Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Seventeen.

The guys played two more songs, Error Operator and What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost, needless to say they were absolutely amazing. My mind couldn’t help but think why Adam sung those particular lyrics to me, without a doubt he meant it in a “it takes a bastard to know a bastard” kind of way, which is true, actually. Although even though we spoke, nothing‘s changed. My thought train was broken by Matt’s voice pulling me back into reality.

“Has Adam told you about his new song?” Matt asked the rest of the band.

They all looked at Adam.

“What song?” Fred and Eddie questioned in unison.

“Just a song I wrote over the last two days” He replied.

“You’ve got to read it, I think it’ll be a hit” Matt grinned.

“Where are the lyrics?” Fred said anxiously.

“Here you go” Adam laughed at Fred’s eagerness.

Fred took the sheet out of Adam’s hand hurriedly and began scanning the lyrics. While Fred this everyone was silent, desperate to know what Fred thought and if he thought it could be a hit just like Matt did.

“Adam this is AMAZING! I agree with Matt, this could well be a hit” Fred exclaimed as he was in the process of handing the lyrics back to Adam but Mark leaned over his drum kit and had a quick scan of the lyrics, as did Eddie who went over to Mark to look over his shoulder.

“I agree” Mark smiled.

“Me too!” Eddie agreed.

“Thanks guys” Adam chuckled.

“I vote we start writing music for this as soon as” Fred suggested.

“Well we could get started right now?” Matt said.

“We’ll leave you to it, good luck!” I grinned as I stood up and pulled Lidia up with me.

We exited the room and I pulled the door handle behind me as Lidia began to walk to down the stairs, with me following in pursuit. We both thought it’d be nice to get out for a few hours considering it was only around three in the afternoon so I grabbed my cell and a ten dollar bill and met Lidia in the hallway.

“Ready to go?” She asked as she shoved one of her hands in her jean pockets.

“Hell yeah” I smiled.

Lidia opened the door for me to go out and followed behind me, shutting the door.
I took that opportunity to look at my surroundings, the bright blue sky and the thin wispy clouds that filled the air, man, I loved New York.

“So where do you want to go?” Lidia asked as she then placed her other hand in her jean pocket.

“How about a park?” I suggested.

I loved parks, especially the really quiet ones where you can relax and be left alone with your thoughts.

“Sounds good” Lidia agreed as she led me to their local park which was only about a five minute walk.

We entered the park and to my delight, it was deserted even though it was one of the nicest days I’d seen so far, so it was strange, but hey, who am I to complain?
I have a thing where when I sit in parks I don’t sit on the benches, I sit on the floor and lean against the tree trunks, I think it’s awesome, so that’s exactly what I did. I walked over to a tree that had crisp brown and golden leaves hanging off of the branches and placed myself on the bottom of the trunk whilst leaning my head back on the wood. Lidia just stood there and looked at me like I was crazy.

“You know there’s a bench right there, right?” She questioned as she pointed to the bench that was to her left.

“Yep I know, but this is comfortable” I replied.

Lidia walked over to me and sat down by the side of me, mimicking my actions.

“You’re right, this is comfortable” she grinned.

“Told you I rock” I said with fake proudness.

“Yeah, whatever you say” she laughed as she rolled her eyes and pushed my shoulder lightly.

“So what were you thinking about earlier?” Lidia questioned.

I just sighed in response.

“Come on, you said you’d tell me” She replied.

“I know I know, it’s just, you obviously noticed when Adam looked at me and sang “it takes one to know one” right?”

She nodded in response and motioned for me to continue.

“It got me thinking about everything, It has made me realise we’re both as bad as each other, and being civil was fucking weird” I chuckled.

“You really are ha-ha, you’re like the same person but different genders” Lidia chuckled.

I chuckled in response.

“It’ll all sort out though, even if it means you hate each other for the rest of your lives or at least be civil” She laughed.

“True that, man I’m hungry, lets go get ice-cream!” I exclaimed as I jumped up off the tree trunk and extended an arm to help her up.

“You’re one strange kid!” She smirked as she linked her arm with mine.

“Thanks, I know” I chuckled.

“And HEY! enough of the kid!” I scoffed.