Status: not sure if I'll ever finish. I don't have much time anymore, but, never say never.

Because She Would Ask Me Why I Loved Her

Supernatural Delight

Image

Image
"I'm not allowed to date."

HOLY SHIT!! What do I do now?


Ever since Kadence told me that she wasn’t allowed to date, my head tried to think of ways to talk to and convince Reverend Collins that I should be allowed to take Kadence out on a date. I knew I HAD to talk to him by the 21st, because that was the night I hoped to take Kadence out. So, after much deliberation and battling inside, I decided that I would talk to Rev. Collins after church on Sunday, aka tomorrow.

The wait until Sunday was agonizing, and then finally, Sunday came. The hour long wait until after church seemed even longer than the other hours leading up to it. Kadence, of course, looked beautiful in her red dress shirt and black skirt. As I sat down in the pew next to her and saw her dad walk up to the pulpit, I started to feel my palms sweat a little bit. The service was good, not that I remember most of it; I was too focused on what to say to Rev. Collins, I am sure God will forgive me this time.

After the last hymn, the Apostle’s Creed and the benediction, everyone started to leave the church. I told my mother to wait for me, but that I would be a while, so she might want to go for lunch and I would call her when I was finished. She smiled and wished me luck; I had told her my plans last night after I told her everything.

I struggled to walk to the front of the church, where Rev. Collins was standing shaking hands and saying

“Thanks for coming.”

When it was finally my turn (and I was the last person), I went to Rev. Collins and said,

“Can I talk to you Rev. Collins?”

He smiled and said,

“Of course, Kellan, when would you like to meet?”

I thought for a moment and finally said,

“If you don’t mind, right now would be best for me.”

He looked confused but shook it off and then said,

“If you are sure, then let me just talk to Mrs. Collins and Kadence, to let them know and I will meet you in my office, ok?”

I couldn’t believe it, but I did not want to waste a second, so I walked as fast as I could to Rev. Collins office because as I was told many times as a youngster, “You cannot run in God’s house”. Of course, the door was not locked, as Rev. Collins spent time in there before the service started, and I sat down on one of the chairs and waited.

After only what felt like seconds, Rev. Collins walked through the door and said,

“So, Kellan, what is it that you wish to speak with me about?”

I, once again, thought for a moment on how to respond to that without getting him too upset with me, before I said,

“Rev. Collins, I wish to speak to you about Kadence.”

That sentence made him stop in his tracks, but then he sat down in his chair at his desk and then said,

“What did you say?”

I tried to sound confident saying,

“Well, sir, I would like to ask your permission to ask Kadence on a date.”

“That’s what I thought you said,” said Rev. Collins,

“But, as I am sure she has told you, I don’t allow her to date just anyone.”

“Yes sir, she told me that, but I wanted to talk to you and it is my hope that we can talk about this and maybe come to an understanding.”

“Well, Kellan, why should I, a pastor, allow you, a “bad boy” according to some church members, to date my daughter?”

I had to really think about that question, because I was not expecting it, but soon, and idea popped into my head, as though God was intervening.

“Because sir, you teach all the time about faith. Well, I have the faith that Kadence and I will be together for a long time, maybe even one day, we will be married. I just have this feeling that God is working a miracle in my life, even though my faith is not always the strongest. I just hope that you can see it too and accept my offer. I will take it slow with Kadence and respect her wish to stay a virgin until marriage and despite what people may say, I too am a virgin. I do not intend to hurt Kadence by any means; I will still come to church every Sunday and even on Wednesdays too. Kadence has warmed my heart to a whole new realm of possibilities for my life.”

He stopped me there and said,

“When and where do you plan on taking her, if I say yes.”

“I have reservations for The Frog and Owl on Friday at 6:00 P.M. and I would have her back to you by 10:00 P.M.”

He thought about that for a moment, put his head down, folding his hands as though in prayer and then said,

“Alright Kellan, you can take her out, but only if she says yes, no forcing her, you understand? Also, do not hesitate to call me if you need anything.”

I couldn’t believe my ears but finally my brain caught up with what just happened and I said,

“Of course Rev. Collins, would you mind if I called her tonight?”

