Writing Our Names In The Sky

free for all

Joe really believed he would have been better off without accepting Mackenzie’s lunch invitation. Or if he hadn’t gone to the house at all. Yeah, tracking her down was his mistake. He should have kept the blonde fairytale as a fantasy girl in his head; he’d be less likely to mess everything up that way.

And he knewhe must have messed up somewhere because since that day, Mackenzie hadn’t talked to him. He’d given her his number and…got nothing. Two weeks later, his phone seemed to ring for every voice but hers. It killed his joy, little by little.

Before he knew her and only wished of meeting her, he felt longing. He felt desire. And after his first meeting, he felt self conscious; sub par. But now, he was feeling rejected. She had the means to contact him and she hadn’t done so in two weeks. Face it, he told himself, she doesn’t want anything to do with you. Ouch.

This was nothing close to what he imagined, what he thought about time and time again. Mackenzie Rose wasn’t very nice; she wasn’t sweet and kind and didn’t have that Southern Hospitality someone like her should, like he thought she should. Her country girl ways were and act, because right now, she was a real diva to Joe. He felt so deceived by her actions. Mackenzie was nothing like this. Not the Mackenzie he thought about; the one he made up. No, she was his perfect girl. But his perfect girl had turned into his own Beth Cooper. But instead of having that crazy night and a private moment where his dream girl pours her soul to him, showing she’s the opposite of what everyone sees, Joe got a lunch date that seemed great until she didn’t call. Which to him, was pretty screwed up. Not very Mackenzie Rose of her at all.

If he weren’t so down in the dumps, he might’ve gotten mad.

“Joe, c’mon! It’s time for the chat!” Nicole Anderson’s voice interrupted his self pity. He sighed and got up to make his way to the media room where they’d have a Jonas Cast live chat. He tried to pep himself up because this was for his fans, he knew they’d always make him happy.

&&

He laughed after successfully annoying Nick with a screeching rendition of “Who I Am” and watched the comments and questions of their fans roll in while Chelsea and Nicole continued to giggle.

“You guys talk way too fast.” He shook his head and watched the words scroll in front of his eyes, trying to find something that caught his eye. There was some freak repeatedly explaining their sex dreams involving Nicholas; Joe pointedly avoided the username and their comments.

He was about to pull back and annoy Nick again because that was sure happiness, but he found something interesting.

‘Joe did u hear what M.R said about U?’

M.R., M.R., M.R.; he wracked his brain for what that meant before it came to him. “Mackenzie Rose said something about me?”

Chelsea, Nick, Kevin, and Nicole each directed their attention toward the twenty-one year old.

“Huh?”

Joe didn’t pay them attention, simply faced the camera and said, “Mackenzie Rose was talking about me?” He thought about the username of which the words had came from.“...Miranda Jonas?”

He let the idea that this wasn’t a good move, seep into his head. Because honestly, everything with Mackenzie Rose had done him more harm then good. This information MirandaJonas was about to present him with was bound to bring him down once again. It was almost undeniable; he still didn’t tear his eyes from the screen.

He watched as her name popped up with a link to OceanUp and he was rooted with determination to get on his phone and access the site. But a hand on his forearm made him look up.

It was Nick’s hand. He waited for his brother to speak but Nicholas merely raised his phone to Joe’s eyes to read the message he had just typed.

‘Wait til this is over.’

He looked towards Kevin, who also nodded and sighed. Fine, he’d wait.

(&-&]

Mackenzie Rose: ‘Joe and I are not friends’

On her music: I feel as if it’s something different. Everything revolves around pop music nowadays and I’m glad that I can be mainstream and still sing music that’s different. I’ve always been a southern girl who only needed my guitar. Everything I write, I’ve been through which is why I think people like my music; some girl out there can relate to sitting on their roof and dreaming or wishing they could see what was so great about them. I’m glad I can provide that for someone.

