Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Fifty Five.

It was so bad that all I wanted to do, or all that I had done was sleep since we’d gotten back to New York as once again I’d found myself in another new surrounding as I woke up, but this time it was one I was happy to be in, yep, you guessed it, it was my bed. I rubbed my eyes and turned my body over so I could see what time it was on the clock. It was four thirty, so I thought I might as well spend the rest of the day awake before sleeping again. I had a quick shower and changed my clothes so that I felt a little better, but the thing that would’ve made me happier than anything was a nice cup of coffee, and I was determined to make that happen. I made my way down the stairs one by one not really paying attention to anything so I didn’t at first realise that the house was very quiet, but that I also didn’t realise the argument that was taking place somewhere downstairs.

“You’re such a dick, Adam! Pulling a girl?! Really?!” Hayden screeched.

I crept quietly down the last few steps and quickly but carefully made my way to the kitchen wall and rested my back on it so that I wouldn’t be seen but I wanted to hear what was going on.

“There’s nothing wrong with me doing that!” Adam scoffed.

“Adam, what the fuck?! You KNOW what I’m talking about, you’ve admitted it to me, so there’s no need to even try and attempt to put on a front!”

Admitted what?

“What I told you doesn’t matter Hayden!” He shouted.

“Why?! Because you’re so much of a chicken to even accept your own feelings yourself so you’re being an ass to everyone again?!”

“Will you quit yelling at me?! It’s up to me what I do, Hayden!”

“Yeah that may be so, but you’re not exactly making the right decisions, let alone thinking about anyone else but yourself!”

Wow, for being hungover Hayden really can hold it together, unlike me, ha.

“Yeah so I’m a selfish prick, so what?!”

“You really need to sort yourself out Adam, seriously! I’m telling you this as a friend”

“Yeah? well I didn’t ask for your advice” He scoffed.

What the fuck? He was such a dick, not that I knew what they were on about.

“Well good, because you won’t be getting it any more, you’re on your own” She shouted as she stormed out of the kitchen and turned the corner as I stepped out of my place by the wall. She jumped at the sight of me and just sighed, rolling her eyes.

I mouthed “One second” at her and she nodded as I made my way past her and into the kitchen.

“What do you want?” Adam spat.

“Oh get a life Adam, no wonder no-one likes you, don’t flatter yourself as I‘m clearly not here to see you” I scoffed as I poured myself some coffee.

“Chyeah, right, I’m pretty sure more people like me than they like you” He said as he crossed his arms.

Real mature.

I raised my eyebrow “You’d be surprised.”

He just rolled his eyes.

“You have serious issues” I sighed.

“I don’t” He defended.

“Oh really? You have mood swings worse than PMSing chicks” I scoffed.

“Shut up Taylor” He screeched.

“Well you clearly know it’s true, you’d be stupid to think otherwise”

“Well then I guess I’m stupid” he retaliated.

“Guess you are”

“Can you just shut up and leave? Why are you even in here, I don’t like you” He scoffed.

Word’s can’t describe how much I wanted to punch him.

“Why don’t you leave? Go and find a new hooker or something” I said.

“Comebacks were never your strong point” He smirked.

“Yet I still manage to make you retaliate to everything I say”

“Yeah, well-”

“Adam just face it, you seriously need to sort yourself out like Hayden said, and-”

“How do you even know Hayden said that?” He shouted.

Shit.

“Because it’s a little hard to block out your argument when I’m sure the whole street could hear it” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“If I need to sort myself out then so do you. I mean, you say I have bad mood swings, have you seen yourself? One minute you’re acting all concerned and the next you’re being a total bitch, but in all honesty I really don’t care what you say, think, or do, as I don’t care about you, not one little bit.” He spat.

Wow, who knew words could hurt so much.

“Sticks and stones, Adam! Words can cut like a knife, you know! but I’m just letting you know before you attempt to pathetically insult the wrong person with something as pathetic and childish as what you’ve just said to me” I said angrily as I tried not to show any sign that his words actually hurt.

“Whatever you say, Taylor. Whatever you say” He laughed.

“The fact you don’t take anything seriously is just as pathetic, I have no idea what any of your apparent friends see in you, because I don’t see anything at all” I spat.

“When are you going to realise your words don’t hurt me, Taylor? They never will.”

I just rolled my eyes once more and picked up my mug of coffee and walked past him, kicking his chair in the process. Just before I made my way upstairs I stopped as the doorbell rang, startling me.

“Matt or someone must’ve forgotten their key” I mumbled as I went to open the door.

I pulled the door open quite forcefully and shouted “Matt you know you could’ve just gone through the back door and-” but I wasn’t met with the sight of Matt, or anyone that I knew for that matter.

I raised my eyebrow as I took in the sight in front of me, a short bleach blonde girl who quite frankly looked orange as if she’d had a bad run in with fake tan, wearing a short skirt and bright pink tube top stood looking directly at me.

“Can I help you?” I questioned, I had no idea who she was.

“Yes actually, I’m looking for Adam” She said in a high pitched voice.

I hated the chick already.

“Why are you looking for A-” I was cut off as I felt myself being pushed out of the way of the door and into the wall.

“CINDY!” Adam shouted adoringly.

Cindy? Who the fuck?

“BABY!” She yelled back as she jumped into his arms and began to plant kisses all over his face.

“I think I’m going to be sick” I said out loud as I walked away.

“Who’s that?” I heard her ask as I made my way up the stairs.

“Oh, she’s no-one, don’t worry” Adam replied.

No-one? My god, he was such a dick. I hoped he and the oompa loompa would be happy together. Although, I couldn’t help but feel my heart sink a little at his pathetic words, but if that’s how he wanted to act yet again, he could carry on, because two could most definately play that game.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said that this story was drawing to a close slowly, but it's actually happening quite quickly but not so quickly that it doesn't make sense, but I have so much planned out for the sequel and I'm hoping that it'll be one to remember. :)
don't forget to comment/subscribe if you like it :)
Thanks for all your on-going support.
Xo.