Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Fourteen.

I made my way across the hallway and up the other flight of stairs. I mean it, sometimes I really do wonder what goes on inside that boys mind, it’s like he has split personalities, with me he’s an enemy and with Matt, Lidia, Eddie, Fred and Mark he’s like god’s son…well obviously not really, but you know what I mean. I reached the practise and games room and made my way inside, it was a pretty cool room and very spacious, the left side of the room was where band practise and writing took place whilst the far right side of the room were two sofas, a plasma TV, and a games console, which was where Lidia currently was, sprawled out on one of the sofas screaming at the TV as she kept getting eaten by the evil characters.

“TAKE SOME OF THAT!” she exclaimed as her fingers tapped furiously on the controller.

“Uh Lidia?” I laughed as she turned around slowly to face me in embarrassment.

I couldn’t help it, I burst out laughing as she got even more embarrassed, I laughed so hard in the end I had trouble holding myself up.

“Stop laughing at me!” She whined as she chucked one of the cushions off of the sofa at my head.

“Hey, I’m not the one screaming at the TV!” I smirked as I tossed it back at her.

Lidia just huffed playfully and flipped me off.

I walked over to where she was sat and pushed her legs off so I could sit on the same sofa as her, she just rolled her eyes and put her legs in my lap instead.

“Why’ve you been up here for so long? You just kind of disappeared earlier” I chuckled.

“I wanted to beat my score on Pacman, and I wanted to get out of yours and Adams way incase you started fighting again” She laughed.

“That kid is weird” I stated.

“In what way?” She questioned as she sat up properly in her seat.

“I mean with everyone else except me he’s a decent person, then with me he’s Satan” I said as I ran a hand through my hair.

“You two bring out the worst in each other” She stated.

Maybe she was right.

“I guess so, It’s weird though, from how he’s gone from being a nice guy to being a bastard then to being nice with everyone else, I don’t understand it” I said genuinely confused.

“It’ll sort itself out…hopefully” She laughed.

“He’s a messed up guy” I sighed.

“You’re just as messed up Tay, you’re both as bad as each other”

“I know, I know” I chuckled.

That fifty bucks looks really far away at the moment, damnit.

“There’s no way I’m going to win this bet now” I laughed.

“You still can, you’ve still got just over five weeks, but if you really want it that bad you’ve got to do whatever it takes” She stated.

“Whatever it takes” I repeated.

Whatever it takes means being civil to Adam…this is going to be difficult.

“And here’s your opportunity” she whispered as she turned towards the door.

I imitated her action and looked towards the door, to see that Adam had just walked in.

Here goes nothing.