Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty Seven.

Adam’s POV:

I know what you’re thinking. You thought I was going to confess my undying love for her, right?

Wrong.

That’s completely wrong considering I’m not in love with her. I can’t believe I was about to tell her that I’m so confused with everything at the moment. I don’t know, I guess a part of me knew I can trust her, well at least that’s how it seemed to me which is pretty strange. I don’t know what it was, considering we’d been anything other than nice to each other I still felt like if I told her something she wouldn’t tell anyone, hmm.

I know I shouldn’t have reacted like I did after Matt had interrupted but I knew I had to keep my guard up, I’d built these walls around myself so that no-one could get in, no-one.

Taylor's POV:

What a jerk, seriously.

That was the first and last time I’d ever feel a little concerned about that kid, I guess in a sense it’s understandable that he wouldn’t want to tell me, but the thing is, I was pretty sure he was about to but got cut off when Matt opened the door, but who knows, he might’ve just been about to say “Look, it’s like this, I hate you” or something.

I couldn’t help but let it bug me, I wanted to know.

I was determined to know.

He wouldn’t tell me again though, I’m pretty sure of that.

I sighed and pushed myself up off of the porch and took the door handle firmly in my grip, twisting it so it would open. There was no-one in the hall, I felt relieved at that actually, I didn’t feel like facing anyone when I was in this intense train of thought. I made my way as quickly as possible to the stairs and up the first flight, stopping for a second, then walking to my door and pushing it open, closing it behind me.

I didn’t know why I was so determined to find out, I really didn’t. It confused me, confused me highly.

Lidia walked out from the kitchen and once she realised I was there she began to walk towards me. I crossed my arms as she neared.

“Bad idea” I huffed as she drew to a stop in front of me.

“What was?” She questioned.

“This whole Adam thing, I told you how he’d react, and he reacted just like I said he would”

“Why, what happened?”

So I explained to her what happened, and how it seemed we were making somewhat progress and then BAM he completely changed back to mr pissy pants.

“Really?” She asked.

“Uh..yeah! Would you expect anything else?!” I sighed.

“I guess not” She shrugged.

“It’s just..I don’t know, something’s made me want to know what he was going to say” I confessed.
“I would suggest asking him..but maybe that’s not the best idea”

“Ya think?” I chuckled.

“Come on, lets take your mind off of it, yeah?” She suggested.

“I like the sound of that, what do you have in mind?”

“Well Matt’s ordering the pizza so how about we just chill and watch a movie?”

“Yeah okay that sounds good, let me just go and change into some comfy clothes and I’ll be right down” I smiled as I made my way towards the stairs.

“Don’t be too long, I get bored easily!” She laughed.

Oh, don’t I know it, ha-ha.

I made my way up the first flight of stairs as usual and took the few short steps to my room and pushed the door open.
I really didn’t understand what Adam’s problem was, it’s like he has two split personalities, it’s crazy.
I tried not to think about it because every time I did it wound me up that little bit more, so I changed into a pair of grey sweats and a Paramore tee and made my way back out of my room. I guess I was in my own little world until I felt a sudden twinge in my right shoulder as it suddenly collided with the wall.

“What the?!” I screeched.

“Watch where you’re going!” Adam spat.

“WAS THERE ANY NEED FOR THAT?!”

“Well, considering it’s you, there doesn’t have to be one” Adam smirked.

“Asshole!” I spat.

“Whatever” He scoffed as he watched me rub my now sore shoulder.

“You know, one day I’m going to figure you out” I glared.

“Oh yeah? Good luck with that” He said coldly.

“It’s like you have split personalities, Adam! What the hell?!” I screeched.

He just simply rolled his eyes and flipped me off.

“I’m going to break down those walls you’ve build around yourself one day, Lazzara”

“Oh yeah?” He glared getting closer to me.

“Yeah!” I stated confidently.

I didn’t realise how close he was standing until I realised I couldn’t move another step without walking into his chest.

“Good luck with that” He half smiled as he spun on his heel and took the few steps to the second flight of stairs, taking to them two at a time.

I was going to break down those walls.