Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty.

It was really weird, talking civilly with Adam Lazzara. Let me tell you, when Matt told Lidia that we were going to try and get along she gave me that all knowing smirk, that girl needs a slap, ha-ha. She really didn’t understand the truth behind the words “I don’t like him, we’re not even friends” very well.
I’d say we were still stuck there for about another twenty minutes until we were finally getting somewhere, and by that I mean the tow truck arriving.

“Okay the nearest gas station is about three miles from here, we’ll take you there, you’re welcome to either sit in the car as we tow you or ride in our truck” A short rounded man, or the tow truck driver said.

Well I wasn’t sure what anyone else wanted to do, but I wanted to ride in the car just for the simple fact no-one would be driving it and if you ignored the fact we were being towed it would be like we were moving with no-one driving, you know like in Final Destination Three when Kevin and Wendy are at the fast food drive thru and that huge truck comes towards them and no-ones driving? Exactly like that, scoreeeeee.

“I want to ride in the car!” I exclaimed as I jumped down off of the wooden fence and made my way over to everyone.

“Well Mark, Eddie and I will go on and meet you back at the house, okay?” Fred said to Matt.

“Yeah okay, that sounds good, here’s the key” Matt said as he tossed the house key to Fred who caught it straight away.

“Which one are you riding in?” Adam asked from the side of me, startling me a bit, I swear to god this kid was a creeping Jesus.

“I’m riding in the car, HELL YEAH!” I cheered.

“It’s all about tow trucks!” Adam argued.

“Whatever you say, Lazzara” I scoffed.

“What about you guys, what are you riding in?” Adam questioned Matt and Lidia.

“Lidia’ll be riding in the truck with you and I’m riding in my car with Taylor” Matt replied.

“Sounds like a plan!” I grinned.

As this conversation was taking place no-one realised that the tow truck had already connected the car to the back of it, I swear we all had a thing where we paid no attention to our surroundings when we talked to each other, ha-ha.

“Okay so we’ll meet you at the gas station” Matt said as he leaned down to kiss Lidia.

“URGH, PDA!” I exclaimed as I covered my eyes playfully.

“You wait till you have a boyfriend, that’s all I’ll be saying to you” Matt smirked.

“Sure you will Matty, sure you will” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

“Right, time to go!” The tow truck driver announced.

“See you soon, losers!” I cheered as I walked away from them and walked the few steps around the car and opened the passengers side, jumping in.

Matt joined me about five minutes later. I’d say it was about five minutes after that that things started picking up and we were soon being towed to the nearest gas station.

“Man, this is fun” I exclaimed as I relaxed.

“I agree, so, you know what I’m going to ask you, don’t you?” Matt questioned.

I had a pretty good feeling what he was going to ask me.

“Yes I do, and No, I don’t” I stated truthfully.

“Why is everyone asking me this?! I can’t stand the guy for heavens sake” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“Nah I’m just wondering just incase you did, I just want you to know you can tell me anything okay Taylor?” Matt said placing a reassuring hand upon my shoulder.

“Of course I know that, you douche” I grinned. “I would tell you if I did, but I’m one thousand percent sure I don’t”

“I didn’t think you did, I was just curious”

“What made you want to ask that?” I asked curiously.

“I’m not too sure, but a few people think you’ll get together eventually” Matt chuckled.

I was horrified, I mean, obviously Adam is good looking because I did used to like him but no, just no.

“Who?” I asked in disbelief.

“Fred, Lidia, Me” He mumbled himself quietly, hoping I wouldn’t pick up on it, but I did.

“You?” I questioned.

“Anything can happen” He stated shrugging his shoulders.

“Not this, definitely not this” I stated as I began to fidget with my necklace.

“Well aslong as you know you can tell me anything” Matt said as he turned his head and smiled.

“Same for you” I grinned ruffling his hair.

“Don’t start, Rubano!” He groaned.

“Fine, fine Rubano” I chuckled.

It went into a comfortable silence after that, both of us wrapped up in our own thoughts. I knew for a fact I didn’t like Adam and really didn’t understand why people thought I did considering it’s only now I’ve agreed to attempt to be civil with the guy and I’ve made that very clear that we’re not even friends haven’t I?. But it’s nice to know I have people there for me, like Matt and Lidia, after only spending a few days here it feels to me as if I live here and that I’ve known everyone my whole life, well except Matt, because that’s true when it comes to him ha-ha. I think I’ve had more fun here over the last few days than I’ve had in one hell of a long time in England to be completely honest. Matt had such a big heart, he’d always been there looking out for me and always knew something was wrong with me before I knew it, I know it sounds really mushy, but he wasn’t just my cousin, he was my best friend.

I got pulled out of my train of thoughts by us suddenly coming to a halt, we were at the gas station.

“Matt?” I said as I nudged him in the ribs lightly to snap him out of his thoughts.

“Huh?” He questioned coming back to reality and looking at me, confused.

“We’re here” I chuckled, motioning with my head for him to look in front of him.

“And so we are!” He laughed.

