Girl Next Door

Despise

Brian peeked over the fence and saw Cole standing there puffing away on a cigarette. He hadn't seen him in a long time. Cole had came out to see a few of his shows awhile back, but with his life going in a different direction than Brian's, he hardly saw him anymore. He smiled as he walked through the gate that linked the two properties. He was soon standing in the neighbors yard, hugging his friend he hadn't saw much of in the past couple of years.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Brian laughed.

His father had told him Cole had married and moved about two hours north. He didn't expect to see him around anytime soon, though he was glad he did. It was good seeing old friends.

"We came back for Christmas. We hadn't had a real one since before dad died. So Cyrus, Kylie and I, along with my wife Tori came back home to spend about two weeks with mom. Cy is moving back for good though."

"Really?" Brian asked kind of shocked, "That's cool though man. At least someone will be in the area again."

"Yeah, so how are you?" Cole asked.

"I've been good." Brian said, "Just busy and such."

"You're band is doing amazing. Congrats on that, man." Cole said.

"Thanks." Brian said.

Brian and Cole chatted for a bit more, just catching up on little things that may have missed out of each others lives. In the middle of their conversation, Cyrus came out and joined in. Brian was pumped that Cyrus was moving back to Huntington Beach. He loved hanging out with him when he was younger, so he was hoping they could hang out again.

"So, mom's having the big Christmas Eve party this year. It'll be the first one since Dad's passed." Cyrus said, "You should come. Your dad is coming by. Bring a date, and possibly one for me as well."

"That's next Friday, right?" Brian said.

"Yeah." Cole replied.

"I'll try to make it. But I better get going. It was good to see you guys again."

Brian began walking over to his truck. He heard the door to the house open up, and he could hear a female talking from behind him, but he ignored her. As he climbed inside his truck he glanced over and saw a beautiful blond talking to Cyrus and Cole. He assumed she was Cole's wife.

"Lucky bastard." He smirked, as he pulled out of the drive way.

Kylie watched as her brother's waved goodbye to someone in a black truck. He was pulling out of the drive way next to theirs, which was the Haner's residence.

"Who was that?" Kylie asked.

"Brian Haner."

"Senior or Junior?" She questioned.

Cyrus laughed, "Junior."

She rolled her eyes and made a disgusting face, "That is my que to walk inside the house then. I hate that asshole."

"Oh come on, Ky." Cole said, walking in behind her, "He wasn't that bad. . ."

Kylie turned around and glared at her brother, "He gave me hell growing up. He was horrible to me! He teased me for being fat, and wearing glasses. Hell! He even teased me for not getting kissed until I was sixteen. He was the biggest asshole ever, and he still is. I will forever despise him!" She spat, before walking into the kitchen.

Cole and Cyrus exchanged looks and then laughed. They had helped Brian tease Kylie when she was younger, but her brother's weren't oblivious. They knew how much their sister had changed over the years, especially physically. If Brian attended the Christmas party and saw her, then they both knew his eyes would practically pop out of his head.

"So, have you thought about moving back?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know, mom. . . I have my own apartment and you know how hard they are to find in Cali. . ."

"But it would save you some money. I promise, I'm not going to lay a bunch of unnecessary rules down on you and Cyrus. Both of you are adults and fully capable of making your own decisions. It would just be nice to see you kids more often." She said.

"You promise I won't have a curfew?" Kylie asked.

"Promise."

"And you won't complain about how messy my room may be, or how I may sleep in until noon on my days off?"

"I'll not even go in your room, and I'll even let you sleep in all day if that's what you want!" Her mother said.

She sighed, "Okay." She said faintly.

"Okay?" Her mother asked.

Kylie nodded, "Okay."

Her mother placed her arms around her daughter and began literally jumping up and down. She was so ecstatic to have both her daughter and son moving back in. She had missed the excitement that the kids brought along with them.

"When are you moving in?" Rachel asked.

Kylie giggled, "I guess at the end of the month."

"Okay!" Rachel squealed, "I am so excited. This is going to be perfect. You and Cyrus living at home again, and the Christmas party. Everything is just coming together again."

"Yeah. . ." Kylie said with a light sigh, "Speaking of the Christmas party, mom. Who all are you inviting?"

"Oh, the invitations have already been sent out. Everyone that used to come!"

Kylie groaned out knowing that there might be a slight chance that Brian would be coming. She really didn't want to see him. He would probably just tease her about her appearance again. She had such bad confidence growing up because of him.

Who was she kidding? He was some conceited rock star now. He would never make time to come to a Christmas party with normal Joe's from his youth. She didn't have anything to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
My friend Jena and I have this new Matt Sanders story. :D Check it out!
Learning To Fly