Writing Our Names In The Sky

Happy for the Heck of it

“So I’m feeling good, how about you guys?” She asked the crowd of people she’d been singing to for the last hour. When they cheered in response she smiled.

“How you feelin’, BJ?” She asked her drummer. He gave her a thumbs up and she smiled again. She asked the brass players, the keyboard player, and herself the same things.

“’Kay so, I just hung out with Jason Mraz the other day and uh, he told me that I absolutely had to do this song. And I said why, you cover it don’t you? And he told me, yes I do, and we’re the same people. He said, ‘Kenzie you’re just like me and I wanna see how you do it. I wanna see you dance and have fun like I do when I perform the song.’ And I felt so honored by that so I just had to do it. So c’mon and let’s do this.” She stepped away from the microphone and took a drink from her 100% Juice smoothie before stepping back up.

“Well my friends the time has come” She sang softly but firm, “To raise the roof and have some fun”

From the VIP section where his brother Nicholas and he sat, Joe watched Mackenzie sway her hips when the beat came around. She was on stage barefoot, wearing ripped shorts and a plaid shirt that she didn’t have an undershirt under so when her arms swayed or her hips swirled, her middle would show. She didn’t care as she sang along to the song, looking as if she were having a blast. From what he could see, she most likely was. Not one song or action she performed showed contentment with being cheered on by adoring fans. Maybe it was because this was new to her, but he felt as if it were more than that. That she was actually happy to make music; that she’d be completely fine with playing her guitar on a dirt floor. That made him smile with the thought. She was real.

And he noticed how she didn’t dance to be sexy or dress sexily on purpose. She was comfortable, comfortable on a stage in front of thousands how love her music. And that, that was awesome.

After she thrilled herself with a cover of Lionel Richie’s ‘All Night Long’, she thanked the crowd with blown kisses and roses before bowing off stage with promises to be at the in parking lot B in less than twenty minutes. That puzzled him, seeing as there were far too many people. He and his brothers had to sneak of stage in boxes and secret cars to leave. But here was Mackenzie, welcoming herds of fans to mob her. Was she crazy?

“You ready to meet your Dream Girl?” Nicholas clapped his brother on the shoulder once the show was over, teasing him.

“In the parking lot?” Joe’s eyes widened at his brother. Was hecrazy? It was one thing for her, but another for them to throw themselves out.

“It was a joke. I’m sure we can catch her another time; we run into everyone else at these award shows. Heck, I met Will Smith and Apple Bee’s the other night.”

“You sure?” Joe asked as the followed the crowd out of the theatre, making sure not to look at anyone in fear of being noticed.

“I promise. It’s Hollywood, we’re the Jonas Brothers and she’s Mackenzie Rose. It’s destiny” Nick joked. Joe nodded, convincing himself his brother was right. It was basically faith.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd chapter is short but I know I have nothing else to put into it.

Ha, I got a comment already. Aweeesomee. =)