Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty.

I jumped out of my seat and raced to the door, pulling on the handle the second I reached it, even though I knew I was locked in, I thought it’d still be worth a try, but of course, it proved to be useless.

“I’m going to kill all of you! Let me out!” I whined as I banged on the door.

“No can do, you two need to sort this out” Lidia chuckled from behind the door.

“Matt help me out here?” I begged.

I know it wouldn’t work, but what happened to helping family out?!

“No can do favourite cousin of mine” He laughed.

“I can’t cope in here! Especially not with him of all people!” I screeched as I hit my fist pathetically against the door.

“You’re not getting out of there until you come to some sort of truce or agree to stop insulting each other as much or something along those lines” Fred said.

“But that’s not going to happen!” I protested.

“It did happen earlier, Taylor. Don’t forget you’ve done it once, so surely you can talk again and make a little more progress?” Lidia replied.

“This isn’t right! I shouldn’t be locked in a room with my enemy!” I screeched.

“Well maybe you can get past the enemy thing, who knows” Matt said.

“I highly doubt it” I chuckled half heartedly.

“Try, we’ll be back in a couple of hours” Lidia said as she moved away from the door.

Great, now I really was alone with this…Adam.

I turned myself around to lean my back on the door and sighed, I glanced over at Adam who was currently sat where he had been whilst we watched the film well when I say “watched” I mean argued, ha-ha.

“So I guess we really are stuck in here then” He said coldly.

I made my way over to him and stopped directly in front.

“Look, I don’t want to be here as much as you don’t, maybe even more” I shrugged as I took a seat on the floor, genie style.

“You didn’t always use to be such an asshole, what happened, Adam?” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“You didn’t always use to be such a bitch, what happened, Taylor?” He mimicked.

“For fuck sake Adam, I’m asking you a question.” I retorted.

“Things change” He shrugged as he rolled his eyes at me.

“So that’s your answer to why you’ve become such a dick?”

“Yeah, pretty much” He smirked.

“I really don’t understand you Adam Lazzara, you’re fine around everyone but yet you’re a complete and utter dickhead to me.”
“It’s because I don’t like you” He stated.

“Yeah, the feeling’s very mutual” I spat back.

“You know what, Rubano?”

“What?” I said irritably.

“I don’t know what happened” He said genuinely.

“Lets just not talk about that now, let’s just try and be civil so we can get out of here sooner” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“So..uh..did you enjoy band practise?” Adam asked quietly, almost to himself from how quiet it was.

“Yeah I did, you guys are awesome” I said genuinely.

“It’s weird, huh? How we can talk like this now but not when everyone else is around”

“Yeah I guess it is…it’s a little weird, but it’s kind of nice to not have to reply to your insults for once”
I lightly chuckled.

“Yeah, it is” Adam agreed.

“Lets face it though, we’re not going to sort out everything in here because as soon as we leave we’ll be at each other’s throats” I sighed.

“That’s true, but maybe we can change it a little bit”

“How so?” I questioned.

“I know we’re still going to insult each other and stuff but we can try and reduce the amounts of arguments we have in a day” Adam suggested.

“Yeah I think we could do that” I said as I smiled at little.

“It seems we can only be civil or make small talk when it’s just us” Adam stated.

“So it does seem, it’s probably because nothing major can set us off ha-ha”

“Rubano you make us sound like guns” Adam said as he smiled slightly.

“But it’s true, you feel the need to annoy me and insult me and the feeling’s mutual so the littlest things set us off, for instance you chucking popcorn at me and me chucking water over you” I laughed.

“You’ve got a point there”

“This is such a change from us being at each others throats every second” I chuckled

“It’s really weird.. Like really weird but it’s nice to be able to be civil.” Adam smiled.

“I agree, it’s very weird, but nice to be civil every once in a while”

“Well considering we’re going to be here for a good few hours and it’s, I’m guessing, about five thirty-ish we need to think of something to keep us occupied” Adam suggested.

“I have no idea” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair once again.

“Uh..how about twenty questions?”
“That game sucks, it’ll make time go slower” I chuckled.

“How about…uh…singing?” He said awkwardly.

“Singing? That’d be a good idea if I could sing” I stated.

“It doesn’t matter if you can’t, singing it is. What do you want to sing?” He asked.

“Erm…how about Liar?” I asked.

“Okay, sounds good”

#Adam #Taylor #Both

All our secrets they are tailored trouble
Draped loose now around your hips
Your spotless instincts are valid
We coexist
Got 26 days to work with
(got 26 days)
We got 26 days to work with (it moves, it moves, it moves)
We'll see what all gets done

I'm an addict for dramatics
I confuse the two for love
You can tell me that you don't beg


Liar (Liar)
If we're keeping score
We're all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant
Liar Liar
If we're keeping score
We're all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant


Got 26 days to work with (got 26 days)
Then back on that island
That you swear by
Still barely can't afford
It's still a question of
How long will this hold?

Is it any different now that we are
Don't you go there not here, not now

(it moves, it moves, it moves)
Not here, not now

I'm an addict for dramatics
I confuse the two for love
You can tell me that you don't beg


Liar(liar)
If we're keeping score
We're all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant

Liar (liar)
If we're keeping score
We’re all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant


We're all choir boys at best

Liar (liar)
If we're keeping score
We're all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant

Liar(liar)
If we're keeping score
We're all choir boys at best
Intrusive and arrogant

Liar (liar)
Liar (liar)
It takes one to know one

Once we’d finished singing I couldn’t help but give a small smile, that was actually…fun.

“That was pretty cool” Adam chuckled.

“Indeedy" I agreed.

I knew being civil wouldn’t last for that long, so why not make the most of it until we’re throwing insults at each other again? I wasn’t going to pass up that opportunity.. Plus I could think of more insults..heh.