We both stepped out of the car just as Lidia and Adam jumped out of the tow truck.

“Man, that was AWESOME!” I grinned.

Lidia and Adam just laughed at me in response.

“It was definitely better than riding in a tow truck” I said to Adam.

“Sureeee it was” Adam scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

“Shut up, it so was!” I exclaimed as I bounced up and now on my heels.

Before anything else could be said on the topic of which was better, riding in a tow truck or being towed Matt spoke.

“I’m going to go and fill this up with gas, I’ll be about five minutes” He announced.

“I’ll come with you” Lidia smiled.

“Ooh! I wonder if the service station will have sour-patch kids?!” I questioned.

Adam just tilted his head to the side and looked at me, amused.

“Could you get any weirder?” He laughed.

“Probably” I shrugged as I walked away and headed towards the service station.

I pushed the door open and stepped inside, scanning the shelves for my one and only love, sour-patch kids. Much to my delight they didn’t have the smalls bags, they only had the big ones for fifty cents more, score. I walked up to the cashier as he scanned the bag, I handed him the money and he handed me back the change, now, I was happy. I walked the few steps to the door, pulled it open and stepped through, ripping the top off of the big packet of sour-patch kids and putting my hand inside. Much to my surprise I noticed that Matt and Lidia had finished filling the car with gas and were leaning back against it, talking to Adam.

“What’s up homies!” I grinned as I dug my hand back into the packet.

“Oh god, not sour-patch kids” Matt chuckled.

“What’s wrong with sour-patch kids?” Adam questioned as he looked at the bag, then me, then back to Matt.

“Taylor has an obsession” He laughed.

“That I do, they are definitely too cool for school” I said as I dug my hand back in again.

“Right, home we go!” Matt announced as himself and Lidia moved from their positions of leaning against the car. Matt walked around to the drivers side and let himself in as Lidia did the same.

“You’re taller, hence you have longer legs, you can walk around” I stated as I went to grab the handle to open the door.

“What if I disagree?” He stated.

“Hmm” I said as I pretended to think of a comeback as I opened the door as fast as I could and jumped inside.

“You loser” He laughed.

“Loser? Psh, you’d give anything to be as cool as me” I joked.

“Sure I would Rubano, keep telling yourself that” He said.

“Ohhhh I will Lazzara” I chuckled as he walked around to the car to the other door.

It was no longer than ten minutes that we were back at the house and getting out of the car, Fred’s car was already parked up, they were all probably raiding the cupboards for food or something, ha-ha.
My eyes suddenly started to feel heavy so I came to the decision that I’d grab a can of Mountain Dew and head to bed. Matt was the first one to walk up the stairs to the house, turning the knob and pushing the door open so we could all go in, followed by Me, then Lidia, and lastly Adam, who shut the door behind him. Fred, Eddie and Mark were sat in the living room, surrounded by bags of chips and candy.
What did I say? Ha.

“I see you’ve cleared out my cupboards” Matt laughed.

“What can I say, we were hungry!” Fred grinned.

My eyes started to feel even heavier.

“Guys, I’m going to bed, I think I’ll just collapse and sleep here if I don’t” I chuckled tiredly.

“Okay, night Taylor” Matt said as everyone chorused a “night” to me.

I walked the short walk to the kitchen and to the fridge, pulling the door open I grabbed a can of Mountain Dew then shutting it after looking if there was anything else that I wanted from there.

“What’s your MSN?” I heard from behind me, making me jump.

I was met with the face of Adam Lazzara, laughing at me.

“Stop doing that! You’re going to give me a heart attack!” I screeched as I waiting for my heart rate to return to normal.

“Sorry” I chuckled.

“RubanoTaylor36 at hotmail dot com” I sighed as I felt my heart rate start to return to normal, stupid Adam.

“Why?” I questioned.

“Just if I’m ever bored now, I can torture you” He smirked.

“Whatever” I said as I rolled my eyes, walking past him, and made my way to the stairs.

I took them two at a time and in no longer than two minutes I was outside of my bedroom.
I turned the knob so that it’d open and stepped inside, shutting it behind me. Even though I was still pretty tired I realised I hadn’t checked my Myspace or Facebook for a while. I walked over to my bed side, opening the can of Mountain Dew and placing it on my desk as I sat myself down on my bed, pulling my laptop case up with me. I pushed the lid up and turned it on, and much to my luck it didn’t take that long to load yet again, I think it was having a few off days, not that I’m complaining, ha-ha.
I clicked on the windows icon and scrolled the list to find MSN, considering I’d not spoken to some of my friends back home for a few days, not even my best friend which made me feel pretty guilty, so I clicked on the MSN icon and as soon as it loaded I typed in my email and my password. As it all loaded and signed me in I noticed at box in the left hand corner of my screen.
Adam. {AdamTBS@hotmail.com} has added you as a friend then two the buttons below accept and decline.
I just accepted him for the sheer fact that I could harass him and wind him up online aswell as in person now, score. The noise that signified someone had signed in went off.

Adam. has just signed in.

This was going to be interesting.