Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty One.

A little flashing box popped up on the side of my screen.

Adam. Loser.

Tayluh. Bitchface.

Tayluh. Why the hell are you talking to me on here?

Adam. charming, charming.

Tayluh. Shut up. You know what I mean!

Adam. How do you know I know? I might actually be offended by what you just said.

Tayluh. Pfft, yeah, right.

Adam. You just aren’t a nice person, are you?

Tayluh. Whatchu talking about? I invented the word “nice”.

Adam. You’re the opposite of the word, Rubano.

Tayluh. You’re a hypocriteeeee, Lazzara.

Adam. And why’s that?

Tayluh. Because you wanted us to be “civil” and yet you’re attempting to bully me, it isn’t working, you fail.

Adam. Shut up, you fail.

Tayluh. Your mom fails.

Adam. Your cousin fails.

Tayluh. You love my cousin.

Adam. It’d be a bit weird if I hated your cousin, considering we’re one kick-ass band.

Tayluh. The band is kick-ass, but you fail.

Adam. And you say I’m the bully.

Tayluh. I’m not bullying, I’m stating the truth.

Adam. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Tayluh. STFU Lazzara.

The conversation Adam and I had that night basically revolved around hell of a lot of insults and “you fail“. I started to feel tired again, more so than last time, so I thought it’d be best to actually go to sleep before I fell asleep on my keyboard, man that would’ve been funny, waking up the next morning to see loads of random letters that my head would’ve typed, ha-ha. I looked at the time icon on the right side of my computer screen which read “11:40 PM” It wasn’t really that early either so I didn’t look weird for going to bed, ha-ha.

Adam. Where’ve you gone? have the Aliens eaten you yet? I hope they have.

Tayluh. Yeah, and you call me weird, take a look at yoself.

Adam. I’m not half as weird as you.

Tayluh. Sureee you’re not, liar.

Tayluh. Anyway douche I’m going to bed, then you can stop harassing me.

Adam. Whatever, goodbye Loser.

Tayluh. Adios, bitchface.

I signed out of MSN and pressed the button to turn my laptop off, pushing the top down as it shut down.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that kid is weird.

I didn’t have a clue what kept happening, one minute I was so tired I could collapse on the spot, then the next I wasn’t really awake as such, but I didn’t feel like I would collapse, man, I really am weird, not that anyone except us will ever hear this, ha. I decided to just get into bed. I snuggled up under my duvet and rested my head on the pillow, I loved the silence at night when it was dark, it was so peaceful. I started to feel myself slip into a relaxing sleep, until I heard the soft strumming of a guitar coming from next door. Adam’s room. It kinda surprised me considering I didn’t even hear him walk up the stairs after I did, or at all, for that matter. I chucked the covers off of me and jumped out of bed, tip-toeing towards the wall that separated us. I leaned my left side against the wall gently and pressed my ear against it. All that could be heard was the sound of soft strumming, it was quite nice actually.
I stood and listened for a few more minutes, but then I heard the sound of a door opening, automatically thinking it was mine I moved away from the door and turned my head towards it, but it wasn’t mine, so I’m guessing it was Adam’s.

“Hey, you alright?” I voice I recognised as Matt’s questioned.

“Yeah, I’m alright” Adam sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Matt asked.

“I’m so confused”

“You want to elaborate on that?”

“I’m used to arguing with Taylor, but being civil, it’s hard” He sighed.

“I know Adam, it’s not gonna be easy, for either of you” Matt said, probably placing a hand on Adams shoulder, as he does.

“I guess it’ll take some getting used to, although, it’s nice in a sense too”

Nice?

“Nice?” Matt asked.

Hallelujah for Matt Rubano, folks.

“Yeah..I just…I don’t know, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be”

“That’s a good thing isn’t it?”

“Well yeah, I guess so” Adam replied.

“Well get some sleep, we’ve got a busy week ahead of us” Matt said.

“Yeah you’re right, thanks Matt”

“No problem” Matt said as I heard the door open and close.

I tip-toed back to my bed and jumped back in the now cold covers and thought.

Busy week ahead of them? Hmmmm.