So What If I'm a Witch?

Late Night

Her closed eyes didn't guide her, not for one second in the cold black of the night sky. She didn't need them.
You don't need to see in the dark to know where you're going. Just make sure that no one sees you.

Wind struck her face like a whiplash, leaving red stains scarring her cheeks and leaving them like burning ice. With her leather-gloved hands, she gripped the handle tightly and tried to ignore Jinx clawing at her back, begging to be get off.

She screwed her eyes up in concentration, shakily directing the broomstick downwards and descending clumsily onto her rooftop. One foot slipping behind the other, she managed to grab a tile, then the edge of a chimney, and before long, she was wobbling upright and struggling to balance herself, but she was standing nevertheless.

Beside her, Jinx released his claws from the tangled sticks of her broom, hauled himself up to the top of the chimney hole and retched rather noisily into it. The splat was audible at the bottom.

"Jinx! Behave yourself!" She hissed, and promptly picked him up and dropped him through the hole.

I hate you. The cat's reply didn't surprise her; Jinx was generally quite hateful.

She eased herself carefully through the chimney, not daring to touch the sooty brick sides in case she was liable to leave tracks.
Taking a deep breath, she let go of the sides, and glided effortlessly, landing with a soft thump, knees bent, on the charcoal remains of a fireplace once lit.

Her hand was in something squishy.

Oh crap. Jinxes sick!

Jinxes made a coughing sound that sounded a lot like laughing.

"Oh shut up, you!" She flung a pinch of ash into his eyes, silencing him.

They both paused suddenly, looking up to where the noise of the creaking door had come.
Uh oh.

"And what, may i ask, are you doing up so late?"
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter :D yay xx