Girl Next Door

Karma

Kylie was in her room changing into something more comfortable. She knew they would be putting up decorations tonight, and she honestly didn't feel like wearing tight jeans to do that. She slowly pulled the pair of Victoria Secret lounge pants up over her legs and then changed from her blouse into a black wife beater. She walked over to her small dresser and picked up a hair tie. She began making mental notes on some of the furniture she desperately needed to get rid of when she moved back in. It just wasn't her taste anymore.

Once her hair was up in a messy bun, she walked out of her room and began down the stairs. As she got about half way down, she began hearing a clutter of voices. She smirked as she pictured both of her brothers talking loudly in the kitchen. It was a good feeling to see them again. She had forgot how important family was.

She turned around the corner, and into the kitchen. First she only saw two male figures standing there, but out of the corner of her eye she saw another. She turned to slowly face the male, and her mouth dropped open upon seeing Brian Haner standing in the kitchen. She crossed her arms over her chest quickly, and then turned her attention away from him. She wasn't even going to give him the benefit of acknowledging him.

"Kylie!" Cole grinned, "Just the girl we're looking for."

"You were looking for me?" She asked.

"Yeah. . ." Cole answered, and then she watched as his eyes flashed over to Brian for a quick glance, and then back to her, "You remember Brian, right?" He asked her.

She cocked an eyebrow, and glared at her brother, "Of course." She said, looking towards him, "He's the asshole who lived next door, right?"

Brian wasn't one to normally become speechless upon hearing someone say something negative about him. He usually laughed at their remarks, but he couldn't even laugh. He starred deeply into the blue orbs of the most beautiful woman he had ever encountered in his twenty eight years. He licked over his lips, and opened his mouth to say something. No words came out. He slammed it shut, and watched as she rolled those beautiful baby blues to the back of her head, and then exited the room.

"And that was the lovely Kylie Summers, ladies and gentlemen." Cyrus chuckled.

Still unable to say anything, Brian just shook his head. How was that even possible? How did she go from this ugly over weight kid to the most beautiful woman in the world? He swallowed hard, and he shook his head. He suddenly felt like the biggest asshole in the world.

"I can't believe it." He muttered, "What. . . When. . . How. . ." He couldn't form a sentence.

Cole laughed, "I told you man. She grew up."

"That's not growing up." Brian said shaking his head, "That's just. . . flat out. . . getting fucking hot."

"Hey!" Cole snapped, "Don't even go there. That's my little sister you're talking about."

"Oh, shut up." Cyrus groaned, "You would probably be saying the same thing if you weren't related to her."

Cole turned to Cyrus, disturbed with his brother's comment, "That's disgusting." Cole said.

"I can't deny that our little sister is a looker, man." Cyrus said, "You can't deny it either. That's why you're so protective of her." He laughed, "I don't remember you getting all snappy with Bri when she was younger."

"That was different." Cole said, leaning against the counter.

"Really?" Cyrus asked, "How so?"

The two brothers continued to argue, but Brian blocked them out. He still couldn't believe it. He ran a hand through his hair, and laughed lightly. Karma. That was the only word he could think about at the moment. Karma had come back to bite him in the ass. He had teased her growing up for being so ugly, and now she was a bombshell who could leave him speechless. He was now the ugly duckling compared to her.

Kylie walked down the stairs with her car keys in hand. She figured that if Brian was staying for awhile, then she was leaving. She honestly didn't need to give him time to grow some balls to start picking on her again. Just as she placed her hand on the doorknob she heard a voice coming from behind her.

"Where are you going?" Her mother's voice asked.

She turned around and half smiled, "Well, Cole and Cyrus have a friend over to help decorate. . . so I figured I could just. . ."

"No, no, no." Rachel said, "You've got to put the angel on top of the tree."

"Mom!" Kylie whined, "I'm sure Cole or Cyrus can manage that task."

"But you're the baby." Rachel protested.

"I'm twenty three." Kylie stated in an annoyed tone.

"You know that doesn't matter. Now put those keys down and stop being so difficult. We have a guest over!" Rachel said, and then smiled, "You can help me fix dinner tonight, and we'll invite him over for it."

Kylie's face dropped, "Mom, I just remembered. . . I have a prior engagement."

"Stop lying." Rachel said, knowing her daughter too well, "Now put those keys down, and go help pack in the decorations from the garage."

With a eye roll, Kylie placed her keys on the hanger, and then walked out and began helping with the boxes. Much to her dismay, Brian was going to stay and help as well. She didn't speak a word to him the entire time everyone decorated. She actually tried to stay many feet away from him. If they happen to be walking in the same direction, then she would turn around and walk away in the opposite direction.

Tori and her mother had been decorating the tree. The only thing left until it was done was the angel. She looked over at her mother was smiling at her, as she held the angel in her hand. Kylie knew what this meant.

"Let me go get a chair." Kylie mumbled.

"None sense. One of us can lift you." Cole said.

Kylie eyed them and sighed, "Okay, let's just get this over with. Which one of you guys are lifting me?"

"I'll do it, climb aboard, short shit." Cyrus said.

She giggled softly, as she climbed up on her brother's shoulder's. He walked her over to the tree, and she leaned up and placed the angel on the top perfectly. She grinned as Cyrus began backing up away from the tree, so they could inspect it. She didn't know what happened, but she heard gasps, and then she felt herself tumbling backwards. She felt herself being caught before she fell to the ground. She just prayed Cole was the one who caught her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image