Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty Two.

Remember when Matt had told Adam that they had “a busy week ahead of them” ? They really did, I know this because now, a week later, I’ve hardly seen any of the guys. They’ve been in meetings and they can’t discuss any information with anyone until it’s official, not even Lidia and I. Speaking of Lidia, she’d been there a lot for me this last week, she’s kept me entertained so that I’ve not been bored out of my head, considering it’s only just been both of us in the house for the majority of the week.
I bet you’re wondering how things with Adam and I were getting on, huh? Well, the answer to that is about fifty fifty. Fifty percent civil and fifty percent argumentative, we both knew it’d be hard to get along, sometimes we found it really easy to have a decent civil conversations, then other times it was pretty awkward or we’d be snapping at each other. I think the majority of time Matt and Adam were home it was usually pretty late in the evening they’d return which meant that we didn’t get to see them that much, it kinda sucked that they couldn’t tell Lidia and I what the meetings were about and the suspense was killing me, Matt said it would be a “surprise” I hated surprises with a passion, I hated the fact you had to wait for surprises, yes, I’m a very impatient person, ha-ha.
It was now Thursday, a week and a day after the fair, which meant I had just over three weeks left, I know what you’re thinking, “I thought you were staying there for six?” right? So did I, but my parents wanted me to spend some time with them too, it sucked, I’d choose to stay with Matt and Lidia in New York than go back home and spend time with my parents in Manchester, for one they saw me every day all through the year except for the holidays, and it’s not as if they’re ever home anyway, they were always working. “We want to spend some of your summer holidays with you too, Taylor” chyeah right, more like “We want to ruin your fun Taylor, you’re having too much fun with your cousin in New York.” My heart sank that little bit more every time I thought about how I only had a limited amount of time here, but even though my parents are pain in the asses, I couldn’t just up and leave Manchester and them.

“Taylor?” Lidia questioned.

“Huh?”

Lidia and I were currently sat down in the kitchen facing opposite each other, the breakfast table in between us.

“I said is it bugging you as much is it bugging me? That we’re clueless about what’s going on?” She repeated.

“It really is, I hate feeling clueless” I sighed as I picked up my little bottle of orange juice from in front of me, unscrewing the lid and taking a swig.

“I really don’t want you to go, you know?” She smiled sadly.

“Trust me Lidia, I don’t want to go as much as you don’t want me to” I replied as I to smiled sadly.

“Don’t go, then?” She stated.

“I have to, even though I love it here and trust me when I can I will move here, my home is in Manchester right now”

“I understand, but you will come back here, won’t you?” She asked hopefully.

“Of course I will Lidia, I promise” I said.

“I’m glad you like it here so much” She grinned at me.

“How could I not?! It’s amazing! And if Matt hadn’t invited me to stay I wouldn’t have met you, so I got a bonus out of it” I said honestly.

She got up from her chair, walked around to me and gave me a hug.

“I love you, kid” She smiled.

“I love you too, HEY! Don’t you start with the “kid” business again!” I laughed.

“I suppose you have grown a little bit more mature over the last week” She smirked.

“You patronising git! Says the one who has a thing for ice-cream songs and wears a Ben and Jerry’s hat around the house when she wants to” I scoffed.

“Fine fine, you got me” She laughed.

“You better come and visit me too though Lid, whenever you get the chance!”

“Of course I will, I’ve only been to London once with my parents when I was a kid, and it was awesome, so I really want to go around the UK” She grinned.

“Well once you come and visit we’ll go touring ha-ha”

“Sounds like a plan!” She exclaimed as she held her hand up for a highfive which I gladly accepted.

Over the last week Lidia and I became even closer than we already were, especially since it was only us the majority of the time, so we just hung out at home, went to the park, the mall, etc. It was really nice, even though she may not seem like it, Lidia is the over-protective type. Like when we went to the mall this really creepy looking guy came over to me and started chatting me up whilst Lidia was buying something, it was really starting to creep me out, Lidia saw and came to my rescue, telling the creep where to go ha-ha, she was truly amazing that girl. Although I did want to chuck stuff at her when she kept mentioning Adam to me, she won’t believe that I don’t like Adam like that, well she says she does, I think she believes me fifty percent and fifty percent doesn’t but I really don’t damnit. I wouldn’t dare chuck something at her though, she’d go ninja on my ass, ha-ha. I really can’t explain the torture of not knowing what was going on right under our noses was, obviously we tried to hint it as subtly as possible or try and get one of the guys to slip up, but it didn’t work unfortunately, it was worth a try though.

“How long do you reckon it’ll be ‘til we find out what’s going on?” Lidia asked me.

“I honestly don’t know, but I can’t wait much longer” I sighed.

“I might just threaten them, they’ll tell us that way” Lidia shrugged.

“Ha-ha Lid, how can you threaten them?!”

“I can’t really….damnit” She chuckled.

Man, this kid was amusing.

“I vote we go and play video games upstairs!” Lidia announced as she grabbed my arm to pull me up.

“More like you want to try and get past the first level of Pac-man” I laughed.

“Yeah, something like that” She grinned as she motioned for me to walk.

I walked the few steps to the stairs and took to them two at a time with Lidia following in pursuit. In about five minutes we’d set everything up at the games side of the room and both led down sprawled out on both sofas. Lidia attempted to pass level one on Pac-man but I just sat there with my eyes closed and thought. I was brought out of the train of thoughts suddenly by someone or something jumping on me, my eyes snapped open and turned into a glare when I was met with the sight of Matt sat on me, grinning.

“You douche, there are nicer ways of announcing yourself” I scoffed playfully.

“WE CAN TELL YOU! WE CAN TELL YOU!” He exclaimed.

“GO ON, GO ON!” Lidia persisted.

“You gotta come downstairs though, everyone’s down there”

“By “everyone” you mean?” I questioned.

“Fred, Adam, Mark and Eddie, come on come on!” He squealed, yes, squealed.

Matt pulled me up off of the sofa doing the same with Lidia then ran out of the room then towards and down the stairs.

Man, it must be pretty awesome news, ha-ha.

Lidia and I followed in pursuit, taking the steps two by two so that we’d get down there faster and therefore find the news out quicker. We both ran into the living room to see everyone sat there, grinning at us.

“SO COME ON!” I exclaimed.

“Well….” Matt trailed off.

“HURRY UP!” Lidia shouted, her impatience showing.

“AND STOP WITH THE ONE WORDS, BOY!”

“Should we really tell them? I mean, we could make them suffer a little bit more” Adam smirked.

“SHUT UP ADAM!” I screeched.

“Ohh, touchy”

“GET ON WITH IT!” Lidia exclaimed.

“We….”