Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Fifteen.

“What am I meant to do?” I said in a loud whisper as I broke my gaze off of Adam and looked at her.

“Just go over and speak to him” She stated.

“And say what?! the kid hates me” I laughed.

“It’s worth a try though, isn’t it? It gets you closer to winning considering you would have made the effort to speak to him without insulting him”

“But it’s IMPOSSIBLE for me to talk to him normally, I’m used to chucking insults in my sentences” I sighed.

“Just give it a try, Taylor” She said as she placed an encouraging hand on my shoulder.

“Fine, fine” I gave in as I got up off of the sofa.

“But if I die, I’m blaming you” I playfully glared as I smacked her upside the head.

“Get going before I kill you myself” She laughed.

I walked slowly around the sofa to see that Adam was sat on the floor, genie style once more, with the infamous lyric sheet in one of his hands, a pen in the other. I made my way slowly and cautiously towards him, from the way I currently felt and was acting at that moment you could have sworn I was asking the guy out for heavens sake. As I neared him I took a deep breath and held it in for as song as I could, then exhaled silently. Much too soon for my liking I had reached Adam, though he paid no attention, he was lost in the sheet of lyrics. I just wanted to walk away so I turned my head around to see Lidia mouthing “No, talk to him” at me, Damn you Lidia.
I turned my head back around to see Adam was still lost in his sheet of lyrics so I took a deep breath and decided to sit down in front of him, facing him directly. I did it as quickly as I could so that I couldn’t change my mind. Adam finally tore his eyes off his work and looked at me sceptically.

“Uh…Hi?” I said, it came out as more of a question, though.

“If you’ve come to annoy me Rubano I-” I cut Adam off before he could finish his sentence.

“Hey Hey Hey, does it look like I’m going to annoy you?” I said as I held my hands up in defence.

Adam studied me to see if there was any fault in what I’d just said.

“I guess not?” He said confused.

I was just as confused as he was, this isn’t normal.

“So…how are you?” I asked trying to make small talk whilst rubbing the palms of my hands together nervously.

“I’m…good…thanks?” He replied, still looking at me as if I would insult him any second.

Yep I was definitely freaking him out.

“Look, even though we can’t stand each other, I do honestly think you’re a talented singer and lyricist” I said.

Adam looked at me as if I had three heads.

“Thank you…I…appreciate that” He said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“It’s no problem, I wouldn’t lie about something like that” I said genuinely, although I found it hard to smile.
Adam continued to rub the back of his neck and gave a small smile in return. He opened his mouth like he was going to speak but then closed it, he did this a few times before he finally spoke.

“So…what’s your favourite song of ours?” Adam asked me hesitantly.

I started at him in shock, he’d actually asked ME something, considering it was only me who’d been making the effort just minutes ago. I quickly snapped out of my sudden state of shock and replied.

“Liar, I think it’s amazing” I smiled for a split second.

I couldn’t believe it, I actually smiled…at my enemy of all people.

Adam smiled back in the same amount of time. We were actually speaking and not insulting each other…man this is weird.

We both turned to the door as we heard a few pairs of footsteps coming up the stairs into the practise and game room.

“I’m going to go back over there now…so…uh…bye?” I said awkwardly as I got up off of the floor and brushed myself off.

“Okay…uh…bye?” Adam replied as I began to walk away.

I just spoke to my enemy, without insulting him, I didn’t even think that was possible, I really didn’t.
I walked back over to where Lidia sat, a smirk plastered on her face. I just rolled my eyes at her and took my seat where I was previously sat at the same time as all the guys entered the room and made their way over to Adam.

“I told you” Lidia stated proudly.

“That was fucking weird, I mean, I just spoke to him… civilly” I replied.

“It wasn’t so bad was it?” She asked as she took a quick glance at everyone then returned her gaze to me.

“No it wasn’t but it was awkward as” I chuckled.

“It’ll get easier in time” She laughed.

“Eh, maybe, but I still can’t believe I just spoke to the guy who’s been my enemy for years, and civilly” I said in disbelief.

“I’m proud of you, kid” she teased as she ruffled my hair.

I pushed her hands off my hair and smoothed my now untamed hair back down.

“Hey! enough with the “kid” and hair ruffling, I am the same age as you, you dick” I laughed.

“True, but would you have spoke to Adam if I hadn’t have made you?” she questioned whilst smirking, knowing my answer before I’d even replied.

“No Lidia” I rolled my eyes then pushed her shoulder playfully.

“Exactly, don’t worry, I know I rock” Lidia said proudly.

“Chyeah right, you don’t rock as much as me” I stated back, just as proud.

“You wish, honey!” She taunted.

Before I could reply Matt shouted over towards us.

“Hey guys! We’re about to start, you coming to watch?” Matt asked as he put his bass strap over his head. Mark positioned himself on his drum kit, adjusting certain areas and making sure everything was alright, Fred started to tune his guitar, as did Eddie whilst Adam grabbed the microphone and turned it on.

“Come on, lets go and watch” Lidia exclaimed as she got off the sofa, grabbed my arm as dragged me over to where band practise was about to start. She sat down genie style on the floor and I mimicked her actions, getting comfortable.

This would be interesting.