On recent buzz about her and Joe Jonas: I’ve heard plenty of things involving Joe Jonas. After that smoothie spat, I actually had lunch with him. I wouldn’t call us friends because we don’t talk, but he’s okay. Sort of a sweetheart.


Sort of a sweetheart, that has to count for something, doesn’t it? He asked himself after reading the post twice. He bounced his leg and looked out of the window of his SUV. She could’ve been playing it safe. She could’ve not wanted any rumors to start. He retracted from asking himself why not, that would just drive him crazy.

His phone buzzed beside him and he picked it up, viewing the e-mail he’d just received from his Dad.

FWD: On June 1rst there will be a meeting @ WB studios. 5 p.m.; enter through West Wing doors. Concerning Jonas Music festival. Non-optional.

The thought of performing since their long absence from the stage was promising and, like it should, didlift his spirits a bit. It was a new project they’d thought of collectively as not only a family, but a team. The Jonas Brothers would showcase new artists and artists they liked. Really, it was pretty awesome.

Sighing, Joe prepped himself into the Joe his fans pictured him to be. Always happy and ever ready to bring smiles. Although he could be that person, that wasn’t the only part of him. He wished someone could see that. Because really, being yourself to at least one single person should be available, even to him. Right?

(&&]

On June first at 4:45 am Joe was just pulling into the lot, blasting ‘California Girls’ from his vehicle. With a last sing of the chorus, he shut off the engine and hopped out, feeling pumped. He’d get to see some of his friends and meet some new talent. He decided he wanted to catch up with David who’d they’d chosen to host. Much to Nick’s displeasure, David was a top pick and a fan favorite. So, he’d be inside of the meeting today, which really wouldn’t be called a meeting. Get together was more like it.

Joseph jogged inside and into the elevator. At the second floor, he winked at the receptionist before going down the hall to the room his dad said they’d be in. Sure enough, he entered 4A and merged into a pleasing crowd of musicians be both knew and wanted to know.

“Joe’s here!” A few chorused as they sat around the large Oakwood table at room’s center. He chuckled, bowing and earning laughs. After a few high fives, he snagged a seat between Nick and Benton Paul.

“Heeeey Buuddy; long time no see.” He butted Benton, getting a laugh.

“Touring. You know I have to work pretty hard to be better than you one day.”

“Fat chance.” Joe rolled his eyes at the joking remark. He chatted up a few more people before his father and Phil called to order.

“Okay, okay clam down. We should’ve done this at a damn house.” Phil said, making everyone laugh. He was a great manager; his only flaw(and plus, depending on how you looked at it)was his swearing habit. It was naturally funny that he swore in almost every sentence, but also harsh when he was yelling.

“So, what we have in this room right now is mostof the performers for the event. We’re still working on the order and trying to squeeze last minute preferences in, but I feel that this will be a very successful event. We have a variety of talent and all of you guys are really magnificent at what you do, minus Joe and David.” Paul snuck in, getting everyone to laugh but Joe and David. They waved off the insult.

“Psh, we’re the life of the party. We wished to be paid extra just for looking as good as we do all the time.” David said, high fiving Joe.

“Yeah, when the the world goes to shit and I marry Scarlett Johannson.” Phil snorted.

“She’s taken.” Joe pointed out.

“Exactly my point.”

“Okay, okay.” Paul intercepted. “Let’s get on with this. We need everyone’s full participation. I know this is sort of a free lance event, but we need to keep it professional, too. Does everyone have their schedules?” Satisfied with the collective nods, he continued. “Be there at that time and not a moment later. It needs to run as smoothly as possible. Question ?”

David raised his hand. Paul nodded, signaling for him to speak. Clearing his voice, he did so. “ So, will you guys be supplying my sun screen? I can’t afford skin cancer, Paul; it’s not a good look.”

Phil did the honors. “Get the hell outta here, David.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last date of update: March 4, 2010.
Ouch.
Word Count: 1,609
Again , OUCH.