Girl Next Door

First Day In The Studio

Kylie walked into the bedroom and watched as Brian pulled the shirt over his head. She knew today was going to be a hard day, and she was hoping she could help him get through it. It was the first day the guys were going to be in the studio since Jimmy's death. She breathed in softly, as he turned around and flashed her a soft grin. She knew he had been thinking about his friend. He had been up most of the night. She had caught him looking at old photographs of the band from the early years of touring.

"You ready to go, baby?" She asked, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around him.

"I suppose. Pink's coming along, right?"

She giggled. "Of course."

"Both of my girls there." He smiled. "I guess I'll be okay."

She leaned up and pressed her lips against his. Brian sighed softly in the kiss and wrapped his arms around her, allowing them to rest on the small of her back. She smiled as she pulled away from his lips and then laid her head against her chest.

"I love you." She murmured softly.

"Love you too, babe."

Kylie giggled as she watched Brian pick up Pinkly and began making his way towards the studio. She followed in behind him. He opened the door for her and she smiled as the two of them made their way down into the room where the guys would be working. Kylie flashed Gena a big smile when she saw her friend sitting by Zacky and an older male.

"Kylie!" Gena nearly screamed rushing over.

Kylie hugged the blond and then began talking to her about everything that had been happening. Gena brought up how sad Brian was when Kylie left, and she felt guilty all over again. How could she have been so stupid? He was innocent, and she had jumped to conclusions and gave him a black eye. She felt like the worse girlfriend in the world, and was so thankful he had cared enough about her to force her to listen.

"How is Zacky doing?" Kylie asked.

"He's holding in there. Brian okay?"

Kylie shrugged. "He was up most of the night, but I suppose he'll be okay."

"Mike's a really nice guy. Zacky and I have been talking to him most of the morning."

Kylie nodded her head and walked over to join Brian, Mike, and Zacky. Brian introduced Kylie to Mike and she smiled as she shook his hand. Brian wrapped his arms around her as he placed Pinkly down on the floor and let her run free.

"So, we're going to do drum tracks first?" Mike asked.

"Yeah." Zacky nodded. "Matt's talking to Larry about some things in another room. He'll be here in a bit."

"Where is short shit?" Brian asked.

"He and Lacey are stuck in traffic. There's a wreck or something."

Matt came into the room and looked like he hadn't sleep in a couple of days. Kylie knew he was probably suffering just like Brian was. She flashed him a soft smile, as he joined the group. They arranged for Mike to start recording today. The guys wouldn't actually start until the drum tracks were finished.

Kylie looked over and noticed Brian's eyes were on the wall. His face was emotionless and he continued staring. She bit down on her bottom lip as she ran her hand up and down his back in a soothing manner. It seemed to snap him out of his daze. He looked over at her and smiled softly.

"You okay?" She asked softly.

"It's just so fucking different without him here." Brian told her, before sighing. "I miss the hell out of him."

"I know you do baby, but he would want you here." Kylie said. "He would want you to go on with your life."

"I know he would." Brian sighed, as he turned to look at her. "He would have loved you."

She smiled. "I'm sure I would have been crazy about him as well."

"Did you ever meet him?"

"I'm not sure. I remember him." She said. "But I'm not sure if we officially met, or I just saw him through the fence." She said.

Brian laughed softly. "I think he used to give me insults to use on you."

"Well, that was nice of him." Kylie joked.

Brian smiled as he leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek. Kylie had made life so much more easier. He didn't know if he would be strong enough to actually be able to record the album if it wasn't for her.

"Dude, short shit still hasn't arrived." Zacky muttered.

"I just called him." Val said sitting down beside them. "He said the wreck was awful. One person is dead. They aren't sure when the road will be clear."

"Fuck, that's horrible." Brian frowned.

About the time he finished his sentence Kylie's phone began going off. She burrowed her brows together as she quickly brought it out of her pocket and saw her mother's name on the screen. She burrowed her brows as she brought the phone up to her ear and answered it. She didn't know what her mom could want right now. She had talked to her just yesterday and told her she would be in the studio with Brian all day.

"Mom?"

"Kylie!" Her mom nearly screamed.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Kylie asked, knowing something was wrong by her loud distressed voice.

"It's Co-Col-Cole." Rachel managed to mumble out. "He and Tori were on their way for a visit and. . ."

"And what mom?" Kylie asked. "What's wrong?"

"They were in a. . . car accident." Rachel said, breaking down on the other end of the phone.

Kylie dropped the phone as she remembered what Val had just told her minutes ago. Someone had died in the car accident. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
Image