Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty One.

I think Lidia, Matt, Mark, Eddie and Fred had forgotten about Adam and I being locked in a room together considering they said they’d “be back in a couple of hours” which means like two, right? Well they didn’t come back for at least four, I realised it was way past “two hours” when I looked outside and the sun was setting. What if we’d gotten in a fist fight or something?! I mean really, unreliable gits.
Luckily for them there was no fighting or insulting, actually. We’d agreed to try and control our insulting and fighting from now on, I must admit, when Adam’s mouth wasn’t running a mile twenty four-seven he was an okay person to talk too, I mean, he has a lot of opinions but that’s a good and bad thing I guess. Good because he speaks his mind but bad because he doesn’t know when to stop.
We’d spent the hours that we’d been left in here locked in together just trying to hold a conversation and act civil towards each other, it wasn’t going that bad, all things considered.

“So where do you get the inspiration to write your songs?” I asked, curiously.

I’d always wanted to know where the inspiration came from for Adam to write such good songs, but obviously we never spoke properly, just insulted each other. So I thought why not ask him when we’re not at each others throats? I was making the most of not having to think of an insult to use against him at that moment in time even though I knew as soon as we’d leave this room we’d be back to square one all over again.

“Emotions play a very big part in my songs” He replied as he relaxed on the sofa.

I was still sat genie style on the floor, it was, in all honesty, pretty darn comfy.

“Yeah I would’ve thought so” I said as I smile slightly.

“Do you play any instruments?”

“Yeah, I play a little bit of Bass” I replied.

“Following in your cousins footsteps?” Adam smiled.

“You betcha” I chuckled.

Silence filled the air once more, we found it hard to have an on-going conversation considering I never thought, and I’m pretty sure Adam did too, that we’d ever be talking civilly to each other, it’s funny how things work out.

“So how’re things back home?” Adam asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Not bad, thanks. Nice to have a change of scenery though, especially as nice as it is here”

“New York does that to you” He chuckled.

“You know it’s going to be hard, right?” I said seriously.

“What is? Us trying to be civil to each other?” Adam questioned.

“Yeah, it’s not going to happen straight away, considering we’ve been arguing for years, and technically will still be, just throwing a bit of decency is a sense, around here and there”

“Yeah it’s not going to happen for a while” Adam agreed.

“This hasn’t been that bad though, considering I’m locked in a room with my enemy”

“Ditto, c’mon, let’s hug it out” He laughed as he stood up.

“I don’t do hugs” I said hesitantly.

Of course I did hugs, but even though I’ve been civilly speaking to Adam it doesn’t mean I like him or that I trust him, that would take hell of a long time.

“Everyone does hugs” He chuckled as he walked towards me.

I just rolled my eyes and gave half a smile. “Fine.”

I stood up and walked the few steps it’d take me to reach Adam who hesitantly opened his arms, trust me, I was just as hesitant to walk into them. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around me, it felt really weird though, all things considered but I wasn’t expecting anything else.
I broke the hug as I started to feel kind of awkward, I mean, it was only a few hours ago we were condemning each other to hell technically ha-ha. It was quite lucky though considering that about ten minutes later the door was unlocked and Lidia poked her head around the door, and it’d look a bit weird if we’d hugged then.

“So you two haven’t killed each other then?” She chuckled as she entered the room with Matt, Fred, Eddie and Mark in pursuit.

“Not yet” Adam laughed.

“You know we could have ended up in a fist fight, right?” I glared.

“But you didn’t, that’s the main thing” Lidia smiled.

“But if we did, I would’ve beaten Adam any day” I stated proudly.

“You wish, Rubano” He said as he rolled his eyes.

Told you it wouldn’t last long, ha-ha.

“I would, and you know it”

“Have you noticed how small you are? You’d bite my ankles” he smirked.

“Oh that’s it I will beat you down so hard I-” I was cut off by Matt’s sudden yelling.

“Taylor, Adam… SHUT UP!” He sighed.

“See, locking us in here didn’t do anything at all” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“I agree for the first and last time with Taylor on that” Adam said as he too rolled his eyes.

“Well it was worth a try” Lidia shrugged.

“Well considering you dork heads left us in here for hours on end, I’m going to chill in my room” I announced to everyone as I got up from where I’d repositioned myself which was of course on the floor after the really awkward hug.

“More like you’re going to sleep at like eight at night” Adam smirked as he rolled his eyes.

“Whatever you say, Lazzara” I said as I flipped him off.

I walked over to Matt, Lidia, Eddie, Fred and Mark and hugged them each in turn.

“Adios Amigos!” I saluted as I left the room and made my way towards the stairs.

That was an interesting yet bloody weird few hours I thought to myself. And it was indeed that, considering I’d been locked in a room with my enemy for about four hours, had a quite civil yet in some places awkward conversation with said enemy and I was totally and completely confused by it. I have high doubts about us agreeing to be civil, I’m going to find it very difficult and I know Adam will aswell, that’s why I can’t see me trusting him or being friends with him for a real long time, maybe this civil thing won’t get us anywhere, who knows, doubts were clouding my judgement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :)
Xo.