Girl Next Door

Blood Shot

Brian frowned when he walked inside the bedroom and saw Kylie under the covers looking blankly at the wall. Her eyes were blood shot, puffy, and swollen from all the amount of crying she had done over the past two days. Cole was still in a coma, and doctor's didn't know when. . . if he would wake up. Brian sighed, as he walked over and climbed in the bed beside her.

"Baby, you need to get out of bed and go shower. We can go to the hospital."

She didn't say anything. She just looked over at him, her blue eyes once again glossed over with tears. She reminded him so much of himself when Jimmy had passed. She hadn't ate, hadn't slept, and just cried and mourned for the past two days. He wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his chest. He ran his hands up and down her back.

"I love you, Kylie."

"Love you too." He heard her mumble into his shirt.

"Will you please go take a shower. I'll go fix some food, and then we can go see Cole."

"He's never going to wake up, is he?" Kylie muttered.

"He will." Brian nodded. "Things just take time, baby."

"He lost his wife and little girl." Kylie sighed, moving away from Brian. "I can't even imagine how he'll feel when he wakes up." She whispered.

"We'll be here for him, baby. Come on, please just go get a shower and let me fix you something to eat. We don't have to go to the hospital if you don't want."

"I want to." She replied softly. "I'm sorry for acting this way." She told him. "It's just hard. . ."

"Baby, I know and you don't need to apologize." He said, leaning over and kissing her softly on the cheek. "I love you so much."

Brian walked downstairs after helping Kylie into the shower. She was so weak from not eating for two days. He sighed as he walked into the kitchen and tried to think of something quick he could fix for her. He found a frozen pizza and smiled remembering the time they had watched movies and she had fixed a pizza for them. He chuckled grabbing a pan and placing the pizza on it. This time he had cheese and other ingredients to add.

Once he closed the stove door the phone began ringing. He made his way over to it and picked it up. He was praying it was good news from someone at the hospital, but it turned out to be just Matt checking on him and Kylie.

"How is she?"

"I got her out of the bed." Brian sighed. "She's showering right now. I'm gonna make her eat, and then try to get her to the hospital. How is recording going?"

"Mike's got a couple of songs finished." Matt explained. "But don't worry about that, just take your time Bri. Kylie needs you."

"Yeah." Brian said raking his hand through his hair. "Man, since December, it's been the best and worse times of my life all rolled into one."

"I know." Matt spoke. "But you have to look at the bright side. You have a girl who you love more than anything, Bri. Times are going to get hard, but you've got to look forward and move on."

"Yeah." Brian said, hearing Kylie come down the stairs. "I'll talk to you soon Matt."

"Bye."

He hung up the phone just as Kylie was coming into the room. He smiled as he saw her dressed in a pair of jeans and one of his shirts. It swallowed her, but she looked so adorable. Her hair was hanging down wet, and her face was vacant of make up, but the shower seemed to do her good.

"You look great." He murmured, walking closer to her.

"I feel like shit." She sighed, wrapping her arms around him.

"When you get some food in your body you may not. You wanna go to the hospital today?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "What are you doing about the studio?" She asked, knowing he was suppose to be there this week.

"I'm staying with you, Ky." He told her, pressing his lips against her forehead. "They are just recording Mike's drum tracks anyway. They don't need me."

"But Bri--"

"I want to be with you, okay?"

She smiled softly and nodded her head, as Brian walked over and checked on the pizza. She breathed in the delicious scent and smiled as she walked over and sat down in one of the chairs by the table.

"That smells good." She replied.

"Of course it does." He smirked. "I made it. Would you expect anything less?"

She giggled softly. "I love you, Bri."

"Love you more." He smiled from across the room.

The phone began ringing once again, and this time it was for Kylie. Rachel was on the other end explaining that Tori's parents wanted to go forward with the funeral. Since the doctor couldn't tell them when Cole would wake up, it was just pointless for them to sit around and not do anything.

"They can't do that, Mommy." Kylie whined. "He's not awake. . ."

"It's their choice." Rachel sighed. "Let's just try to support them. They're going through just as much as we are."

Kylie sighed. "Okay." She mumbled, and then hung up the phone.

"What was that about?" Brian asked.

She frowned. "They are gonna have Tori and the baby's first day of services tomorrow."

"Oh." Brian frowned.

He knew how Kylie felt about that. She didn't want Cole to wake up and for his wife and little girl to be buried six feet under.

"It'll be okay baby." Brian said walking over and wrapping his arms around her. "I'm here for you, alright?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image