Status: suspended

I Met Him Again…By Mistake

7.

Do you know what was so scary? He just stayed totally cool and unaffected by my words. That freaked me out.
Athen paced back to the table and sat. His cold and way too calm gaze was fixed on me.
“ Why don`t we eat first?”, he suggested with a cool smile.

I felt really stupid standing there, dressed like someone who just had jumped out of a time machine. In this moment I was no better than a well-trained monkey that was part of some performance. Maybe it was childish, maybe it was not, but I clenched my fists angrily and almost crying, kicked a fallen leaf in front of me.

“ I won`t sat on that table and eat! I just want to know what`s happening!?”
“ Oh, then that`s too bad.”, Athen answered without looking at me anymore. In fact he was busy pouring himself blood in a crystal glass. “ I won`t say a word until we start eating.”

I clenched not only my fists, but also my teeth. I closed my eyes, inhaled and tried to collect my thoughts. He wouldn`t say a word if I continued acting like this.
So, I made my way to the table, trying not to think how humiliated I felt. Anyway I wasn`t in the position to give orders. Unfortunately.

I forced myself to eat. That evening I could honestly say that I hated Athen. I hated him with all my heart and I couldn`t stop giving him deadly glances.
Every single bite of food was either disgusting or tasteless.
“ I`m eating, feel free to talk.” , I broke the silence
“ I needed you here.”, simply answered he.

I waited for some more explanations, but alas, they never came.
“ That`s all?!”, I left my fork in the plate, “ You need me for what?”
“ I refuse to answer you while you are behaving like this.”, he took a sip.

I was definitely running out of patience. Maybe Athen wanted to bow in front of him and to apologize, but I was too proud to do that. And besides I didn`t feel guilty at all.
Crying or shouting wouldn`t help in this situation. Trying to suppress anger was difficult indeed, but necessary.
I drank some water before I stood up.
“Good night.”, I announced calmly and got out with firm confident pace.

He didn`t stop me and I didn`t turn back.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Back there in my room I felt free to unleash my anger. I literally tore my dress into pieces. Then I found a nice box covered in pink and white crystals. I called it the Emergency Box and put there everything that would be useful for my escape. Then I sat on the couch in front of the TV and realized that I can`t escape since I don`t know where I am.
Besides I was too furious to think logically. In the end I simply put the EBox under my bed.

Next morning was morning was sunny but cold. I managed to reach the garden just to find out that the main gate was locked. Not that I expected something else. I looked here and there but I didn`t find anything useful or interesting.
When I came back in my room I found my lunch served. I ate and then I slept again.

I woke up in the late afternoon. The warm light from the sun was shining lazily trough the window. The night was coming.

Just the thought of vampires wandering around made me sick. I dragged myself on the couch and started to search for a nice movie.
This occupation took me way too long because I had to choose between sad sugary movies and very sad sugary movies.

I watched the first five minutes just to get bored and paused the movie. Outside my room someone was about to enter and it was easy to guess exactly who. I quickly pushed the play button and pretended that I`m watching the movie with great interest.

Athen sat on the couch next to me. I continued staring at the TV without even paying attention to the movie.
“ Good evening.”, he greeted me softly.
“ If you say so.”, I answered still looking at the same spot.
“ I wish to speak with you.”
“ Speak then.”, I tilted my head aside so I can observe the heroine`s shoes. Damn cute high heels.

“ I would like to have you attention please.”
Actually I wouldn`t react but his last words were spoken so gently and politely that I hit the pause button again and finally faced him.
Athen was dressed again according to his new passion – leather. But he was extremely nice to me, so I decided to listen to what he wanted to say.
He cleared his throat, looked away for a second and began: “ I am really sorry for what I`ve said and done last night. See, I didn`t mean any of this. The truth is that I really really wanted to see you again.”

I put the remote control next to me and gazed at him more intensely.
“ But you could`ve called, we could`ve meet in a Café or something like normal people.”
“ But we aren`t normal. See that`s the problem. At least I`m not normal…”, he paused.
“ Well, yeah, you`re not a human but we lived together for months. We were roommates.”, I laughed trying to avoid any unnecessary seriousness, “ We know each other.”
“ See, the problem is that… I thought a lot after you went back home.”, I tried to find some emotion, but face stayed perfectly calm even if he didn`t feel that way, “ I think that we need second chance, you know, for the good old time.”

My worst fears had come true.
“ Athen, “ , I began quietly searching for the right words, “ you said good old time and that`s the key word – it was in the past. Now I have a boyfriend.”

