Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Eight.

After Lidia left I just couldn’t help but think WHY she thinks I like Adam, I mean he’s a pain in the ass and he really does do my head in and surely she can tell I don’t considering I punched his lights out earlier, heh, that was funny. I just sighed and moved from my position which was currently leaning against the fridge and took a seat in a chair sitting directly opposite the breakfast table instead of actually sitting on it this time. My mind kept wandering, I knew I didn’t like Adam, but the fact Lidia thinks that I do made me want to prove to her that I really didn’t. I think I was sat there subconsciously lost in my thoughts until the fridge door slammed shut causing me to jump slightly.

“Uh…are you okay?” A voice that knew belonging to Adam asked, even though I wasn’t lost in my thoughts anymore I was still staring hard in front of me. I didn’t think there was any need to reply considering there could’ve been someone else in the kitchen that I’d not realised yet or something, anything, not to answer.

“Taylor?”

“Huh?” I said in response as I turned my head to the right of me, confused.

“I asked if you were okay?” Adam said as he opened the top of his soda can and took a sip.

“Uh yeah I’m fine.” I replied genuinely surprised that Adam just asked if I was okay…I mean..what the?

Adam just looked at me as he tilted his head to the side slightly, I noticed he did this a lot.

Wait, what?! Now I’m noticing things he does!? I guess the only explanation is if you’re around someone you can’t stand you start to pick up things they do which annoy you even more, stupid Adam.

“ Okay…uh…are you sure?” Adam asked.

Okay, this kid was freaking me out.

“Adam why’re you attempting to be…nice?” I asked confused.

“You give me such a bad reputation.” Adam scoffed as he walked a little closer towards the breakfast table.

“Can you blame me?” I retorted as I got up out of my chair and moved further away from him.

‘Yeah, I can, you’re too judgemental.” Adam said cockily as he started to circle the table like I was.

“WHAT?!” I screeched as I came to a complete hault.

Adam walked closer to me, I knew I should’ve moved but I was shocked at what he’d just said, can you say hypocrite?

“You should learn to give people a chance.”

“People yes, you no, you want to know why?” I asked.

“Enlighten me.” He said as he started to take a step closer.

“I-”

It all happened so fast, before I could finish Adam caught the side of his jeans on a screw that was sticking out on the chair I was previously sat on which caused him to jerk forward slightly and considering there wasn’t that much space between us anymore because I didn’t move as he jerked forward his soda can did too and it was pretty full still, so you can kind of guess what happened next. If not, I’ll break it down for ya’ll…Taylor = Sodafied.

“Adam you fucking dick! You did that on purpose!” I screamed looking down at my once white now brown shirt.

“How the fuck did I do it on purpose?! I didn’t tell my jean leg to get caught did I?!” He shouted back.

“I knew that “niceness” couldn’t last long!” I scoffed as I did quotations for “niceness."

“At least I tried to be nice, unlike some people!” He retorted.

“Yeah well-”

“HEY! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TWO GETTING ALONG?!” Matt shouted as he entered the kitchen and took in the sight in front of him.

“Can you blame me for shouting?!” I screeched as I stretched out the bottom of my top in front of me so Matt could see what happened to it.

“Adam what did you do?” Matt sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

“It was an ACCIDENT! I got caught on the side of the chair!” He defended.

“You know what, I’m going to just go and get changed” I sighed irritably as I walked away from Adam and headed past Matt.

“Tay, lighten up.” Matt joked as he ruffled my hair.

“And again, patronising git.” I smiled as I walked up the stairs.