Girl Next Door

Confused

Kylie sighed as she tossed and turned. She just couldn't fall asleep, something was bugging her. She tossed the covers off her legs and then walked into the bathroom. She peed, and then discovered that she had got her period. She sighed, knowing why she had been feeling bad. She grabbed herself a Midol, and a tampon.

She walked out of the bathroom and noticed Brian was sat up in the bed rubbing his eyes. She smiled softly, as she walked over and climbed in bed beside him. He wrapped his arms around her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You woke me up," He mumbled.

She giggled, "Sorry baby,"

"It's okay." He sighed, "You okay?"

"I wasn't feeling well, but I know why."

"Why?"

"I got my period."

"Oh. . ."

Kylie noticed that Brian didn't seem to happy about her period. She laughed slightly knowing there was only one reason why he would be upset over that.

"It's just a week, Brian!" She giggled.

"Huh?"

"A week without sex, not that long."

"What are you talking about, baby?" Brian asked confused.

"You looked like you were sad when I said I got my period," She replied just as confused as he was. "I just assumed it was because you wouldn't be getting laid for a week."

He sighed, realizing how opposite their thoughts were. Kylie's was on sex, while his was on a baby. He sucked on his bottom lip as he thought about just talking to her about it. What could it hurt?

"That wasn't why I was sad."

"You were actually sad?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "I wished you wouldn't have got it."

"Huh?" She asked, now very confused.

"I wish you wouldn't have got it."

"Why?" She asked, burrowing her brows together. "Is there something going on in the next couple of days or something?"

"No," He sighed.

She wasn't understanding him at all. He was hoping he wouldn't actually have to come out and say what was going through his mind. He was hoping she would figure it out, but it was obvious that she wasn't.

"I don't get what you're saying, Bri."

"I just. . . I've been thinking about something a lot lately."

"What have you been thinking about?"

"Since the day of Matt and Val's BBQ, I've been thinking about. . . well, uh. . ." He really didn't know how he was going to come out and say it. "I've been thinking about having kids."

Kylie looked over at him and her mouth parted slightly upon hearing what he had to say. He wanted kids? He had been thinking about having kids? They had never talked about kids, never even discussed them in any conversations, and now suddenly Brian wanted one? She swallowed hard as she looked at him. His brown eyes were filled with mixed emotions.

"You want a kid?" She asked softly.

"I. . . yeah,"

"Wow." She whispered, not even knowing what else to say. What could she say?

"I know you probably don't feel the same way. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything, Ky. We'll have a kid when we're ready, but I just want you to know that I'm ready whenever that day comes."

She laid down on her side, and Brian did the same. He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, and leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"Brian, you really want a baby?" She asked softly.

"I do, but only when you're ready." He told her.

She swallowed hard, hearing him say that. He wanted a baby with her whenever she was ready. Kylie didn't know what to say. The only thing she wanted out of life was to have a family and enjoy life. She had found the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, and now he was offering to give her a family, but was she ready for that leap?

Brian pulled her into his arms and ran his fingers through her hair. He wished he could read minds to know what was going through hers. He knew she was deep in thought because she wasn't talking. She placed her head on his chest and listened to his steady heart beat for what seemed like hours before she finally mustered up enough strength to talk.

"Is it too soon?" She asked softly.

"Is what too soon, Ky?"

"To have a baby?"

"I don't know," He replied, remembering what his father had told him. He didn't want to bring one into this world unless they were positive they could handle it.

"We're not even. . ." She started to say something but then decided against it.

"We're not what, baby?" He asked, and then knew what she was going to say, "married?"

"Yeah," She mumbled.

"I told you one day I was making you my wife, and I intend to do that. Hell, I'll do it right now if you want. We can go to Vegas. . ."

"Brian," She laughed. "We are not going to Vegas."

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because! We're not going to Vegas," She giggled.

"I'm just saying, whenever you want any of it, all you have to do is ask. If you want to marry me, then I'll get you a ring, when you want a baby, I'll give you that. I'll get you anything you want Ky. You're the only person I ever want to spend my days with."

"You really wanna marry me?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, I do." He nodded, "I'd marry you tonight if you'd let me."

She laughed, "Brian, think realistically."

"I am," He said, kissing the top of her head. "We could go and elope."

"Brian!" She sighed, "You sound crazy."

"You want a big wedding?" He asked.

"Well, no." She said. She didn't like the idea of a big wedding.

"Then marry me tonight."

"Brian! You cannot be serious! What about our families?"

"So, you're not saying no?"

"I'm saying you're crazy." Kylie laughed.

"One week." Brian told her.

"One week what?"

"One week, and then we're getting married. I'm going to go buy you a ring tomorrow."

"Brian!"

"Get some sleep baby, I love you." He said, kissing her forehead.

She giggled, "Are you serious?"

"Serious about loving you or marrying you?"

She smiled, "Both."

"I love you more than anything, and I am completely one hundred percent serious about marrying you in exactly one week."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image