He grinned as if Matt was no competition.
“ Have you ever wondered why you began to date this guy in first place?”, he asked with the same contemptuous smile
“ Because I love him, of course.”, I just couldn`t hide the confusion in my eyes.
“ You do?” , he raised his eyebrows, “ Didn`t you just choose him because he`s safe? He never gets mad, he never gets in trouble, he`s the boy your mom will always approve. You chose him because we never really had a chance!”

Anger, weakness and tears mixed together in me. I brushed my eyes quickly. It was true – all that Athen said about Matt I mean – he was good and straightforward. But me using him just as replacement? Was it true? No. no! Athen got what he wanted – I was confused, I wasn`t able to come with clear decision. He knew well that people and especially girls never forget the love they never had experienced, because the question “what if” always bugs them.

“ No matter what Matt is my boyfriend. And back then you said you approve him.”
“ I just said what you wanted me to say.”, Athen stood up, “ But now we can be together. I won`t push anything, you`ll have enough time to sort your feelings out.”

I studied the patterns of the carpet.
“ Can I call my family to say that I`m okay?”, I asked still not looking at him.
He shook his head.
“ No, you can`t. I could give you the whole world, but not that.”
“ I just need to be alone if you don`t mind.”, I continued staring at the carpet.
His cold palm rested gently on my head.
“ Of course.”

Later when I came back from the bathroom, I couldn`t find Matt`s crystal heart. I had put it on my desk, but now it wasn`t there. I looked for it on floor but it wasn`t there either. And then I understood.
Athen wanted to destroy anything that led me to Matt.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

The situation didn`t get any better even a few days later. Athen was coming and we were talking about safe topics only. He was nice and caring, but it didn`t make me feel better.

This afternoon he came in my room dressed with a huge hoodie that covered his face. Athen wanted to have picnic with me on the rocky beach.
“ It will be fun, I promise.”
“ Okay.”, I sighed secretly wishing not to have fun at all.

That changed once I got there. Of course as I said before this beach was ugly but I was outside of the villa.
With the last sunbeams I threw my shoes away and dug my toes in the cold sand.
“ Can I look around?”, I asked Athen quietly.

I wasn`t sure if I was allowed to walk freely.
“ Sure.”, I couldn`t see his face but I felt he was smiling underneath the hood
For first time since I got here I felt happy. I ran along the beach, watching the grey blue sea.
“ Wanna race?”, I heard Athen`s voice right behind me

And then I realize that it was twilight. I faced Athen. The black hoodie was lying on the sand away from us.
“ You and I? Race?”, I snorted

As if I had any chance to win. He smiled innocently and I knew he was going to run slowly just for my entertainment.
I shook my head desperately.
“ Whatever.” And then I fled away, as fast as I could of course .

Athen was right behind me not allowing himself to get ahead of me even once.
With all those blood running madly in my veins making me unaware of anything else except for the race I stumbled over something that later appeared to be big rock. I felt Athen `s hand catching my jacket but nevertheless I fell painfully twisting myself. Athen landed on top of me.

Later when I thought about it I was sure that he chose to fall. With his quick reflexes I could be easily saved without any falling on the ground. Any way he chose to fall.

“ Are you okay?”, he asked.
I opened my eyes to find out that everything seems fine except for the slight pain in my back.
“ I guess.”, I murmured.
He was still lying on top of me, not making any attempts to stand up. He obviously was so close that I felt his warm breath on my cheek. This was way too uncomfortable so I tried to slip away. Unsuccessfully.
“Athen…”, I began pleading him , “ Just move..”

But before I understand what was going on, I felt his lips on my neck. Then I felt his FANGS.
“ Athen what are you doing?!” I asked loud and angrily before his teeth sink for real in my skin.
Right now I really wanted to sound and act confidently but I couldn`t stop trembling.
“Wouldn`t it be just great”, he whispered in my ear, “ you and I forever together.”

His voice were really convincing but it couldn`t be either way – he was a vampire after all. I tried to suppress the warmth that was spreading in my body.
“ Please Athen. Lets just stop this.”, I tried to move him away from me.
I felt his lips on my neck once again. Then I really began to panic. It was the first time that I feared Athen, that I felt threatened.

“ Athen you said you don`t want to push the things.”, I tried to repulse him with tears in my eyes,” Just let me go!”

Maybe something in my voice made him understand that he totally messed up everything. He pulled himself back.

I stood up quickly, straightening my clothes.
“I-I..”
“ Enough Athen,” , I cut him off, “ I didn`t want to be a vampire before, and I don`t want it now. End of discussion.”

Trying to save my dignity I started to walk quickly. My eyes were focused only on the villa, where I just wanted to reach my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This time I was busy for real ^^`

<3