Girl Next Door

Haner

Kylie giggled softly as she watched Brian try to finish a song on his guitar. The solo for the song was insane and he had mentioned earlier he didn't know how he would ever play it live, let alone record it now. He kept messing up and would curse loudly as he made other loud noises. She thought it was absolutely adorable when he messed up. He was really cute when he was aggravated.

He glared over at her, and she tried to stop her laughter but couldn't. He tossed a pick towards her, making it hit her right on the forehead. She pouted, and he chuckled as he mouthed I love you towards her. She mouthed it back and then settled back into the couch. Gena soon came and accompanied her as Zacky took a seat next to Brian and picked up a guitar.

"How's your brother?" Gena asked.

Kylie sighed. "Still the same." She frowned.

Another week had passed and no sign of Cole waking up anytime soon. Tori and the baby were buried, and Kylie was finally coming to grips with their death. It was hard for her to believe that a woman she had known and come to love over the years was gone from her life. Even harder to believe that her niece, who she hadn't even met yet was gone.

"I'm really sorry, Ky." Gena whispered.

"It's okay, Gee." She forced a small smile. "Everything happens for a reason, I suppose."

"I agree." Gena nodded.

Kylie focused her attention on Brian again and watched as he strummed his fingers across the strings. It was memorizing for her to watch him. He seemed so at home when he had a guitar in his arms. She could tell it was what he was placed on this earth for.

"Oh God!" Gena giggled, as she dodged something that Zacky was tossing at her head.

Kylie snapped out of her daze and laughed as well. These guys were complete clowns in the studio, but she was enjoying every second of it. She still hadn't looked for a job, but Brian insisted that she wait until the school year finished and summer was over. She knew that would be still taking about six or so months off, but she was fine with that right now. She had worked her ass off in modeling, and college. She deserved some sort of extended vacation for awhile.

"Baby?"

"Yeah Bri?" She asked.

"Will you grab me a beer from the refrigerator?"

She nodded her head and made her way out of the room. She had grown accustomed to the layout of the studio. She knew exactly where the kitchen was. She entered and smiled at Matt and Mike Portnoy who happened to be sitting at the table. Mike had completely finished everything with drums yesterday, but he was hanging around for a couple of days to spend with the band. Kylie thought he was a really nice guy.

"Has he scared you yet?" Matt asked with a chuckle.

"No." She smiled. "Not yet."

Matt had warned her how pissed off and aggravated he could get if he didn't get things on the guitar right. She had thought he was joking at first, but after seeing Brian in the studio she knew he could really lose his cool sometimes.

She walked back inside the room and over to where he was at. She handed him his beer, and started to walk back towards the couch. Two arms snaked around her though and pulled her back, and then down on his lap. She giggled as she fell back into him. He immediately placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She said, turning around and pecking her lips against his.

"You're so damn beautiful." He smirked, tucking a piece of her blond hair behind her ear.

"You're not too bad yourself, Haner."

He chuckled. "You know one day you're gonna be a Haner too, and I'll be able to call you that."

She swallowed hard when the meaning of what he had just said soaked in. He had basically just implied that one day the two of them would be married. She bit down softly on her bottom lip as she stared into his coffee colored eyes. She hadn't thought about marriage with Brian. It really didn't seem like something that would be top on his list of priorities. She had heard that he was with Michelle for a long time, and even got engaged, but never wanted to discuss wedding plans.

They had only been together for four months and he was already talking about it. That made her excited, nervous, and scared. She didn't think she was ready to take such a big leap, but then again she knew she would walk to the ends of the world for Brian. She would do anything for him, and she didn't doubt how much she loved him.

"You look like a deer caught in head lights." He whispered, brushing his lips against her ear.

"You surprised me by saying that." She admitted.

"Sorry." He sighed. "It just slipped out, though I did mean it." He smiled. "One day you will be a Haner."

She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his neck. She placed a soft kiss against his skin, which earned a groan of approval from him.

"I think we should mess around in this room sometime." Brian suggested.

She laughed. "Get back to work you perv." She said, as she broke away from him with a big grin as she walked back over to the couch.

He smirked as he picked up his guitar and picked up right where he left off. She didn't know how he did it, but he managed to play the solo without messing up while his eyes were connected to hers the entire time. She rolled her eyes, knowing that would really boost his ego. She was definitely in trouble tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image