Status: Creativity runs short, sorry.

The Promise.

Reb Robin Professions Of Love.

The sermon this Sunday is about temptation. Who would have guessed? Craig and Sienna sit in silence during the service, which is unusual for them. They usually whisper, joke and sometimes even text each other, neither of them being able to sit still for very long. Craig sits and twiddles his thumbs, feeling slightly guilty for what he was trying to convince Sienna to do. Sienna continually glances at Craig, trying to read his face and figure out what’s going on underneath those luscious black locks. She slowly reaches over into Craig’s lap causing him to jump a little and look over at her. She gives him a comforting look, showing that she comes in peace and takes hold of his right hand. He sees that her approach is purely platonic and gives her a hand a light squeeze. Upon seeing that her white flag was accepted Sienna scoots closer to Craig, snuggling up to him.

After church finishes, the now-happy couple get into Craig’s car debating on where they want to go to eat.

“I want Mexican food,” requests Sienna, looking over at Craig in the driver’s seat: one hand on the wheel, the other holding onto hers. Craig takes his eyes off the road and gives Sienna the look to let her know that he does not want Mexican food.

“Um, how about Red Robin?” suggests a very hungry Craig.

“Well, that would be a great idea if I could eat half of what you can. We’d be there for hours waiting on me to finish,” she explains to her fiancée.

“I’ll split a hamburger with you. How about that?” Craig attempts to persuade her to agree to go to his favorite restaurant. Sienna stays quiet but caves as soon as she looks over at Craig and his adorable puppy dog face.

“Pwease, pwease, pwease!” he begs with his lower lip pushed out as far as possible and his dark eyelashes batting playfully.

“Ok, Red Robin it is.”

“Thanks, babe!” Craig exclaims, leaning over to give her a quick kiss on the cheek and pulling a sharp U-turn.

“I get that your excited but can we slow down, please!” she laughs and comments on his speed, gripping the safety handle on the door tightly. He has always been a more eccentric driver but somehow, has never even gotten pulled over. A few minutes later they pull into the parking lot, safe and sound. They walk up to the front door of the restaurant hand-in-hand and see an older couple walking out. Craig sees the couple and steps up to the door, holding it open for them. Sienna smiles at the man and his wife as they thank Craig for his polite gesture.

“Looks like you’ve got a good catch here, I think he’s a keeper,” says the woman to Sienna as she walks through the door.

“I think he is, too,” Sienna says to the woman, smiling at her and Craig. He holds the door open for her and then follows her inside the restaurant, putting his arm around her shoulder.

“Hi, welcome to Red Robin. Would you like a booth or a table?” asks the hostess.

“Uh, booth?” says Craig to Sienna and the hostess.

“Yes, booth please,” Sienna reassures the hostess.

“Ok, right this way,” says the hostess and gestures for them to follow her to their table. The hostess seats them in cozy, red, 2-person booth, hands them their menus and lets them know that their waiter will be with them shortly.

“I really liked what you did back there,” says Sienna, looking through her menu nonchalantly.

“You mean holding the door for those people?” says Craig with a smile.

“Yes,” she says glancing up from her menu.

“Oh, well just force of habit, I guess,” he says with a mischievous chuckle.

“Well, it’s a very charming and adorable habit.”

“Why, thank you.”

“Why, you’re welcome,” she says mocking Craig’s already mocking tone.”But seriously, that was really nice because you don’t really see that these days, you know?”

“Yeah, I know. People just aren’t as courteous as they should be anymore,” says Craig, closing his menu as the waitress walks up.

“Hey, I’m Megan. I’ll be ya’lls server today. What can I get ya’ll to drink?” says their obviously southern-born waitress. Craig orders a cherry Coke and Sienna gets an iced tea. “Alright, can I get ya’ll any appetizers? We got onion rings and cheese sticks and artichoke and spinach dip.”

“No, thank you. I’ll think we’ll just skip straight to the meal, if you don’t mind,” says Sienna, flipping through her menu to find what she had decided to order earlier.
“Alrighty, then. What’ll it be?”

“I think I’ll have the Bonsai Burger,” orders Craig.

“I’m having the same, please,” says Sienna, taking his and hers menus and handing them to the waitress. As the waitress walks away, Craig grabs Sienna’s hands from across the table, catching her attention.

“Sienna, baby; you make me feel so alive. It’s like I’ve got purpose once again,” he says, looking into her light green eyes. Sienna looks at him in surprise. “I know this is kind of weird to be saying in the middle of Red Robin but I just can’t hold it back anymore. You’re the strength I need to fight and you’re the reason I still try.”

“Craig, it’s like I’m the moth and you’re the light. I love you, even if you do randomly profess your love in the middle of Red Robin.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I like it very much, but I felt like I needed to update quick.
Please, please, please comment and tell me what you like or don't like[:
-Allison♥