Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Six.

Before I knew it the group of people in the bumper cars were being let out and it was go time.

“You might aswell pay up now, Rubano, you know you’re going to lose” Adam said as he started making his way towards the gate.

“I think not Lazzara, you better pay up now, you know I’m going to kick your ass” I scoffed as I followed behind him.

“We’ll see.”

Adam made his way through the gate that the guy I’d spoken to earlier held and walked towards the variety of different coloured bumper cars.

“You look like you’re going to kill someone” The guy who held the gate said to me.

“Ha-ha, it’s how I look when I’m determined to do something” I chuckled.

“What’re you going to do?” He questioned.

“Kick that guy over there’s ass at bumper cars” I said as I pointed to Adam so that he could see who I was talking about.

“Well good luck!” He laughed.

I smiled in response and made my way over to a light blue and black zebra style bumper car which looked so awesome and climbed in.

“You ready to pay up yet?” Adam smirked.

“You wish” I scoffed as I buckled my seatbelt.

We had to wait about ten minutes for all the other bumper cars to be filled before we could start, but soon enough we were ready to go.

“Everyone ready?!” The guy from inside the booth who controls the cars asked.

Everyone cheered in response.

“Okay, let’s kick it!” The guy cheered.

The bumper cars started up and we were off.

I loved bumper cars, just for the fact that you could crash into other people and they didn’t give a toss and you’d just laugh about it, but this time it was a little more serious, I was going to kick Adam Lazzara’s ass.

I stayed quite close to the edge at first with one bumper car in front and one behind me so that Adam couldn’t hit me and so I could think of a plan of attack. Adam wasn’t that far away but he was currently battling it out with this other guy, time to attack. I came off of the edge turning my steering wheel to the left and made my way towards the middle, and luckily for me, Adam’s bumper car had it’s back towards me so he couldn’t see me coming.

Smack.

Adam whipped his head around so he could see who had just bashed into him and glared at me.

“Oh it’s on” He glared as he turned his wheel so that he could come at me head first.

“Bring it!” I smirked as I spun my steering wheel and drove away from him.
I have to say, when Adam’s determined to do something he puts everything into it, like with trying to crash into me for example, it felt like I hardly had a second to breathe before he attempted to attack me, and when I say attempted, I mean it. Even though I know he wanted to beat me, I’m pretty sure I’d smacked into him a few more times than he had me, he smacked into me head on at one point though, it was awesome, not that he smacked into me, but the feeling of the crashing, yes, I’m weird I like the feeling, ha-ha. I’d say after we were five minutes in and we only had about five minutes left, the competitiveness we both shared began to kick in, it got to the point where we didn’t care about hitting anyone else except each other.
Adam tried to hit my head on again so I let him think he was going to hit me, but then swerved at the last second, so my car hit the back of his.

“Oh, you’re going down Rubano!” Adam yelled.

“Haven’t you noticed I’ve hit you about double the amount of times you’ve hit me? I think I’ve already won” I smirked in triumph.

Just as Adam was about to say something though, a voice come on over the over-head, previously the man who sat in the control booth had apologised to us all because the over-head speakers weren’t working but it looks like he’d got them to work in the end, score. All the bumper cars came to a sudden halt.

“Okay, who wants to pick a song?!” The man asked as he got out of the booth, microphone in hand, to ask all the non-participating teenagers outside of the bumper car area.

“I want to pick a song!” A short girl about sixteen with black hair and turquoise streaks asked.

“Okay what song do you want?” He questioned.

She walked over to him and told him what song she wanted, but not into the microphone, so none of us had any idea what she’d requested to be played.

“That I can do” He nodded.

The girl just grinned and returned to her previous position, leaning against the bar like I did, earlier.

The man got back into the booth and his voice boomed over-head, once more.

“Okay, so here’s the song the lovely girl asked me to play!” He cheered as he played the song.

I recognised it straight away.

Adam and I looked at each other.

Liar.

Man, it must be weird hearing your voice on the radio, let alone on an over-head speaker.

“Five minutes left guys!” The guy exclaimed as he pushed the button so we could start again.

I spun my steering wheel around so that I could go and see how many times I could crash into Adam in the last five minutes. It was a really competitive atmosphere between both of us, we both wanted to win.

“I’m an addict for dramatics I confuse the two for love” I sang as I smacked into him, head on.

“You can tell me that you don’t beg” He sang, exactly in tune with the over-head speakers as he moved past me for a split second then rammed his bumper car into my left side.

“Liar! If we’re keeping score” I sang as I tried to think of a way to smack into him effectively.

“We’re all choir boys at best” Adam sang.

“Intrusive and arrogant" I sang as he rolled his eyes at me.

The song was nearly over, and so was our game, so I wanted to end it with one all mighty smack into Adam so that I’d definitely win. I drove away from him for a minute whilst I thought of a plan, but then I realised there was no cars going around the edge behind him. Perfect.
I pushed the pedal down as far as it would go and turned my steering wheel so I was directly in line with Adam, and lucky once again for me, he wasn’t paying much attention.

Bang.

“FUCK YEAH! I WIN!” I exclaimed just as the man pushed the button to end our game, the song hadn’t ended yet though.

“Liar!” He glared.

“Liar” I smirked.

“It takes one to know one!” We shouted in unison.

The song ended and the voice once again came on over the over-head speakers.

“Okay that’s it everyone! Have an awesome day!” He cheered as everyone started to exit their bumper cars.

I unbuckled my belt and stepped out, walking over to Adam who’d just gotten out seconds before me.

“Pay up!” I smirked.

“You cheated!” He exclaimed.

“Sure I did, you’re just a sore loser” I scoffed.

“Whatever you say, I say I won, so therefore I keep my money”

“If you make a bet, you’re meant to stick to it you tosser, but fine, I don’t need your money anyway” I said as I rammed my shoulder into his and began to walk away.

“I hate you, Rubano!” He shouted as he began to walk from somewhere behind me.

“I hate you just as much, you loser!” I shouted back as I walked out.

I half smiled.

I won, SCORE!