So What If I'm a Witch?

Oh, I'm History!

For a while, Leila didn't know how to answer Danny. When he asked if she believed in witchcraft, she literally caught her breath, her heart almost skittered to stop.
Sure, it was partly her fault for getting herself into this mess by saying the "Do you believe in magic?" crap that should never have slipped out of her ungodly mouth.

But.... it didn't have to be a total mess! After all, he doesn't really know that those things exist, does he?

Leila tried to calm herself, desperately hoping that she wasn't giving away anything in her face, and her body was tensed up. She sneaked a peek at Danny.
Thank God, he wasn't looking at her.

She swallowed a gulp. "Oh, um, gee, er... witches. They're a bit of a weird thing though...." She eventually managed to form understandable syllables. "I don't think that actual witches exist..... but certainly witchcraft. You know, just medicinal things like that."

Out of the corner of her eye, Leila caught Danny's eyebrows furrow in a frown. He looked so cute when he did that...

"Yeah i suppose." He coughed, but just as he was about to say something else, the bell for the end of lunch period startled them both into sitting up straight.

"God, what a scare!" Leila's usual remark over the sudden noise quickly ended their conversation, to Leila's relief, and they both got up and said their usual goodbyes, heading off for the next class.

Once Leila had meandered her way through all the various corridors to get to her classroom, Leila plopped herself down on her desk, situated right at the back furthest from the teacher and right next to the window so she could stare out of it.

Oh why did I take History? Leila moaned to herself for the hundredth time that year. None of my friends do it! I'm practically a loner!

While Leila waited for her teacher and the rest of the class to trickle in, she plugged her headphones in and blasted the tune at full volume. She closed her eyes, watching the colored lights dance beneath her eyelids and nodded her head to the thumping bass, mouthing the words.

She was interrupted by an incredibly rude, incessant tapping thudding on her right shoulder. At first Leila just shrugged them off, but when they insisted on continuing Leila angrily tore her earphones from her ears and glared at the person who was tapping her shoulders; "Yeah, what do you want?!"

This was followed by a gasp on her part.

It was a boy. WIth midnight black hair and the greenest eyes that resembled emeralds, Leila noticed that he looked quite elvish because his jaw and cheekbone were certainly prominent and he ears almost looked pointy.

She noticed that he was wearing very casual-but-smart clothes; plain black jeans held in place with a black leather belt, and he was wearing a light grey shirt which was rolled up at the sleeves.

This boy was hot. And he was looking at her.

"Umm... excuse me, sorry for disturbing you, but do you mind if i sit there?" He indicated the spare seat situated next to her.

Leila could only nod as the mysterious boy grinned wickedly as he sat himself down next to her in the only other available seat in the class.

At that moment, Leila couldn't be happier that her best friends weren't in her class to share him....

The Gorgeous One glanced down at the purple iPod Leila clenched in her now clammy hand. "May I?" He asked, holding his hand out palm-up.

Leila shrugged, trying to hide her excitement. "It's all yours."

As The Gorgeous One zoomed through all her music, Leila noticed her History teacher enter the room, huffing and puffing, and his face was scarlet as though he had just run a marathon.

"G...Ga..... Good afternoon... class!!" He wheezed, clutching his side and collapsing into his chair before grabbing a glass of water and knocking it back. "S... So sorry I'm... ha..... late!"

As the teacher continued to fumble his words, gasping, Gorgeous One raised his eyebrows at Leila, flashing concern. "Is this normal?"

Leila nodded, unable to tear her eyes away from the piercing green eyes. "Y-Yeah. He's um... his last class is always pretty far away." Phew, she managed a whole sentence!

The teacher noticed the mysterious boy sitting next to Leila, and stopped gasping.

"Er.... Uh... class, i believe we have a new student here with us, er, today." He beckoned with his hand. "Ca... Come and introduce yourself to the class, my boy."

Gorgeous One rose from his chair and went to the front of the class and grinned at them, causing all the girls in the class to sigh spectacularly.

"Hey, I'm the transfer student from London. My name's Jacob." Many 'oohs' and 'aahs' erupted from the females in particular. "But you can all call me Jake."

Jake.

Jake nodded to the class as he made his way back to his seat, and Leila suddenly noticed all the glares in the room were directed at her.

For a moment she was worried. They're all going to revolt and completely murder her school life.... but then;

Ha! They'll be sorry if they go near me.

A smug smile crept over her face as he sat down next to her.

And he's all mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another chapter updated :D
Sorry if it's bit long, but it's actually a cut version.

Sorry for introducing a REALLY NEW character to the story so soon, i thought that it would give this a bit of a kick start, a way to stop me rambling about nothing in particular ;)

Hope you enjoyed it, and comments would be well appreciated! :D

Thanks xxxx