Girl Next Door

Stereotyped

Brian smirked as he watched the car pull out of the drive way. Kylie was already walking towards his truck. He climbed inside, and started it up. Metal music began blasting through the speakers. He waited for her to reach over and turn it down or off, but she did no such thing. He was actually surprised when she began signing along to the lyrics. He looked over at her and chuckled. She looked back at him and burrowed her eyebrows together.

"What?" She questioned.

"Just surprised you know this kind of music."

She laughed, "What do you expect me to listen to?"

"I don't know. . . I was guessing either pop or rap."

She rolled her eyes, "You stereotyped me."

"Yeah, I guess so. So, whose your favorite band?" He asked.

"HIM." She said without hesitation, "Ville Valo has like the smoothest vocals ever."

He nodded his head, but didn't make a comment. They were almost to his house. He realized that since Kylie had got home, he had been starting to feel better. He was still having a bad day, but she was making his spirits a bit higher.

"You wanna walk inside?" He asked, as he placed the car in park.

"Sure." She replied.

They walked inside his house, and Brian let her know that he would be back in a few minutes. He was just going up to his bedroom to find his swimming trunks. While Brian was upstairs, Kylie walked over and began looking at some of the pictures on his entertainment center. He had tons of him with his family. She smiled upon seeing how much he looked like his father, especially in the eyes. You could always tell a true Haner man by those beautiful brown eyes. She then moved down the line and saw a lot of pictures of him with his band. She frowned upon seeing one of Jimmy. She knew it was probably recent due to how different he looked from last time she had actually saw him in person.

She felt horrible for Brian. He was so empty now that Jimmy was gone. She could really see a change in him. She knew he would probably always be like that. He'll never fully heal from this experience. It will always be with him since Jimmy was such a huge part of his life.

"Hey, uhm. I'm ready." He said, seeing her look at the pictures.

She turned around and half smiled, "I was just looking at your pictures."

He nodded his head, and walked over and swallowed hard as he looked up at them himself. He saw his best friend looking back at him and he felt his heart tighten. He suddenly didn't feel like going to the beach. He didn't feel like doing anything anymore.

"I actually think I'm going to cancel on the whole going to the beach thing. . . I'll drive you there and even come back and get you if you don't have a ride, but I don't think I wanna go."

She noticed that his facial expression changed when his eyes landed on Jimmy.

"Brian, are you okay?"

"I'll never be okay." He muttered.

"You will be, it'll just take time."

"No, I won't be." He shook his head, "You ready?" He asked, changing the subject.

"I don't think I'm going to go either."

"So, you want me to just drive you back to your place?" He asked.

She shook her head, "No, I'm going to stay here with you."

"What?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I'm going to keep you company."

"Kylie. . . I think I should really just be alone today."

She shook her head, "Being alone isn't good. Come on, I'm not that bad, Brian. You're hurting my feelings by basically telling me you don't want to hang out."

Brian sighed. The last thing he wanted was for Kylie to feel like he didn't want to hang out with her. He really did want to. He wanted to get to know her better, but he didn't know if today was the best day for that.

"What are we going to do?" He asked.

"It's up to you." She said, "I'll text Cyrus and let him know we're not coming."

Brian looked down at the trunks in his hand and decided that since she was already in her swimming suit, and he had fought through the avalanche in his closet for his trunks that they might as well go swimming. He was lucky enough to have his own pool.

"How about we go swimming?"

"I thought you didn't wanna go to the beach." She stated.

"I have a pool out back." He said.

She smiled, "Sounds good to me."

Brian nodded his head softly, and then swallowed hard. He was going to be spending the day with Kylie. This was the last thing he expected when he had went over to see Cyrus earlier today.

"Well, I'm gonna step into the bathroom and change. I'll be right back." He said, and then walked out of her view.

Kylie breathed in deeply. She really hoped she could take Brian's mind off things. She felt really bad for him. He was struggling with this, and she could see the toll it was taking on him. She just hoped she could help him have a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image