Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirteen.

I don’t know what happened to the next few hours, I guess time flies when you’re having fun, well when you’re having fun Rubano style. Matt and I had spent the majority of the remaining two hours attempting to build a pyramid out of playing cards. After Adam had practically attacked me earlier I couldn’t be bothered to go and change considering it was only water he tipped over me, speaking of Adam, he was still in his room doing god knows what. The guys were due over in about fifteen, needless to say I was excited, and also the card pyramid was half way there so that made me even happier than I currently was, at that moment I felt like I was the happiest I’d been in ages…until..

Adam came running into the living room at full speed with a piece of paper held tightly in his left hand, and when I say full speed, I mean full speed…and if you imagine what happens when you run full speed you create a gust of wind when you run…needless to say our card pyramid was history.

“ADAM!” I screeched.

“Hey Matt guess what!” Adam exclaimed as he came to a complete hault, paying no attention to me.

“What’s up, Adam?” Matt questioned.

“I’VE WROTE A NEW SONG!” Adam yelled proudly.

“Woah, where did this come from?!” Matt chuckled.

“Well basically you know when I’ve been going to my room? I’ve been writing this!” He explained.

“Are you sure you didn’t just sit there and cry at my insults?” I smirked.

Adam just rolled his eyes and flipped me off.

“Let me read?” Matt asked as he outstretched his hand for the piece of paper. Adam hesitantly handed it over, afraid of what Matt would think of it.

Matt’s eyes scanned over the lyrics and a smile started to spread slowly across his lips.

“Adam this is awesome! It really is” Matt praised as Adam sighed in relief.

“Where did you get your inspiration to write this from?” Matt questioned.

“I…uh…” Adam stammered.

“Can I read?” I asked, genuinely wanting to read it.

I mean, yeah I can’t stand the guy but I loved the lyrics he wrote before I even found out they were his.
Adam breathed a sigh of relief that I had changed the subject, why I do not know, but he turned to look at me and narrowed his eyes.

“What?” I asked defensively whilst holding my hands up to prove that defence.

“Why do YOU want to read my lyrics?” Adam asked.

“Because before I even found out YOU were…you I loved the lyrics you wrote.” I stated honestly.

Adam just looked at me.

“I guess I have to thank you for that, but no you can’t not now” Adam said.

I just rolled my eyes.

“I just tried to be nice by genuinely complimenting you and yet you’re still being an ass” I spat.

“Honey, it takes one to know one” Adam glared.

“Yeah well I-” I got cut off by the doorbell ringing, Matt sighed in relief as he went to answer the door.

I was about to meet the rest of Taking Back Sunday, and I tell you, I couldn’t wait.

Matt answered the door as Adam and I tried to push each other out of the way so we could get out into the hallway first. The guys walked in one by one. First an average sized man with quite dark hair, not blonde, but not brown either, wearing a shirt, waistcoat and jeans walked in, pursuing him a taller man with short spiky hair in just a plain shirt with a tie and jeans entered wearing a warm smile on his face as he greeted Matt, then lastly a small man with even shorter spiky hair wearing jeans and a button up shirt entered. I just stood there starting at the three men in front of me, they made up one of my favourite bands, and yet until now I had no idea what they looked like, I need to watch TV more.
I was currently stood next to Adam who was being annoying and poking me in the ribs whenever he felt like it so I just sighed and walked further away from him, stupid Adam. Matt was the first one to break the silence that had formed.

“Right, Taylor this is Fred Mascherino” He said as he pointed to the man who’d been first to enter.

“It’s nice to meet you” He smiled warmly as he extended an hand out for me to shake.

“Nice to meet you too, Fred” I grinned as I shook his hand.

Matt moved on to the introducing the man to the right of Fred.

“This is Mark O’Connell” He said as he once again pointed him out for me.

“Hi Mark” I greeted as I waved slightly.

“Nice to meet you, Taylor” He smiled as he waved lightly back.

“And last but not least this is Eddie Reyes” He said signalling to the man who stood next to Mark.

“Hello!” I said enthusiastically.

“Hey Taylor, nice to meet you” He replied.

“Guys, this is my cousin Taylor Rubano” Matt smiled.

“Hi Taylor!” They all said in unison, I waved back in reply.

Matt walked over to me as Adam walked over to Fred, Mark and Eddie.

“So, you’ve now met Taking Back Sunday” Matt smirked.

I just rolled my eyes and grinned in reply…then I realised something.

“Hey Matt…where’s Lidia?” I questioned, feeling guilty I’d not noticed sooner.

“She’s fine, she’s just upstairs attempting to beat her score on Pacman extreme, ha-ha” He laughed.

“I’m going to go see if I can put her off, she’ll be in the practise room won’t she?” I asked.

“That she will, I’m going to go and talk to the guys so we’ll see you up there in ten” Matt smiled as he walked away from me and approached the rest of the guys.

As I made my way to the stairs I took a second to glance over at them all, but what really surprised me was that Adam was laughing and joking about, okay I know I’d expected him to be different with them than he was with me but I didn’t expected him to look so…nice? Like he’d never hurt anyone.
I just sighed and walked up the stairs, sometimes I wonder what goes on inside that boys mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it! :) if you do then please subscribe, feedback is appreciated! :D
xo