Girl Next Door

Don't Leave Me

Kylie rushed down the halls of the hospital as quickly as her legs could carry her. Brian was running behind her trying to keep up, though she was way ahead of him. She reached the nurses station and couldn't even speak. Tears were flowing down her cheeks, and words couldn't escape her mouth. Lucky for her Cyrus was in the hallway.

"Kylie!"

She turned to look and saw her brother standing there and walked into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. She bawled her eyes out as she buried her face in his shoulder. She still didn't know what was going on, but she was scared to death that she had lost her brother, his wife, or her niece.

Cyrus looked at Brian and shook his head and mouthed 'Tori' to him. Brian sighed, and ran his hand through his hair, knowing what Cyrus meant. Tori was the one that died in the accident.

Kylie removed herself from Cyrus and then looked up into his eyes. "Is Cole okay?" She whispered.

"Cole's in a coma, Ky. . ."

"He's alive?" She whispered.

"Yeah. He's alive." Cyrus nodded, nearly on the verge of tears himself.

"Tori!" Kylie screamed, realizing what it meant if Cole was alive.

Cyrus grabbed her again and hugged her tightly as she sobbed into her brothers shirt. Brian didn't know what to say or do. He wanted to comfort his girlfriend, but he was at a complete loss of words.

"She lost the baby, didn't she?" Kylie mumbled, into Cyrus' shirt.

"Yeah, she lost her." Cyrus said, allowing some tears to escape his eyes as he thought about his niece.

Kylie continued to bawl loudly, and Brian sighed as he walked forward and placed his arms around her. She shifted from Cyrus' arms to his. He held her close to him and allowed her to sob into his shirt. He felt so bad for her. He felt bad for her entire family. Cyrus sighed softly, as he ran a hand through his short dirty blond hair.

"Mom's in with Cole right now. They don't know when he'll wake up."

"I wann-wanna see him." Kylie managed to say, pulling away from Brian.

"He's bad, Ky. I don't think you should."

"I want to." She glared, with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Come on then." Cyrus said.

Only family were allowed inside the room, but Cyrus was a smooth talker and made it look like Brian and Kylie were married. Brian walked in behind Kylie and his mouth dropped upon seeing one of his best friends in the hospital bed.

Kylie rushed to Cole's side and hugged his unconscious body. Rachel frowned as she saw her daughter this way.

"He's gonna be okay, Ky." Rachel said, trying to sooth her daughter.

"I love you so much Col." She whispered to her brother. "So so much, please don't leave me."

After she calmed down, Brian managed to get her to sit on his lap as he sat in one of the chairs in Cole's room. He couldn't even recognize his best friend as he looked over at him. His leg was in a cast, and elevated. One of his arms was bandaged up, while the other had scratches all over it. His face was busted up, and swollen. He didn't even look like himself.

"What's going to happen about Tor?" Cyrus asked his mom softly.

"Her parents are going to arrange the funeral since Cole's. . ." Rachel didn't know what to say. "They want to see if Cole will wake up first though. So, they are giving it a few days."

Kylie whimpered as she moved her face into Brian's neck and cried some more. She couldn't believe her sister-in-law, and unborn niece were now gone. Tori was over seven months at the time of the wreck, but doctors had explained that the impact of the crash killed both her and the baby on contact. The only thing that saved Cole's life was the airbag.

"What happened?" Brian asked, hoping he wouldn't upset Kylie.

"The cops explained that the male who hit them had just got off working over time on a night shift, and fell asleep at the wheel." Rachel explained softly.

Rachel was completely broken on the inside but she knew she had to remain strong for her children. Not only for Kylie, but for Cole when he woke up. He had lost his wife and daughter in the accident, and nearly himself.

"He has no clue." Kylie mumbled. "He's gonna wake up, and realize they are gone. . ."

Brian ran his hands up and down her back trying to soothe her. "Baby, everything is going to be okay."

"How do you know?" She mumbled.

"Because, I just do." He replied.

He thought back to Jimmy. He knew Kylie was probably feeling some of the same things he felt. He wrapped his arms tighter around her and kissed her on the top of the head. He was going to be there for her, and help her through this; just as she has helped him.

Hours passed and Cole's condition didn't improve. Tori's family had arrived and both her parents were hysterical. Rachel was trying her best to keep everyone calm and collected, but she couldn't hide her feelings anymore. She ended up breaking down as well. Cyrus and Brian were the only two who could keep the composure.

"You need to take Ky home." Cyrus told him. "She needs rest. I'll handle mom. Tori's folks have some other family here now."

"She's not going to go." Brian sighed, knowing Kylie wouldn't leave Cole's side right now.

"I'll talk to her."

Brian followed behind him and listened as Cyrus told Kylie she needed to get home and get some rest. She told him no several times, but he finally convinced her that she didn't need to be here at the moment. He also promised to call if the slightest thing changed in Cole's condition.

"You okay baby?" Brian asked, as he shut the door to the house.

Kylie shook her head and walked up the stairs. He followed behind her, and watched as she stripped out of her clothes and climbed under the bed. He sighed softly, as he walked over and kissed her on the forehead. "I'll be right back." He whispered, as he walked out of the room. He wanted to call one of the guys and let them know what happened, and also to tell him he may not be in the studio for a couple of days.

Once he filled Zacky in on what happened, he returned to the bedroom and crawled under the covers with her. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him.

"Baby, I know it's hard right now, but things will get better." He whispered, knowing from experience that they would.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(

Image