Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Forty Five.

I began to walk as I felt like I needed time away from everything, away from everyone, away from him. I didn’t want this to happen, I was over him, I had gotten over him but something, as much as I hated to admit it made me realise I wasn’t. - not at all. I had no idea where I was going, I just let my feet lead the way, after all I’d never been to Los Angeles before, but I couldn’t think about that, all I could think about was how I let this happen. My walls, my walls had been built so strong, it seemed impossible for anyone to knock them down, then Adam comes along and just gradually knocked and knocked and knocked until there were no walls left, just rubble, and I hated it.
I found myself outside the gates of a small park. I took in my surroundings and realised it was completely deserted, much to my pleasure. I set my hand upon the rusty gate and pushed it open as it creaked quietly, then as I walked through I let it swing closed. I sighed as I looked around for somewhere to sit as my eyes landed upon a large oak tree in the distance. I walked the few steps towards it and sat down, leaning my head back against the trunk. I was so confused.
It’s funny how everything can change so suddenly, when I say funny I don’t mean laugh out loud funny, I mean scary, because that’s what it is, well, in this specific case anyway. I just sat there, lost in my own thoughts, until a voice suddenly brought me back to reality, much to my dismay.

“Taylor? What are you doing here?” Hayden questioned as she walked towards me.

“I just needed time to think, what are you doing here?”

“I guess we’re here for the same reason” she chuckled lightly as she sat down beside me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh nothing, I just come here a lot to think. What’s wrong with you?” She asked as she turned to face me directly.

“Just things” I sighed.

“Adam?”

I raised my eyebrow slightly. “Why would you think that?”

“Well, I’ve not known you for every long, not long at all actually, but I’m not stupid” she smiled.

I just laughed in response.

“So come on? What’s he done now?” She pushed.

“I-”

“You like him, am I right?” She questioned as she cut me off.

“I don’t know, maybe, kind of” I sighed.

“What’s so wrong with that?”

“I don’t want to like him, he’s an asshole who always gets what he wants, he’s inconsiderate, and he drives me crazy!”

“Well he must be doing something right for you to regain your feelings for him, have you not noticed that you’re so alike?”

“I guess I have noticed, but my view on him has been the same for so long, and it still hasn’t changed” I sighed.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, neither one of us knowing what to say, especially me. Then came the question I was hoping would never come.

“Are you going to tell him?” She asked curiously.

“Of course I’m not, it’s hard enough for me to admit I feel something for him let alone tell him, I’m not giving him the satisfaction, I’m not letting him win”

“Taylor, it’s not a game when your heart’s involved” She sighed.

“You’re right, but I can’t, there’s no need for me to”

“Well it’s your decision, but what made you realise you still do?” She questioned.

“Well he tried apologising for everything earlier and we argued as always, but it was different this time, I told him to stop trying to break down my walls and he just replied with “Taylor, I’ve already broken down your walls” then he apologised once more then walked away” I said as my fingers did quotations.

“Wow. That’s all I can say” she chuckled.

“I have no idea where I am and what time it is” I laughed.

“You’re in downtown L.A and it’s…nine o’clock.” She said as she checked her cell.

My face dropped. Shit.

“Oh shit, I’m meant to be back at the hotel now to have dinner with everyone” I exclaimed.

“Which hotel are you staying at?”

“Roswell, I think” I said as I jumped up, brushing myself up.

“Wow, you were walking for at least twenty minutes to get here, I’ll take you back” She laughed.

“Wait, you have a car?” I questioned.

“Nope, but I have legs, we’re running” She smirked.

Oh god.

We took off running back to the hotel, it was quite funny really, considering I’m probably the least fit person in existence. Luckily it didn’t take twenty minutes to get back, but it did take a while for me to catch up with Hayden who was the complete opposite to me, she was like Speedy Gonzalez.
Eventhough it didn’t take twenty minutes to reach our destination I couldn’t help but smile as the hotel came into view in the distance.

“Come on, slow coach! We’re nearly there!” She exclaimed as she continued to run in front of me.

“I hate running!” I wheezed out as I continued to run at a slow pace.

“I’ll race you, the loser buys the other one pizza!” She laughed.

“Oh you’re on!” I cheered as I began to quicken my pace, over taking her.

“Saving your best til last, eh?” She shouted as she began to catch up to me.

I turned around to retaliate but as she sped up and I turned around. slam.

Turns out I’d ran into someone. That someone.

“Sorry” I mumbled as I rubbed my arms from the impact.

“Don’t worry about it” he replied.

“Nice going there, Taylor” Hayden laughed as she walked towards us.

“Ha-ha” I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Hayden!” Adam grinned as he hugged her tightly.

“Hey! How come you’re out here? Aren’t you meant to all be meeting for dinner or something?” She questioned as she looked at me.

“Uh yeah, but I came looking for Taylor, well Matt sent me looking for Taylor” He laughed.

I laughed awkwardly.

“I’m going to go and find Matt, thanks again for walking, well running me back, Speedy Gonzalez! I’ll see you tomorrow!” I winked as I walked towards the revolving doors.

“Oh you betcha!” She laughed as she waved goodbye.

I waved back then awkwardly smiled at Adam and quickly walked through the revolving doors.

Dinner would be interesting to say the least. Great.