Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Seven.

I walked out of the bumper car area and back into the main fair. I had no idea what to do next, and it felt like I had all the time in the world, well, about five hours ha-ha.

“Hey Rubano, why‘re you walking so fast? Scared I might beat you?!” Adam shouted from somewhere behind me.

I began to speed up just to annoy him anymore. I didn’t get that far away from the bumper cars but when I realised Adam wasn’t following or shouting anymore and curiosity got the better of me, So I turned around. I saw him talking to the girl who’d requested “Liar” to be played, she probably was a pretty big fan. I still hadn’t gotten used to how nice Adam was around other people, like take this fan for example, he had no problem taking a picture with her or hugging her goodbye, man, this kid confused me. After she had thanked him once for I’m guessing, and walked away, he made his way over to me.

“Woah, who knew you could actually be nice?” I smirked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“You make me out to be Satan” Adam said as he rolled his eyes at me.

“You are Satan”

“You are just a sore loser who can’t face I won” Adam scoffed.

You won? No I’m pretty sure I did, considering I crashed into you about double the amount of times you did to me” I pointed out as I began to walk slowly.

“Keep telling yourself that, Rubano” He chuckled half heartedly as he walked beside me.

Ah this kid is so annoying, I want to go and have fun, damnit!

“So, Adam has a fan then?” I said as I wove my way through the crowd of people, him in pursuit.

“Yeah, she just asked for a picture and asked how things were going with the band and if we were doing another music video soon, stuff like that”

“That’s pretty cool, are you? Doing another music video soon I mean?” I asked.

Why am I being civil?! AH!

“Erm, possibly one in a few weeks, we’re not entirely sure yet, plus we’ve got the get the music and sound correct on the song first”

“That’s pretty awesome, what song? Or is it the one I’m “forbidden” to look at?” I said as I did quotations on the “forbidden”.

“It’s nothing personal, Rubano” Adam smirked.

“Sureeee it’s not, Lazzara. Like I believe that” I scoffed.

“Believe what you want” He shrugged.

“Oh I will”

I had no idea what direction I was headed because there was like I said, so much to do. From afar I could see a couple and a man who looked a lot like Matt, Lidia and Fred. Fred stood opposite to Matt and Lidia who were stood in front of water cannons. You know the things where you put water in them and you aim then press the button to release the water and soak the victim? Those. I had one hell of an idea.

“Oh I see, so now you’re ignorant on top of everything else too? No wonder I dislike you Rubano” Adam said pulling me out of my thoughts.

“I’ve got one awesome idea” I smirked, completely ignoring what he just said, It really didn’t bother me that he didn’t like me, because trust me when I say I don’t like him just as much, ha-ha.

“What is it?” He asked.

I explained my plan to him as he walked quickly to where Lidia and Matt were stood. As we neared we hid behind the crowds of people that were all stood huddling around each other so that there was no chance at all we could be seen by any of them if they decided to turn around at any point or if Fred looked around. Lucky for us we were covered by the crowds right until we got to the water cannons and crept behind them slowly, careful not to make a sound. I took the one that was behind Matt and Adam took the one that was behind Lidia.

“I wonder what Taylor’s doing right now, I hope she hasn’t killed Adam ha-ha” Matt chuckled.

I just rolled my eyes and smirked.

This my friends, was going to be good.

“You can see those two ending up together can’t you?” Fred laughed.

My face dropped as Adam and I both looked at each other with the same hateful expression.

That was never going to happen.

Adam held his fingers up to begin the countdown.

“One” He held one finger up.

“Two” I mouthed.

“THREE!” We shouted in unison as we pushed the button that enabled us to soak all three of them. After a few seconds we popped up to find that Lidia and Matt hadn’t turned around yet.

“What the?!” Lidia shrieked.

“SURPRISE!” I exclaimed as Matt and Lidia turned around and Fred looked up.

Adam and I just laughed as he held his hand up for a high-five, I didn’t know whether to trust it but in the end I couldn't be bothered to contemplate so I just high-fived him.

“Well, looks like you two are getting along” Matt smirked.

“Are you kidding? He just wanted in on my amazing plan” I scoffed.

“More like you asked for my help” Adam retorted.

“LIAR!” I said as I gritted my teeth.

“Takes one to know one” He glared.

“Okay okay break it up” Fred laughed.

“But it worked, ya’ll are now soaked, SCORE!” I cheered.

“You know if it wasn’t such a nice warm day I would have killed you by now because I would’ve been freezing?” Lidia smirked as she squeezed her t-shirt sleeves to try and drain the water out of them.

“Oh I know, ha-ha” I chuckled.

“So where are you two off now?” Matt asked as he shook his hair, getting me wet.

“Eww Matt! And I am going to go on the rollercoaster, and Lidia is coming with me” I said as I wiped some of the water off of my face.

“I am?” She questioned.

“Hell yeah you are!” I cheered.

“Dudes, I’ll verse you two on the bumper cars” Fred smirked to Adam and Matt.

“You’re on!” They both replied in unison.

“Right, we’ll see you three later, have fun!” Lidia exclaimed as she grabbed my arm.

“Kick their asses, Matt!” I cheered as Lidia pulled me away slowly.

“HEY! WHAT ABOUT ME?! WHERE’S MY GOOD LUCK?!” Fred demanded.

“Good luck Fred! KICK THEIR ASSES MATT!” I winked.

“Oh, how nice!” Fred said as he rolled his eyes playfully.

“You know I love you, Mascherino!”

“Yeah, Yeah” Fred chuckled as Matt, Adam and himself began to walk away.

Lidia and I made our way through the crowds of people that had definitely expanded in the time we’d been at the fair, and made our way in the direction of the rollercoaster.

“How’s it hangin’?” Lidia asked as she walked by my side.

“Pretty good, I beat Adam’s loser ass on the bumper cars” I smirked.

“Ha-ha, nice one! I bet he’s saying he won though, right?” She questioned.

“That’s exactly what he’s doing” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“How’s it hangin’ with you? What’ve you done so far?” I grinned.

“Matt and I had a game on hook the duck ha-ha, I totally won” She cheered as she dug her hand in her pocket, pulling out a Spongebob key ring in triumph.

“Hell yeah! That’s awesome” I chuckled.

“So Adam’s still being a douche, huh?” She asked as she placed the key ring back in her pocket.

“Of course, although the funniest thing happen, when we were on the bumper cars the man in the booth asked for song requests, and this girl wanted to request a song and it turns out he did have that song so he could play it, guess what it was?”

“Erm..I’m not sure?” She said, a confused expression playing on her face.

“Liar” I laughed.

“Ha-ha that’s pretty cool, so she was a Taking Back Sunday fan then I’m guessing?”

“Yeah I’m pretty sure she was, otherwise she wouldn’t have gotten a picture with Adam ha-ha, it’s weird to see, ya know? Adam being nice” I said as we made our way onto the path that lead down to the rollercoaster entrance.

“Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from, but everyone has a nice side, right?”

“True, but I personally find it difficult to see Adam’s, considering we argue all the time” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“Talk a bit more, maybe you’ll see it then?” She suggested.

“I guess I could try, but no promises” I said as I kicked a little stone that was on the path.

“I honestly do know what you mean though, but forget about that now, IT’S ROLLERCOASTER TIME!” She cheered as we were nearly at the end of the path by the entrance.

“HELL YEAH!” I grinned.

It’s go time.