Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Seven.

For some reason after that little incident I couldn’t be bothered to take a tour around the rest of the house for now, so I just slowly made my way back to the kitchen. All I had in my head at the moment was “You’re all I see, sink into me” I mean, before I even found out Adam is THE Adam out of Taking Back Sunday, I loved his voice and his lyrics, and even though I know what an ass the person is behind the lyrics, my view on them and his voice hasn’t change, which is bizarre, and yet very surprising.

“You’re all I see, sink into me.” I said quietly once again under my breath.

“What?” I jumped as I heard a voice behind me…that voice.

“Huh?” I looked at him, pretending I had no idea what he was on about.

“What did you just say?” he questioned as he quickly walked past me and turned to face me directly before I could make another step.

Considering I’m only 5’6 and he’s 6’2 I had to look up, to no amusement of me.

“I said the sun’s too bright in here and it’s all I can see.” I put my hand on my forehead to shade my eyes from the “sun”

“See? ahhhh my eyes.” I continued.

Adam tilted his head to the side and I swear I saw a small smile flicker across his lips, but it was gone as soon as it came.

“You’re really weird, but then again you have always been.” He rolled his eyes.

“Says the one. Look, would it kill you to be nice?” I huffed.

“Would it kill you to be nice too?” He shot back.

I hate to admit it, but he had a point.

Before we could carry on our disagreement Matt popped his head around the corner of the side of the kitchen to look at us both, he just shook his head and made his way over to us.

“What’s it going to take for you two just to get along? Or even just be civil with each other?” Matt sighed

Adam and I just looked at each other, huffed, and faced different directions.

“I bet you both fifty dollars each you can’t get along starting from now, up until Taylor goes home in six weeks.”

“Fifty bucks?! I think I can manage to at least be civil with this…Adam.” I mumbled.

“Same here, I think I can manage to be civil with Sata- I mean Taylor.” Adam sighed.

“Great! Now hug.” Matt smirked.

“WHAT?!” Adam and I screeched in unison.

“You heard me, the first part of you getting along is hugging, so do it” Matt demanded.

Slowly I turned to face Adam as I approached him in as little steps as I could master whilst he hesitantly held both arms out for me to go in to. I hesitated a few times because come on, I was about to hug the guy I can’t stand, but I slowly got on my tip toes and wrapped both my arms around his neck whilst he wrapped his around my torso. I hated to admit it, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be…actually… it was quite…dare I say it…nice. In all honestly I didn’t want to let go all that quick because it was quite comforting, but Matt coughed so I immediately removed my arms around his neck whilst Adam retracted his arms from around me. I turned to face Matt and he just smiled, behind was Lidia…and yep, just as expected she smirked at me and gave me a “you don’t fool me” kind of look, now I’ve made it look like I like him to her.. greaaaaat.

I just coughed awkwardly and made my way towards Lydia with a “don’t say anything” look, I grabbed her arm gently and pulled her into the back of the kitchen, it was only when I heard retreating footsteps and voices so that I knew Matt and Adam were leaving I knew it was safe to speak.

“That did not mean anything! I do NOT LIKE HIM!” I exclaimed in a loud whisper to Lidia.

“Mhm, so what was that?” She smirked.

“A forced hug that I didn’t enjoy one bit." I stated.

“Yeah sure, and I’m the queen of England, you liked it, you know it, I know it” Lidia laughed

“Fine, fine okay you got me! I did enjoy it, but I DON’T like him!” I whined as I ran a hand like I always do when I’m stressed, through my hair.

“I knew it! From where I was standing, Adam didn’t look too repulsed with it himself.” She winked.

“Oh whatever.” I scoffed “It was just a hug, we’re only doing this for the fifty bucks!”

“You’ll see.” she sang as she left the kitchen leaving me dumbfounded.

I’ve got nothing TO see, I do NOT like Adam Lazzara, end of.