Girl Next Door

Cliche

Kylie walked inside the house early the next morning. Her eyes red, sore, and puffy from all the crying she had done. She had got called early this morning and her agent said she needed to come in for a photo shoot later today, but she told him she couldn't. He said if she didn't make it, then there may be consequences to pay. At this point, she really didn't care if she got fired or not. Modeling wasn't where her heart was. She had only done it because it came easy to her and it paid good. Her heart was with kids. Walking into her bedroom, she tossed her purse and over night bag down on the carpet and then walked over to her bed and collapsed. She sighed softly, and buried her face into the soft pillow, breathing in the scent of her favorite perfume that lingered across the fabric.

She knew she couldn't hide away from reality forever. Sooner or later she would have to face Brian. Or maybe he got the hint that she didn't want anything to do with him? She had turned her cell phone off last night, and still not turned it back on. She was debating on just tossing it out the window. She didn't need to talk to anyone, especially Brian.

She rolled over on her back and grumbled to herself as she looked up at the ceiling. Who the hell had she been kidding? What made her think this relationship between the two of them could work? Why didn't she realize how cliche it was? She was the typical girl next door who grew up and caught the attention of her former bully. Most of the time that story ended up a happy ended, but this one wasn't going to. How could it when the guy was the biggest asshole in the world? She sighed softly, and then brought a hand up and ran it through her blond hair.

Flashbacks from the day before played in front of her eyes. The woman looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn't place her. Brian had a look of shock on his face, and when he was screaming after her there was something in his voice that she didn't quite understand. It was panic and fear. She groaned, and then rolled back over on her side. She really didn't want to think about him. He didn't deserve for her to spend her time thinking about him. He was just another pathetic rock star who couldn't stay faithful to their girlfriend.

Brian looked into the mirror and cringed when he saw his eye. Kylie had done an impressive job on it. It was slightly swollen, brown, black, and blue. He shook his head, as he walked out of the bathroom and back over to his bed. He sat down and picked up his cell phone and checked to make sure he hadn't missed any calls. He frowned when he saw one from Zacky but no one else. He ran a hand through his dirty hair as he dropped the phone to the ground.

"Fuck!" He screamed, as he laid back on the bed.

He really didn't know what he was suppose to do. He knew he needed to prove to Kylie that he didn't cheat on her. But how was he suppose to do that? Michelle had made it look so convincing. He raised up quickly as the sounds of Metallica filled the room. He looked down at the black carpet and saw the phone blinking, and shaking. He quickly got down on the floor, and picked it up. Even though it wasn't her ring tone, he was praying it was possibly her home phone. He swallowed hard when he saw it was Cole calling. He closed his eyes knowing Kylie had already went to her brother. He was fucked.

He knew he couldn't avoid Cole and Cyrus forever. He just hoped they would listen to him. He groaned, as he brought the ringing device up to his ear and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Brian, hey." Cole said cheery, and Brian knew he hadn't received the news yet. "What are you doing, man?"

"Nothing." Brian said. "What about you?"

"Just driving into town." Cole said. "I'm going to surprise mom and take her out to lunch. Tori's visiting her parents in Nevada this week, so I'll probably stay home a couple of nights. You wanna hang?" Cole asked.

"I. . . Cole, listen. . ." Brian said, not knowing how to break this to him.

"What did you do, Haner?" Cole said, his attitude changing.

"It was a mistake, and I didn't do anything." Brian said. "It's a huge misunderstanding."

"What happened?" Cole asked, with a frustrated groan.

Brian sighed, and then explained in detail what happened. Cole cursed once he finished the story and then groaned loudly.

"I fucking told you not to hurt her Brian!" Cole finally yelled.

"I didn't fucking do anything, Cole!" Brian spat. "I fucking swear to you I didn't do anything. I was planning to tell her I loved her!" He admitted.

"Whoa." Cole said. "You were gonna tell Kylie you loved her?"

"Yes." Brian sighed.

"Isn't that a bit fucking quick?" Cole seethed.

"I don't care." Brian grumbled. "I love her."

"You fucked up by letting Michelle in your god damn house."

"I fucking know that!" Brian yelled. "Kylie won't even answer my calls." He said softly.

"Can you blame her?" Cole spat. "She's probably fucking bawling her eyes out." He could tell Cole was angry due to the amount of cursing he was doing.

"I doubt it." Brian muttered. "Did you know she packs one hell of a punch?"

"She punched you?" Cole laughed.

"Yeah. I have a black eye. She was pretty pissed."

"That's Kylie for you. I still get to break your jaw, Haner."

"Cole, you've got to help me, and then I'll let you break my jaw."

"I don't want to get involved." Cole sighed. "She's my sister, and your my friend. I love her, and sadly, I give a fuck about you too." He groaned. "I'm pulling in to the house right now though. Her car is the only one home, so I'll see if she'll talk to me. I'll call you later."

"Alright." Brian nodded.

Brian hung up the phone and prayed Cole could talk some sense into her. If Cole couldn't make her talk to him, then he really didn't know what he was going to do. He knew Kylie well enough to know that she wasn't your typical girl. An apology and flowers weren't going to make her forgive you.

Usually he would just give up. He wouldn't put this much effort into a relationship, especially if a girl hit him. But Kylie wasn't a typical girl. She was someone special to him. He cared about her more than he had ever cared about any woman in his life.

His white furry companion came bouncing in the room and climbed into his lap. He ran his hand through her soft fur and sighed.

"I fucked up, Pink." He told the dog. "I fucked up pretty damn bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image