Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Six.

About half an hour had passed, in that half an hour I continued to get to know Lidia a little bit more, Matt was right, she was really nice. Our conversation got interrupted midway as Matt walked into the kitchen where Lidia and I were currently sat on the breakfast table clutching mugs of coffee between our hands.

“I’m going to check on Adam.” Matt sighed.

“Matt, he’s fine, he’s just being the overdramatic twenty year old old boy he always has been” I said as I rolled my eyes and clutched my mug a bit tighter.

“You may have a point, but you know he wasn’t always like this, but yeah, I’m going to go and check on him” Matt announced once more as he left the kitchen and walked the short way to the stairs. Lidia watched him leave then twisted herself around from the side of me so that she was now facing me as she spoke.

“So, what’s this whole thing with you and Adam?” she asked as she took as sip of her coffee.

“It’s a complicated story.” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“I’ve got time.” Lidia stated as she motioned for me to explain.

“Basically, I don’t think we were ever proper “friends” but we spoke to each other and actually used to be civil, he used to be a nice kid when he was younger, what changed I don’t know, he changed, and now we can’t stand each other.”

To show I’d finished that short story I took another sip of my coffee then began to tap the tips of my fingers on the side of the mug waiting for Lidia to say something, for some reason it felt like forever until she finally did speak.

“You like him.” she stated as if it were a true and obviously fact.

“No! I do not, I can’t stand him, no.” I protested as I looked her square in the eyes.

“Hmm if you say so.” she said as she gave me a look to show she was unconvinced.

“Lidia, really, I do not like him, he’s a pain in the ass who I can’t stand.” I sighed, I knew I wasn’t going to convince her, but I knew it, I was one hundred, thousand percent even, that I do not like Adam Lazzara.

We sat in silence after that, it wasn’t awkward as such, but a little tension filled.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” I asked Lidia as I once again tapped my finger tips lightly on the side of my mug.

“I’m not saying I don’t believe you, but there’s chemistry there, obviously you wouldn’t see it, but-”

Before she could finish we were interrupted by the sound of someone or two people walking down the stairs, one behind the other. Matt came into view with Adam trailing behind him although Matt made his way towards the kitchen to join us, Adam went in another direction, considering I hadn’t had a proper tour of the insanely large house yet I had no idea where he was headed, but as he passed he took a quick glance in the kitchen, glared at me, then the next thing I heard was a door slam a few feet away, how nice.

“So, how did your talk with Satan go?” I smirked as I took one last swig of my coffee and set the cup down aside me.

“Taylor, cut it out, you’re just as bad as he is.” Matt said as he walked over to me and ruffled my hair.

“Patronising git." I scoffed

Matt just winked in reply and jumped up and sat on the opposite side of Lidia to what I was on the breakfast table, he wrapped a protective arm around her whilst she leaned her head on his shoulder in return…yuck.

“Look guys, before it starts to get very PDA in here I’m going to go and explore this big ass house, is that okay with ya’ll?” I asked as I jumped off the breakfast table and dusted myself off.

“Fine with us.” Matt and Lidia said in unison.

“Okay that was just freaky, ya’ll need to stop doing that” I laughed as I made my way out of the kitchen and made my way down the corridor closest to me, there were two rooms besides the kitchen that were pretty close to together, separated by a few feet if anything, I walked past the first one and as I neared the second one I heard a voice come from the one I’d just previous walked past which stopped me dead in my tracks. I walked back a few steps and examined the door, there was a keyhole just under the knob that looked like it could give a little, not much, but little view inside the room. I bent down and peered through the keyhole, to find out that because of the size of the keyhole I could only see what was directly in front of me, which happened to be Adam, pen in mouth, sat down genie style on the floor with crumbled up balls of paper and sheets lying around him. He picked up the piece of paper and removed the pen from his mouth and scribbled something down, lyrics no doubt.

“You’re all I see, sink into me.” he sang

The pain of pins and needles attacked my leg because unknowing to me when I bent down, I bent down into the most awkward position and now really needed to get up, as I tried to I stumbled a little which led me to knock into the door knob slightly but no sound stirred from the room so it looked like I was safe, I bent down once more obviously not learning my lesson from what had just milliseconds ago happened to see Adam just gazing at the door, I stood up instantly and got out of view. I leaned against the wall that was directly next to the door and let out a quiet sigh of relief whilst I remembered what Adam had just sung.

“You’re all I see, sink into me.” I whispered under my breath.

Interesting.