He shook his head and rose from his chair to lead me to the door. He told me that he hoped
Kadence would say “yes” when I called later today.

I called my mom and thankfully she was close by, so I didn’t have to wait very long. I greeted her with a huge smile and said that Rev. Collins told me I could take Kadence out if she agreed. Mama almost squealed with delight as she drove us back home.

After getting home, I changed into something more comfortable and then thought of the many ways I could ask Kadence out. After about 2 hours, I finally had a plan and called her house. She answered and I explained everything the best way I could, considering how nervous I was and finally she answered,

“Ok, Kellan, that sounds wonderful. See you then.”

I was so happy I almost wanted to jump in the air and then do what can only be described as a victory dance, but I refrained. The next few days were spent trying to make sure my car was clean, all of the details were right and that my clothes were clean. Finally the night of the date arrived and I was determined to be early. I dressed in my black dress pants and shoes and a red dress shirt and made sure that I showered beforehand and put on plenty of deodorant and some cologne (but not a lot). I arrived at Kadence’s house at 7:20 and rang the doorbell.

When Rev. Collins answered the door, he said that Kadence was almost ready and that I could wait in the living room until then. I sat on the couch and soon heard the click of high heels. I looked up and saw Kadence, in a red shirt, a green skirt and red shoes. She looked marvelous and I told her as much. I also told Rev. Collins that I would have her back by 10 P.M.

On our short drive to dinner, Kadence and I said nothing. I was too nervous to mess something up and I am sure she was too; after all, it was her first date in the history of her life. When we finally pulled up to the sidewalk outside of The Frog and Owl, I told her to stay put and I would open her door. I opened her door for her and offered her my hand to hold. She gladly took it and we walked together into the restaurant.

Once we were seated and had ordered our drinks sweet tea, of course, we got to talking about our lives. Kadence wanted to know more about life as a Senator’s son and I wanted to know about her life as the Pastor’s daughter and what she wanted to do with her life. She revealed that she had dreams of working with animals in any way possible, but she wasn’t sure how this dream would happen. We ordered our food and continued to talk, so much so that I was saddened when the waiter brought our check and we left the restaurant. I took Kadence’s hand and we walked to the town square, near the clock tower. We sat at the benches near the clock tower and Kadence said,

“The landscape around here is absolutely beautiful.”

“So are you”, I said.

She blushed as she said,

“Surely you cannot be serious. That is the second time I have heard you say that.”

“I meant it, you are beautiful.”

She was silent then and soon, I felt the urge to kiss her. I told her as much and she said,

“But, I don’t know how”, so I said,

“Don’t worry, just feel.”

So, with my heart racing, I kissed her lips very softly. To my surprise, she started to kiss me back, very softly too. When we broke apart I knew something very special had just happened. Soon, it was time to bring Kadence back home. We held hands again on our way back to the car and once again, I opened her door for her. We drove back in silence, but once I parked the car in her driveway and led her to the front door, I told her something I never thought I would tell another person, apart from family…

“I love you, Kadence.”

silence

After what seemed like forever, I said,

“Now would be a great time to say something.”

“I told you not to fall in love with me.”

“I never thought I would when I said that, but now I realize how blinded I was for so long, please believe me.”

“Kellan, let me think about this, ok?”

“Ok, no problem. Would you and your parents mind coming to a Christmas party with my parents on Christmas Eve? I would have asked you earlier, but I was having too much fun with you to remember it.”

“Sure, not a problem, should I bring anything?”

“Just bring your beautiful self, ok?”

She blushed again and said,

“Sounds good.”

We said our goodbyes and I saw her enter the house and then I walked back to my car with a huge grin on my face, I had told Kadence Collins that I loved her and although she seemed to be shocked by the idea, she eventually warmed up to it. Now all I have to do is find a Christmas gift for her as a little surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it has taken me so long to update, I am so busy with school that now I can only update on holidays. I have an outline, so I know what to write once I find the time. I also found new links for the houses in this story, because the others have been sold.
Title Credit: Dancing in the Moonlight/Toploader
Links
Kadence’s house
Kellan’s house
Church
First Date