchen and decided to prepare a pot of coffee, and some sandwiches. He looked like he hadn't ate in days, and she felt bad for him. She felt bad for even thinking about making another nasty comment about him. This man was in a lot of pain right now, and the last thing he needed was her insulting him.

She could hear his muffled voice talking to Cyrus, it was low and she could hardly understand him. She frowned as she fixed some cold sandwiches. She cut each sandwich up into little triangles, making them easier for serving. She placed them on a large tray, and then walked into the living room. Her blue eyes landed on his, and her heart stopped beating when she saw him. She didn't know why, but she felt so much sympathy for him.

"I made you guys some sandwiches. Anything to drink?"

"Brian?" Cyrus asked his friend.

"I'm fine."

"Dude, drink something, and eat some sandwiches. I promise Ky isn't trying to poison you." Cyrus said, hoping his joke could bring a smile to his friends face.

Brian just slowly shook his head, and frowned. Kylie sighed, and returned back to the kitchen. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to help, but she really didn't know if there was anything she could do.

Brian looked at the sandwiches on the table and shook his head. He hadn't hardly ate since Jimmy's death. Just when Val forced him to eat, and she hadn't been around the past couple of days. His best friend was gone, and could no longer take a bite, so why should he indulge himself in food? He just didn't see a purpose behind life anymore. If someone so amazing as Jimmy could leave at such a young age, then why were assholes like him still around? He just didn't understand how life could be so unfair.

He had made the decision on Michelle. He wasn't going to take her back, he didn't care how lonely or desperate he got. She didn't make him happy, and he wasn't going to sit around and be in a unhappy relationship. Jimmy had always told him that he should just say fuck it and move on. That's exactly what he was doing. He was listening to his best friends advice.

"She's being nice today." Brian mumbled, looking over at Cyrus.

"I think you have her worried." Cyrus admitted.

"Why would she worry over me?" Brian asked.

"We're all worried, Bri." Cyrus said, "Jimmy's death is really taking a toll on you."

"He was my best friend." Brian interrupted.

"I know that, and he will always be your best friend, but this isn't going to bring him back, Brian. You're only killing yourself. You haven't ate, slept, or even as much as spoke much since he passed. You can't dwell on it forever, man. You've got to move on, Jimmy wouldn't want you moping around like this."

"It's just. . . I never imagined living in a world where Jimmy didn't exist." Brian said, nearly on the verge of tears. He missed his friend more than anything, and he honestly didn't know how he was going to go on without him.

"I know, man. But really think about him right now. Would he want you feeling like this?"

Brian shook his head, "No." He said.

"Then why are you going against his wishes?"

He chuckled softly more to himself than to anyone else. He thought about his friend. Jimmy would always be with him in spirit. He was also determined to keep Jimmy's spirit alive. He wasn't going to allow anyone to forget about him.

Brian raised up, and picked a sandwich up from the tray. He half smiled at Cyrus and then began walking away.

"Where are you going?" Cyrus asked.

"I'm going to go thank Kylie for the sandwiches." He replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Jimmy foREVer <3