Duties before Love

True Form

Shiva stood up with a regretful look on his face. "Are you sure you want to see....?" He said looking straight into Hana's eyes. She nodded her head. The look of regret slowly disappeared from his face and replaced itself with a twisted look of misery. "Please, please when you see don't hate me." Hana was taken aback by his words and before Hana could get her words out Shiva began to change.

A tearing sound filled Hana's ears as she stared at Shiva with mixed emotions sprawled across her face. Hana could hardly blink at the sight of Shiva transforming and soon it was over. Shiva had changed. Hana gasped at the sight of him but not of fear. He had looked so different that she could hardly recognize him.

Shiva had grown wings, one coal black and the other snow white. A gray design was painted on the two wings symmetrical to each other. His hair was now jet black with streaks of platinum in it and small horns rested atop his curving inward almost like a halo. Hana hadn't really thought about it before but his canine teeth grew larger almost showing but not quite so. His eyes were now two different colors one dark crimson red while the other was sky blue.

"Shiva..... is that..... you...?" Hana barely said above a whisper. Shiva slowly nodded staring straight at the floor, afraid to look straight into Hana's eyes. "Shiva......?" Hana called his name but he hadn't responded to her. "Shiva please look at me." Hana said, her voice a bit louder now. Shiva hesitated at first but then slowly lifted his head looking straight into Hana's eyes. He could she Hana slightly trembling and her quivered.

"You're scared. I'm sorry. You don't want me in your sights now, I know but I will continue to watch over you until it is time to go back." Shiva stated. Hana's eyes widened and Shiva turned to leave.

"Yes I am a bit scared, BUT! I don't want you to leave just because you believe that your appearance is enough to drive me away. You judged me before you could see how I turned out to be while we were separated Shiva." Shiva's eyes widened and he spun around to look at Hana. Her face was completely serious and she wasn't trembling anymore. A smile crept onto his face.

"Do you mean it?!" he asked a little worried

Hana smiled gently "Of course I mean it." Shiva morphed back into his usual shape and pounced on Hana giving her a massive hug. Hana was slightly surprised by his actions but then recovered and returned the hug.

"Thank you. I was so worried that you wouldn't have excepted me and ran away from me like all the others. I was so afraid that you might have begun to hate me." He whispered in her ear hugging her tightly.

"The thought of you leaving must have triggered some internal feeling and I couldn't let you leave me again. I've been so lonely without you, Shiva. It would just hurt to much to see you separated from me again." Hana whispered. Her eyes welled with tears as she hugged Shiva.

"You remembered!?!" Shiva asked pulling away. Hana shook her head.

"Only when you sent me away." Shiva let go of her and began to think.

"Hana you have to regain all of your memories and soon. We're going to go back home soon and you're going to reclaim what rightfully belongs to both you and your family." He said with a serious look on his face. Hana nodded her head and then realized something.

"How soon are we going to leave? And how far is the journey?"

"Tomorrow morning just before the sun rises. I'll try my best to help you regain your memories but I'm not sure if it will happen. The journey is long and treacherous but I'm willing to sacrifice my life for you if it means that I have to." Hana nodded her head with a distressed look in her eyes. "Now try to remember. Think very hard."

She squeezed her eyes shut and began to meditate, chanting the words she had chanted before. She calmed herself of all distress and began to try and remember her sealed away past.

~~~~~~Hours later~~~~~~

~~--Shiva's prov.--~~
She sat there meditating trying to remember her memories for a guy she hardly even remembered. I got to over-excited when I heard her say that she had remembered something. I stared at her face in awe. It had been so long since I had seen her and she had grown into a beautiful young woman with a good head on her shoulders.

When the thought that I had left her alone by herself for all these years came to mind I couldn't help but be sad, worried and relived all at the same time. Sad that I had left her alone, worried that something bad might have happened in my absence and relief that she was safe in my sights once again unharmed.

My thoughts wandered as I thought of the long journey I had gone through. Looking back at it I realized that it was all worth the trouble I had been put through just to see her. I smiled as I continued to look at her face.

After a while I began to toy with my half-pendent chain, just to pass the time. Every so often I would steal a glance at her to check if she was ok. A sudden stir in her movement caught my attention. "Hana...?" I called her name. No response. I looked at her beginning to worry a bit. "Hana!" I called her name again as she began to move more violently. My response from her was a high-pitched scream. Immediately I sprung up and rushed to her.......

~~--Hana's prov.--~~
I was in the midst of darkness as images began to swirl into my mind. The images overwhelmed me and soon enough I found myself entranced by them. I studied each one with care. "What are these.....?" I mumbled lowly to myself. My calmness was at it peak and my power was centered.

As I continued to look at the images my head suddenly felt light. I felt dizzy but I dismissed that feeling to the back of my head. Still I studied the images. Moments later the dizziness came back followed by a dull pain that I couldn't dismiss. I tried to ignore it to the best of my abilities but it wouldn't go away and soon it overwhelmed me. It hurt so much.

My body stirred from the feeling of the pain. My ears began to ring. The pain slowly became bigger and soon took over my entire head my body became numb. I screamed from the pain of it. It hurt so much. Make it stop!! I continued screaming.

~~--Hour later--~~
The pain continued to hurt but I couldn't scream anymore. I lost track of time and just let the pain hurt. But slowly it began to dim down like fire after being splashed by water.

Soon I could regain control of my mind and the images continued to swirl in my head. The images were formed in a large circle with me inside. A sudden light began to glow in front of me..............
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I found it necessary to write in the first person for the end of this chapter. The next chapter will go back to third person. Sorry for any inconvenience.